Did you Almost Died???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 23, 2011.

1. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    once i had a shelf full of computers fall on me, and another time my dog bit threw an electrical wire and brought it over to my leg, and once my sister held my head under water for 3 minutes

2. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I've had a few but the most recent was driving on a single lane divided highway/ Merge Ramp from the Midtown Tunnel to Downtown Norfolk , where I'd usually hit about 40 coming off the curve, something told me the situation wasn't quite right. Pulled off to the side of the road to watch a 2 ton pick-up truck coming at me in the wrong direction heading towards Lambert's Point/ Coal Piers. The knowing to pull off to the side of the road spooked me out so bad I had to call home and talk to my Mom for about 20 minutes at 5 AM. She figured it was my Dad looking out for me. Seriously though, I was damn lucky, coming out of the Midtown Tunnel I would pass right by the SNGH ER, being that close, I still doubt that I'd have made it had we hit head on.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    probly

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

When I was a stupid teenager and thought i knew everything about driving (from Gran Turismo), I drove a company van off the interstate ramp.

5. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I was found choking one night when I was a baby, and when I was about 6 I slipped and fell at a swimming pool - I hit my head off the tiles then fell into the pool, landed face-down and had to be pulled out. Kept coughing up water for hours afterward, and I can still vividly remember the taste of chlorine.

6. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Oh the stories I could tell..................

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a fellow PS2 GT4 driver I'll take your advice to heart when I start driving.

8. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Not really. Though when I was little I cracked my head open, and split my lip open, requiring tons of stitches.
    Damn nightstand, public enemy #1.

A further detailed list of injuries. Slipped on my back and knocked the wind right out when I was little. (Saw that mentioned!)

Went sledding down a hill and caught a huge tree where the sun don't shine. Ouch.
    Took a sled to the throat.(Odd Story)

Been in 3 car crashes.

And, to be funny. I almost died of embarrassment when I was showing off to some girls and sprained my ankle.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I hit my head on the bedpost while jumping on the bed a few years back. Was only around 6 at the time

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Everytime we walk out that door we are risking our lives.

Women drivers all over the road.

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    You know those screw on caps on bottles of soda? Well, I was being an idiot, and I wanted to see if I could put one of those caps back on by slamming down hard on the top.
    So, after trying all varieties of methods, I was frustrated. And I had it upright in my lap.
    I slammed the palm of my hand down hard on the cap, which made the bottle slam down hard, into my groin...
    My children probably had a near death experience.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    When I was a kid, my mom was driving with me, my brother, and my sister back from vacation, and on the highway, this car starts swerving and CRASHES into two other cars, but despite how close we were to it, we were okay. Needless to say, my mom started taking us to church more often after that...

On a more humorous note in a morbid thread, I was at a picnic with my friends from high school yesterday, and I was on the ledge of a creek at the park. Well, me, and my best friend Michael, and two girls Helen and Lilly. I was about to sit down with the three of them, and Michael tells me to sit (he points) "riiiiiiiiiiiiight here." I shrugged, since I knew I was a fourth wheel to him and the girls' tricycle (I have a history with Lilly, to say the least, and Michael and Helen always flirt), and was about to sit down... Then Helen and Lilly scream "DON'T DO IT NO DON'T SIT THERE WAIT". I jumped backwards, and it turns out that they were worried about the apparently unstable ledge collapsing under me. In reality, even if it did collapse, it wouldn't have done nothing to me. There were no rocks, just dirt, nothing to injure myself with. I glared at Michael and told him jokingly, "If I was injured thanks to you, I would've sued your ass off! You're gonna be in a street pushing a shopping cart within three to five days!"

13. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got hit by a car an hour ago.
    I'm totally fine. I was riding my bike home from my friend's house and a guy came from my left. He was supposed to let me pass the intersection, but I guess he didn't see me and he accelerated. Thank god I only have 3 small scratches and my bike can easily be repaired.

14. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

:jawdropper: