Did you Almost Died???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    I almost died from laughter at the title.

I can't say that I've come close to dying. My life is boring and uneventful.

2. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Almost happened to me, too. Don't quite remember the other times, though.

3. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

A kid held a knife to my back when I was younger, don't think he actually intended to do anything with it though so I won't count that.

I did almost drown in an old quarry once though, I was close enough to a dock though that my friend was able to swim out and pull me to it

4. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    I've been robbed at gun point, was in a hospital fire while being in a half body cast (waist down), and was also stuck upside down on a roller coaster during a tornado. That's about it.

5. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    That completely blows out the water my experience in a roller coaster in which the rollbar thing fell off (And this coaster had no seatbelts). Centrifugal force FTW? (I never felt as though it was life threatening, just scared my brother and I shitless :lol )

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

For my records can I see your picture and know your full name...I want to avoid the hell outta you. Talk about bad luck being around you.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    So basically you went through three increasingly terrifying experiences.

By that logic, next you'll be attacked by a bear in the middle of a hurricane in a mine field.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    when i was 10, i had sleep apnea so bad that to survive, i taught myself how to sleep standing up without falling down. I did that 4 times while at the Children's Hospital in Birmingham in front of doctors.
    my 02 sats during that time? 20%. (when you get to 95% or less, Doctors worry.)

I have had a car i was sitting in shot at- 3 bullets hit the rear windshield, one bullet was later found wedged under the VIN plate on the dashboard.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Smacked mirrors with a larger truck once. The glass came in and hit me in the chin so hard, it chipped the bone. The doctor said that if it had hit an inch lower, it would have went through my neck and killed me.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Car accident i was in last week.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    I was in a really bad accident when I was 16. My Blazer rolled over, the other car slammed right into my door. I look at pictures and still wonder how I made it out of there with minimal injuries. No broken bones, just internal bleeding and bruising from hanging unconscious in the seatbelt before the ambulence arrived.

12. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    No.

13. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    some asshole once tried to drown me in a swimming pool. friggin 12 year olds man. I hate that kid on kid violence.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    A long time ago, I once spilled a full McDonalds kiddie cup full of Coca-cola onto the front seat of my dad's car. The fact I wasn't instantly strangled to death is a miracle.

15. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    Thanks for the vote of confidence....

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Sins of the father bro.

As for me, well when I was born I was about a week early so my heart wasn't fully developed. I was in an incubator for about a week until I was finally released. My heart is said to have some sort of blocked Pump. So yeah, aside from almost losing my eye that is pretty much it.

..Oh yeah and I was 6 inches from falling into a broken storm drain.

17. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Well, I was almost kidnapped from a bowling alley when I was 4.. we all know what happens to kids who are kindnapped from such places (that guy wanted to boil and eat little B'bantor)

I've been in the park and on the street numerous times when shots rang out- they weren't directed at me so I guess this don't count. I've had guns pulled on me a few times.. again, this don't count as they had no intention of shooting.

Another time I thought I was going to die was when I was about 14 some friends & I were writing grafitti in a freight train yard. we were between 2 trains and it was a tight squeeze.. all of a sudden the trains started to move each going in opposite directions. Instead of staying still, we got scared and started to run. The trains were knocking into us a little on both sides as they past.. lucky they were going really slow. I thought I was going to fall and roll under one of the trains. When we finally got to safety our shirts were torn up and our upper arms were cut up and bruised.

More rencently (tomorrow will be 2 weeks) A truck making a wide right turn was completely oblivious to my prescence on the road and I came this close to being squashed like a bug under the rear wheels. I made it away at the last second with just a few minor bruises as a part of the truck did hit my leg. I was on my bicycle at the time, a 1959 Triumph which I loved :(  and she indeed has teh died.
    [​IMG]

18. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I nearly drowned once in a hotel pool as a kid. There was a group of teenagers at the deep end of the pool. Everytime I put my arm on the side to pull myself up a guy kept hitting my hand with his elbow. Eventually I could not breathe nor had the strength to pull myself up. The lifeguard had to get me out.

Another time was at a restaurant. I was rather young single digits. Like any kid I was busy playing. I bumped into a waitress carrying coffee. They had to take me in the back away from all the spectators. Luckly the paramedics arrived rather quickly.

The last I can recall was as a kid. My second oldest sister was watching me. I was alone in my parents room jumping on the bed. She was making something to eat. Was rather close to the edge. Instead of going up I went straight. As I was coming down the back of head bashed into the radiator. Fortunately my father was an ambulance driver at the time. So he showed up to take me to the hospital. I don't blame my sister it was my own fault for acting like a punk.

I've been in a number of scrapes. Nothing anywear near as bad as the three I listed.

Broke my wrist once in junior high. We had to jump hurdles. As I jumped my foot got caught on the bar. It came crashing down on my right wrist.

Even my family jokes that I'm still alive.

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Knocked the wind out of you, huh? Scary as hell when that happens. During 4th grade summer school, I was playing on the monkey bars during recess. Trying to show off, I jumped from the top step and tried to reach the fifth bar. Landed right on my back from a height of about 6 feet and couldn't breathe for about 20 seconds. That....was the scariest moment of my life; can't believe I hadn't included it in my first post.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everyone I know who's died, died.