Did you Almost Died???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I've probably almost died tons of times. The only ones I can really remember was once being in the woods and a dude was hunting there (illegally) and didn't know I was there. Another time I ran out in front of a metro bus because I needed to catch it. Then I realised it wasn't the right bus anyways.

2. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I was camping one time while I was in Boy Scouts and I was the only one left awake and kept the fire going. I ran out of fire wood and started to use other materials. I had raided garbage from ours and other campsites and when that was gone I poured gasoline on it. A friend of mine had melted some pots in the fire earlier so I figured the gas can would do the same. Luckily one of the other scouts woke up and came over and removed it before it blew up.

Once I was playing with Legos and wanted to plug in the lights. They had an adapter that they were meant to plug into but I couldn't find it. The prongs at the end of the lego itself were held together with a screw. I plugged these directly into the wall and burnt out the light. If I'd been holding onto the part with the screws I probably would have been electrocuted.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    Some football team scored a touch down and 6' 6" Haloid jumped for joy! His head collided with the door frame. He got a concussion. And some other thing and know he had headaches all the time, literally.

4. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i got crushed under a 2 ton ride on lawnmover while working underneeth it, luckily i was laying on my side and my shoulders took all the weight, destroyed both my shoulders and had to undergo lots and lots of rehibilitation and therapy, however if i was laying on my back or stomach i wouldve been killed instantly

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

The kid is 6'6"? You'd think he'd have learned not to jump anymore. Anyway, no shame in it. In fact, it belongs in a John Wayne movie. John Wayne jumps, gets brain damage, and then single handedly takes out a gang of cattle rustlers in a secluded ravine and saves an entire town's livelihood with only a lever action rifle.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    He swore at the doorframe. He's effective.

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, WTF does a 4000 pound riding lawnmower look like? Holy crap that suckers gotta be huge.

I have a fear of getting under jacked up cars. I just have seen so many hydraulic fails to trust them.

8. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    something like this

[​IMG]

9. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Started breathing before I was born. Nearly died at birth, wasn't expected to live out the week.

Fell into a pool and drowned before I was 3, had to be resuscitated and it took a few tries to bring me back.

Underwent surgury at 13 and was flatline for 5 minutes or so.

Since then, nope. Takes more then this pathetic planet can throw at me.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Wow..guys....Some of your stories are funny and some are scary..and some of you are lucky to be alive.
    Thankfully you've made it this far and hopefully all of you will around to share more stories in the future. :) 

Me, just clumsy and fall down a lot :eek: , broken leg and ankle, but nothing life threatening--so far.

12. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've almost died twice, the first was at birth because I was born 2 months premature and couldn't breathe on my own, I spent 2 months in ICU before coming home.

The second time was about 9 years ago while working at a steel slitting factory, a 20,000 lb coil of steel fell from a overhead crane as I walked past it. It missed me by about six inches, landing where I had been less than a second before, I've never been so frightened in my life!

13. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Me? No...I've held my son in my arms and watched him dying and couldn't do anything about it.(he made it)there was a thread about it,when it happened.

14. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    As a father myself, I have to say that your experience is worse than dying yourself, to see my son in my arms slipping away and not being able to do anything about it would be torture of the worst kind.

Thank God your son pulled through.

15. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

I was doing Course Safety Work at a local Auto-X once back when I was 21 or so.
    The course was on a local Go-Kart track, it was big enough to use as a short Auto-X track with normal cars. The only problem was that there was a long straight at the start, followed by a tight left turn. In the past cars had locked their brakes and gone into the grass due to too high an entry speed, so the staff decided to set up a chicane near the start to lower that speed.
    So this corvette is up while I'm working the course. I'm near the chicane in a gravel pit. He loses traction going through the chicane, he comes right at me. Luckily I noticed what was going to happen and got out of his way. If I hadn't been aware I prolly woulda been creamed by him.
    After I did my runs we left, although I heard some people totalled their cars(an Integra Type R and a brand new G35X) a little afterwards. That was a pretty dangerous course.

16. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot like Necrophon, I was born 9 weeks premature (weighed about 3 1/2 lbs) and was in the ICU for about 8 weeks before going home.

17. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Let's see I almost got head chopped off by a truck window when I was really young, I almost drowned in a pool (crazy lifeguard didn't even help) nothing super hostile.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I almost broke my neck at Boy Scout Camp when I was 15.

19. Tracker Hound

Tracker Hound Banned

Almost died alot of times until recently.

20. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Almost drowned... my sister saved me...