Did Unicron really consider sparing Cybertron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by darklordoftech, Dec 10, 2019.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

In TF:TM, he tells Galvatron that he considered sparing Cybertron. Did he really or did he just say that to punish Galvatron? I can’t see Unicron considering sparing Primus.

2. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    primus is literally non existent in sunbow.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Yes, he was without any doubt considering sparing Cybertron.

As @Fallout mentioned, Primus does not exist in the G1 cartoon continuity. The whole Unicron = chaos bringer/dark God and Primus = God of light, is the creation of Simon Furman for the Marvel (UK) run. And as such their entire conflict only exist in the Marvel comics continuity. And yes, in tthat continuity Unicron would never spare Cybertron. (He did spare Earth in an alternate timeline, giving it to Galvatron and the Decepticons -- but that would be only temporarily because his goal was to destroy everything.)

However, in the cartoon continuity Unicron is just a large robot that transforms into a planet and Cybertron is just another planet in the universe, albeit the home of the TF. Cybertron is not alive and it is not Primus, and thus no reason why Unicron would be dead set on destroying it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    He probably did. But then he changed his mind.

5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Unicron may be a bad dude in the movie, but there's really nothing to indicate he's treacherous or deceitful. He's pretty open about what he wants and what his terms are for everything. It's not like he tries to entice Megatron with a free upgrade and then go "Sike! Do my bidding!" He just straight up says, "Work for me or die."

• Like Like x 3
  6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

You know, for over 30 years now, I didn't realize what he was saying. It wasn't until was a thread this year where someone mentioned what he said in the line, that I finally understood what he was saying. Now when I hear the line, I can understand the words he's saying.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Not as much of a jerk as I could have been

Does Unicron have any reason to spare Cybertron? He doesn't need Galvatron for anything after he has the matrix and I don't think he cares about his word. I think he was just twisting the knife.