Did anybody else cry during this scene? Spoiler Warning

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MrJoshimusPrime, Jan 17, 2019.

1. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anybody else cry during the scene where Charlie explains her dad's death to Bumblebee? Cause I did, I saw Bumblebee 3 times now and that scene still hits me. It goes to show that when you have an amazing director like Travis Knight at the helm, good things can come out of this great film.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Not really I only felt really sorry for her. Because I could kinda predicted something would happen somewhere in the movie. Even though Steinfeld did an amazing job.

The only movies that brought me to tears were Interstellar, Paranorman and the Iron Giant.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrJoshimusPrime

News Credits:
    Agreed, Steinfeld has done an amazing job throughout this movie. She has more character development than both Shia and Mark combined, at least in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    All the emotional moments got me in the movie period!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Haven't seen it yet but can't wait to witness this scene for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Diam0ndknyt3

The Diam0ndknyt3 ROTB rocks!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It almost made me teared but I was holding it

7. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I did. I lost my father last year in a very similar way. I cried like a child.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I didn't cry.

I wept.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Dankop

Dankop Wielder of The Dark Star Saber

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Got teary eyes during my second viewing. This and the scene where Charlie gives Bee his 'new' name really got me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, I was a water factory. Honestly, by the end of the film, I could hear people sniffling and there wasn't a dry eye in the house by the time he thanked her for giving him his voice. Good grief, none of us were spared.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Well even though Charlie is a sort of a stereotype. She's not a carricature. Shia always seemed like he drank too many energy drinks and never even really cared for Bumblebee well being. And Mark Whalberg was downright mean spirited and asshole-ish

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Oh, yeah, definitely. I was shocked, too; I was hoping the movie would be better than what we'd been getting, but OMG that scene was the clincher.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Agreed-and it's telling it took 11 years or so to get that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i nearly shed a lumberjack man tear when Bee thanks her for giving him his voice and then they say goodbye ......
    ... i held it in , but it wasnt easy

• Like Like x 3
  15. MrJoshimusPrime

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that dude.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Not a dry eye in the house .

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It was pretty touching but i didn't cry at least, but it's tear worthy.

18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    She was a tomboy and self-reliant and intelligent, and just so happened to be attractive as well. How does that make her a stereotype? If anything, I'd say the only box she might fit into is misfit and even then, that's pushing it. Fully formed and fleshed out human is the better way to describe her.

Sam, I wholeheartedly agree with. I think it also didn't help that they rushed through deeper connective scenes such as Bumblebee and Sam bonding because Bay had too much of a military boner going on that he had to have soldiers on screen or he couldn't nut otherwise. Plus he was so busy spending money on travel and pretty faces with no inner monologue that he dropped the ball on rendering the title characters we went to see the movie for in the first place...

I completely disagree about Cade, however. He was kind to the Autobots in AOE, especially Optimus. He helped mend him, he took him in and wouldn't freely give him up, even with a gun to his daughter's head. It makes him a questionable father, somewhat, but certainly not an @$$hole or mean spirited. Honestly, a lot of people would do what he did when a refugee would come looking for help. Not everyone, of course, but a lot. Humanity has its downsides, but it's not all evil. He was a douchebag to Joshua Joyce because he deserved it. He was willfully desecrating bodies to make new consumer products he couldn't control because it was once life and never meant to be controlled.

In TLK, he was fed up that Grimlock was acting like a petulant child of a dog (bad writing btw) and that the boys (Autobots) were misbehaving and drawing attention, any that is, to him and his location. He was a douchebag to people because his daughter was forced away from him, the government was hunting him for doing the right thing and people lost faith in his cause. Optimus, more or less, abandoned them even if that wasn't his intention and then he turned against them. I'd be in a royally horrible mood, too, if I were him. He took the baby Dinobots in, considered them pets, really.

I honestly think you misread the man. He wasn't Superman, and he was a flawed father, but he was a good man trying to do the right thing, not only for his daughter and himself but alien warriors tossed to the side by the people who used and abused them. He was all they had and they were all he had. When you live your life one way for so long, hoping for the best, and then the truth hits you like a 2x4 upside the head and you're thrust into world-changing consequences, you might have a different attitude as well.

Honestly, all things considered, I thought he had a pretty awesome demeanor for a guy who'd been through Hell throughout his entire life. Lost his childhood to teenage pregnancy, lost his wife soon after, lost his livelihood and freedom, lost his daughter, lost his friend but kept his faith. If there's one thing I can give the Bay movies, it's that they're ultimately about faith. Not just in ourselves and each other, but something beyond us. Optimus was the physical manifestation of that, and Cade said he never lost faith in Optimus. Considering what happens to Optimus (basically the same in all iterations) they're like badly strung together and horribly misguided religious lessons. Some people figured it out after a little while, others it hit them in the head like a hammer.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not really the only reason i wouldve cry was when 77 camaro appeared after not seeing it after 12 years

20. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    =\ Wow.