Did you Almost Died???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 23, 2011.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Almost drowned in a pool when I was a toddler.

Almost got smashed between a van and a car a couple years ago on New Years.

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Almost died of kidney failure, spent the better part of 6 years on dialysis and got a transplant!
    Almost got hit in the drivers side of my car by another car coming down a hill after I spun out a bit on ice, but did manage to get the car back out of the way, don't know if that would have killed me, but sure there would have been permanent injury

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anything, I think it's a miracle that we haven't already joined the Matrix by now...

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was stillborn, my parents said i died 4 times in the first 20 mins of being born

5. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

My Dad tried to beat a train at a crossing, and won.

I was working with him at the time, and we were on the way home. We notice there is a lot of traffic, which 9 times out of 10 in that area means... train. So, we head out the back way. We come up to one intersection and see that the train had JUST passed it. Damn.. So my dad BOOKS IT out passed city limits, and onto a dirt road with a speed limit of 30km/h, I look at the speedometer and it reads 130km/h. I can see the train in the distance. We come up to the tracks, and the train is dangerously close! My Dad isn't even phased. We cross the tracks, and I kid you not, I saw the scared shitless look on that train driver's face, and I'm willing to bet he saw the scared shitless look on mine.

Thats as close to death as I have ever come... and hopefully that's as close as I get for a very long time.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I almost died when I caught pneumonia as a week old baby in hospital.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Nearly drowned in the deep end of a swimming pool when I was four, and nearly succumbed to hemorrhagic dengue fever two years later.

8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    had crope as a little kid coughed that much i trew up backwards into my lungs was delcleared dead for 10 minutes then i came back to life and scared the docters

besides that held up for my cell phone the guy took a swing at me and i took it in the arm then knocked him out one hit ko lol

9. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

I had this too. And when i was about a year old and my brother was throwing big bricks in a river near our house and one slipped out of his hand and hit me on my head.

10. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing comes to mind that I can remember.

11. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    When I was a little boy, I fell on my back very hard in a PE lesson and wasn't able to breathe for a while.

In this past New Year, I had a very close call. It was like 5 AM and we were returning home with a taxi. We stopped in the red light and there were two other taxis in front of us for green light. Then, a very fast sports car went by very close and crashed into the other taxi. Sports car made a flip and landed hard. The driver was a young guy and he was drunk as hell and he also had his girlfriend with him. Luckily no one was dead or injured very much.

So, don't drive drunk!

12. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    I've had so many close encounters with death:
    -$50,000 worth of surgery as an newborn(stomach, other stuff)
    -Lungs collapsed as a newborn, quit breathing, put on pure oxygen(not ideal)
    -Stuck a frayed cord in an outlet when I was 3
    -Almost hit by a car at the age of 5
    -Fainted in the shower and almost hit my head
    -Grandmal seizure at the age of 15 and quit breathing(DNA linked seizure condition)
    -Have ran a few red lights w/o knowledge of traffic
    -Seconds from drowning in a friends pool

I like to believe that I have extreme luck or have my deceased family watching over me.

13. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started to freeze to death, I was in the beginning stages of hypothermia. This was when I was 11, my brother, his girlfriend, my uncle, and I were camping from February 12th to 14th in the Appalachian Mountains while there was still snow and ice on the ground. When we finally left, it took an hour in a hot car to get to a diner, ate for about half an hour to forty minutes, then another hour before we got home. By the time I was able to take my temperature, after nearly three hours of warming up, it was about 94.2. It was still a great time though.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I was a baby, I was taking medication for something or another, and my throat slowly began to close up. My parents took me to the hospital and they had to open my throat back up surgically. Afterwards they found out I was allergic to the Ceclor family of medicines. Right before the surgery, my dad called my doctor and told him about it, and the doctor told him to give me my medicine before surgery. My dad decided not to, and the hospital doctors later said if he had I probably would've died.

My parents probably could've sued for malpractice, but they're not the brightest bulbs in the hardware store...

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Few times. Closest was a few years back kayaking. I capsized over an eddy and got sucked under. It was amazing in hindsight. I panicked because I could not get my head above water and right at the end I stopped struggling and felt calm and ready. Luckily as my hand was coming down I brushed a log and pulled myself barely up.

I won't go into details about being crushed by the log and another and almost having my throat crushed or the frigid water and hypothermia setting in. Good times.

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Summer before college, i worked in a records warehouse.

Was operating a motorised shutter when a 6 X .25 inch iron cog fell from 15 ft and landed 2 inches in front of my feet.

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

When I was a kid,I broke through the ice while ice fishing and almost went under.

Back in 2002 I got hit by a car.If I wouldn't have jumped out of the way at the last second,I would probably be dead instead of just having some screwed up legs now.

I developed blood clots in both of my lungs,and was rushed to the hospital.The doctors said that I was very lucky to be alive.

18. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea, came close a few times, hell my friends are now calling me The Wrecker because it seems I can do is Wreck N Rule.

1st time, was back in 2003, was speeding on the interstate, didn't notice a semi had jack knifed and was across the road, I slammed on the brakes and my car went under the trailer at 90 MPH, I dropped my seat back at the last second, if I hadn't it would have ripped me in half. The engine and transmission was thrown into my lap, had it on me for close to 2 hours to the point of losing feeling from my waist down, I spent 2 months in the hospital, I came within minutes of dying with this one.

2nd time, and most recent, which some of you guys may have read about in the Radicons General Discussion, about a month back, I wrecker a moped at 50mph wearing no helmet and just a tank top and shorts. Broke my left wrist, cracked my skull around my left eye socket, dislocated my left elbow, torn my left should free from it's socket, ripped my wrist open over my main artery and I was bleeding out, ripped everything off of my left thumb at the wrist, I could see the bone and tendons. It was bad, but what saved my life was I have an advanced healing factor, nothing like Wolverine's but things that should take months to heal and should scar, literally only takes days and never scars. I was healed and back on my feet within a week.

After the moped wreck, I actually stood up and was trying to get the moped back up and started when my sister's boyfriend got back to me and literally had to knock me on my ass and hold me down, I had no idea what happened, where I was, what year it was, thought I was still married, and absolutely no idea what kind of shape I was in.

19. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The thread title is amazing.

20. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

I fell backwards onto the sharp end of a filing cabinet a few years back and nearly passed out.

Only time I was ever a ginger. XD