Did they fix MOvie Unicrons droopy wings?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So apparently, I was reading today, that there is a way on the later Unicron models to keep the wings from falling down.
    One of mine seems to sort of lock slightly in place when you lift it, but the other, used to but now just falls. I have the 25th anniversary edition of Unicron, is there a way to lock his wings in place somehow, or lock the planet shell pieces in place or both?
    It may say on the instructions however since I have no sight I'm not able to view them. I know there was a post about this some time back but again it used pictures. Could someone describe what is needed to keep the wings up, where the tabs etc are, if there are any please?

Thanks.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I own every version of that mold. If you look on the top of the back of the torso, you'll see where the wings are supposed to lock into. it's just a matter of fiddling with them to get them to stay in those slots.

But yeah, they are supposed to clip right in there.

Most people just remove the planet pieces on the wings (because they tend to add weight to the wings) but i leave them there, as it adds more to the overall look and feel of the figures. plus, it was the way they designed them to be. :) 

3. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ah that's good. Can you describe exaclty what i'm looking for and exactly where it would be? I have to go by feel you se so it's a bit tricky. is it enough to just lift the wing up, or is there a whole and a tab you haev to clip it into?

4. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    There's a movie Unicron? Did they change his face to look like someone shit in a blender full of scrap metal?

5. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There's an idea, will it blend: 25th anniversary UNicron!

6. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    okay Xonic here goes. :) 

Basically if you feel around the back between the shoulder pads and the Towards the top of the back near the huge horned things you'll feel a piece of plastic sticking out on each side. that is where you clip the wings onto so they can swing up or down for transformation.

Now, if you run your fingers where the wing connects to that plastic piece on the back you'll feel a tiny rectangular shaped peg on each wing right under the swivel where the planet piece connects to.

when you swing the wings upwards there is a small squars slot right by where the protruding piece of plastic is that the wings connect to.

try pegging the peg on the wings into that peg hole. it should stay.

But, again... The planet halves on the wings tend to add weight so they may not stay in place.

I really hope I helped. :) 

7. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmmm i don't tink my wings have that peg on them. Is the tiny hole you refered to almost directly above the sticky out bit where the wing hinje clips on to? where exactly should the peg be? and is it possible that the 25th anniversary one doesn't have those pegs?

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    yes, there is a rectangular peg hole on each side right above where you clip the wings on Unicron's back.

again, the rectangular peg on the wings is right below the swivel. I know it's confusing bro. But trust me, it's there on all of them including the Amazon Exclusive.

When you swing the wings up towards the top of the back, the pegs should slide right in place and help the wings stay in place so they aren't sagging.

Forgot to mention though, that you will need to move those huge mandibles out of the way or the wing won't be able to peg into the pag hole on the back.

Some folks usually just unscrew the Mandibles all together. for better screen accuracy

9. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah I can feel the whole, but definitely no peg there on that round bit which clips into the wing. I think mine was a 25th anniversary one from canada if that helps? as I understand it, those pegs have been around since the early 2003 molds haven't they? Unless i'm feeling completely the wrong part of the wing, but I don't think I am, if it's the bit nearest the hinges.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    checking my 25th aniversary Unicron now.

Holy Shit...You're right dude. they removed the pes from the mold. I'll be damned. D:

Why the hell would they do that. the pegs are vital. :( 

well, that sucks. Hmmm then maybe there isn't a way then anymore on that toy.

On all the previous Unicrons the pegs are most certainly there on the wings though.

Because while I was explaining the steps to you I was doing it on my Black Energon Unicron.

11. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I noticed that the Armada Unicron has the clips but the Energon one has nothing so you just have to kind of balance them there. I don't have the amazon repaint

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    As I said earlier.

The Black Energon Unicron has the pegs.

The Toys R Us Exclusive Classics Universe Unicron does as well.

13. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not on mine it don't, I think, I'll check again

[​IMG]
    My 3 Unicrons

[​IMG]
    Unicron 1 Armada Unicron

[​IMG]
    Unicron 2 Energon Unicron

[​IMG]
    Unicron 3 Another Energon Unicron

14. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    trust me they are there. mine are pegged as I type this. :) 

15. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So so stupid that anyone would remove the pegs. What is the classics universe unicron like? is he movie accurate colouring and head sculpt loike the 25th anniversary one was supposed to be? I now have my wings sort of balanced on the shoulders. looks ok actually, that's just how i've always done it

16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I could never get my Armada wings to stay upward and they never clicked into anything.

As for movie accurate Unicron, that is impossible unless he comes with TWO different heads.

17. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As a bit of a subject change from this very disappointing discovery, does anyone on this thread want a throne of cayoss stand for unicron? I have been speaking to the guy who made them but he can only do orders of 20 or so. They're very good for displaying him in planet mode.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Here's how to lock his wings and planet shell parts together:

[​IMG]
    See how the minicon pegs on the wings slot perfectly into the holes in the outer shell? That's what those holes are for.

[​IMG]
    Completely stable.

[​IMG]
    What it looks like from the front.

Nope. Only on Armada and Micron Legend Unicrons. I've never seen an Energon, Universe, 2010, or Amazon Unicron with them.
    The pegs aren't even for robot mode, anyways. They're to help hold the ring in place for planet mode. Without them, the ring halves can sometimes sag apart from their weight.

19. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This would mean that the mold revision was done during the Energon run, then.