Did Optimus know about the Creators this whole time, or...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shark, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Probably a dumb question but I want to try and set something straight.

In the part in AoE where the Autobots and the humans rendezvous in the train yard, Optimus explains that their creators used seeds to cyberform planets. He says this as though he's always known this? I know this is after the scenes where Lockdown has him captured and talks to him about the Creators wanting him back, but I don't recall Lockdown telling Optimus about the whole Seed thing?

So does Optimus remember way back when the Creators built him? Or is this just information that all Cybertronians have always known/passed down through generations or whatever? (Wow I think I just answered my own question there. :lol  )

Thoughts?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I guess he would then.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

I have a few ideas...

One is that the Transformers had some awareness about the existence of the Quintessons from exploring various planets or Cybertronian but that they did not know very much about them.

The other option is that Lockdown simply filled Optimus in on what his employers had done in the past when Prime was his prisoner, and consequently Prime filled Hound and the others in on what what was going on after he was released.

Regardless of what the exact answer is, a few things can be concluded. One is that the Autobots and probably most Decepticons know very little about the Quintessons. The second is that it is clear the Transformers were built by the Quintessons to be a race of servants and not free beings. The latter is probably the reason for the former. I think the Transformers were originally built as non-sentient robots to toil away for the Quintessons, and only later were they given life by the Allspark. They literally would not remember much about their creators because they were for all practical purposes drones when they served the Quintessons.

• Like Like x 2
  4. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Yes...well said,lad.I think they clearly knew a little bit about the Creators but they didn't know their identity and stuff.They just knew what they did and maybe they were also linked with the legend Prime mentioned together with the Knights who were probably first to rebell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It's hard to know that much with what little we got in AOE. Before Ratchet was killed by Lockdown, he actually recognized Lockdown. There's definitely some history behind all this I hope we see soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I have a bit of a weird theory....what if the transformers were created to protect the quintessons, we already know they are a techno organic species to some degree kind of like what the supposed cybertron in the trailer looks like. What if cybertron IS the quints homeworld and they 'created' a cyber formed world complete with inhabitants (cybertronians) AROUND their world, kind of like a Dyson sphere but their existence below is just urban legend of a sort amongst the surface cybertronians. A world within a world, kind of like the hollow earth theory....and we know how they like adding conspiracy theories into their plots in these movies.

So what if Optimus learns his intervention on sentinel prime and his space bridge technology caused the destruction of the outer part of cybertron and also effectively destroyed the quints home within cybertron, so Optimus HAS to strike a deal with quints to bring their apparently manoeuvrable home world to earth so the maguffin can repower their world and fix the wrong he has caused to cybertron ....

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Didnt prime mention him and lockdown in mexico?

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I don't remember

9. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Prime tells cade that he was tracked down by lockdown in mexico city, and that he just manages to escape heavily wounded,and went into hidding until found by cade

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    The TLK will hopefully be a great history lesson.

• Like Like x 3
  11. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

this would be great material for 'in-between' movie comics & books...i wonder who was with him in mexico city or if he was alone at the time..ratchet & prime were very close in transformers 3 although it seems like ratchet wasn't in mexico city with prime because he alluded to the fact that he learned of the human's betrayal through prime's message

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Another possibility is that he learned from thru the Matrix, as while not stated in the movie, the novels for ROTF state that all information from the Allspark Sam had in his mind was passed to the Matrix when he was revived, so it could be possible that Optimus gained knownledge such as the creators from the Matrix.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, just watched AOE on FX last night. Prime also knows about the seeds, probably passed done from his predecessors.

Another question that needs to be answered in TLK, is what happened to the Matrix of Leadership. It was found by Sam in ROTF, thrust into OP's chest to revive him, stolen by the Fallen to start the solar collector/harvester. In DOTM it was used to revive Sentinel, then attempted to give to Sentinel, OP put back in his chest. In AOE, no mention of it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah lol