Did Rescue Bots Take Inspiration Off Of TF: Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr JackatooTM, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    So, I binge watching Season 4 of Rescue Bots and for some reason, it reminded me of Transformers: Animated.
    Then I realize that Rescue Bots and Animated have quite a few similarities. I'll just list them

1.) Both stories take place in a city/island with advanced technology.
    2.) The animation/art is strikingly similar (Looks similar to me at least)
    3.) Both stories started out the same way. Both Autobot teams are in a ship, the ship malfunctions for some reason, the bots go into stasis lock before they crash and they wake up years later on Earth.
    4.) Both Autobot teams transform into law enforcement/rescue vehicles.

So what are your thoughts on it? I personally think as stated that Animated had an influence on Rescue Bots.

2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I feel the city/island is a bit of a stretch since Animated doesn't really take place on an island, and its a much bigger city than what we have on Griffin Rock.
    Art-style isn't really that similar either, its just kind of made to be cartoony, but with clearly distinct styles of "cartoony" between them. The Rescue Bots have larger heads and rounder bodies, while Animated has a MASSIVE variety of body-types in its characters.
    And as for 3) that's literally how it went down in G1, both Sunbow, and Marvel comics. Animated was referencing that in its prologue, albeit made to be a bit more acceptable (It was only for 50 years I believe while G1 was 4 million.)
    4) is the only one that seems to really match, though I think that's kind of unintentional. For animated it was a matter of ALL Autobots being kind of support vehicles with the Decepticons as Military. In the Aligned verse its what defines a "Rescue Bot" instead.

3. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    What I meant was that both took place in places (island referring to Griffin Rock and city referring to Detroit) with advanced tech. Mainly having to do with robots and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.