Did you Almost Died???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    America sounds like a dangerous place to live!

When I was young I had a severe asthma attack that cut my breathing off. Good job I had sense to scream cos it was late at night and that could've been the last breath I took...

Besides that, I seem pretty invincible. Ever since cracking my skull on the corner of a brick wall at age 6 (seesaws are dangerous) I haven't had a single injury.

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    When I was 16(21 years ago), a buddy of mine got his pilot's license. The next weekend 4 of us were going to go flying on Saturday morning. Friday night I went out to Red Lobster with my family and got food poisoning. Worn out from a night of puking my feet up I didn't go flying. My buds did go however and the plane crashed on take-off. Everyone aboard was killed.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Only time I feel like dying was when the meds I am taking for my hypertension ran out and 2 days afterward I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my blood vessels about the burst from pressure. My BP was around 180/120 and not only was the veins in my arms throbbing constantly, my ears were humming so loud I couldn't stand it, so I took myself to the emergency room and got my BP lowered. After that I learned never to stop taking meds cold turkey because my body will go through withdrawals like that.

4. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    Jesus...let's hear it for food poisoning!

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Wow.That's just freaky.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I get the feeling that a smart-ass comment would be of ill-taste.

So I will say nothing but wow.

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah? I can't say that I've come close to living. :( 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    That's what I'm hear for.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Liar.

I hit my head once. Really hard. Scary stuff.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I'm here for lotsa stuff.

I know, I mean you were just born when it happened.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    I must not post the story...

12. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Hmmm...
    1. My parents once told me that I had a severe asthma attack shortly after I was born.

2. I feel like I might get fatal aneurysms every time I read redundant and grammatically-incorrect double-past-tenses in sentences on online forums. :p 

3. I remember falling down a short set of stairs as a young child and being unable to breathe for what seemed like forever at the time.

Other than those, I can't really think of anything.

13. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

1.)About 5yrs ago I Hit a patch of ice skiing down a double black. I slid down to where the course split, outta control. I was heading face first towards this giant rock uable to stop or slow down. I managed to spin myself just as I reached the rock and rapped my back around it. I herniated a disk in my back and bruised my ribs, and was still lucky that I didn't snap my back.

2.)When I was 18 about 15yrs ago, my genius friend tried to take an exit on the expressway crossing 3 lanes going 80mph. just so he didn't miss the exit. we skid outta control into the grass median between the on and off ramps on 2 wheels. The car seemed to pause on its side for a second or two as it slowed. and the dropped down on all four wheels. we sat there for a minute stunned and then continued onto our exit. We finished the last 30 min of the drive home in complete silence. thought we were gonna barrel roll and it woulda been, game over man..

3.)a few years back my wife and I were driving home on I-495 from xmas shopping. as we came around a bend in the road there was and airborn range rover facing us, it landed on it's side and we fishtailed to a stop just feet away from driving right into the wreckage. it appearentley was clipped or collided with a minivan that was stopped about 30 to 40 yrds past the range rover. It's front end was crushed(minivan). we pulled off to the side of the road and called 911. There xmas presents scattered everywhere, scary and intense.

14. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    i was riding a bike to work in january,and a white van overtook me just as we came to a left hand turn. The van seemingly drove on forward, right until the last minute when it suddenly turned left without indicating, I put the breaks on hard, whilst screaming "OH S**T" at the van, but ended up whacking into it and falling to the ground. There were no major injuries thankfully, just a few bruises and scrapes, but i seriously thought it could have been a lot worse. What did make it a lot worse though, was when the van stopped. The driver got out, and i foolishly thought that he was going to apologise or ask if I was alright...but no. He got out, stormed right up to me and yelled in my face "YOU F***ING T**T!!! WHAT WERE YOU F***ING THINKING?!!? YOU COULD HAVE SCRAPED MY VAN YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?......and so on" then he got back in his van and sped off.
    Haven't ridden a bike since

15. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I almost got killed when some thugs tried to steal my motorcycle. It was about 11 years ago, I think the thread is around the archives here somewhere. I was shot at and then had a bike accident because of it. Still freaks me out when I remember it.

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Should have used the hurricane kick dude.

17. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    shit the same thing happened to me years ago i cant even stand up straight now

18. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

That makes me sad :(  that some D-Bag motorist spoiled the wonders of cycling for someone.

19. CharmedSerenity

CharmedSerenity Long Live the Legion

Well, when I was down in a boarding school in Devon, a group of students were working in the field the school kind of owned and the teaching assistant (gap student from Australia) took a swing at some weeds with an old scythe, the blade promptly flew off, bounced off my head (leaving a gash requiring a few stitches) and vanished over the hedge. If I'd been any closer to the guy, it would have been my neck that got hit instead.

And all these experiences reminds me of an extremely lucky escape my brother had. That bomb in a Bali bar a few years back, he was supposed be meeting some friends in that exact same building, but had fallen sick and didn't make it.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    A long time ago (1999 I think), I was suicidal and came very close of throwing myself in front of a truck while I was training on my bike. Thank God things have changed for the very best.