Dicaprio in Spawn 2:The Spawnening

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kidnicky, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i bought into Spawn from the get-go.
    The first 20 or so issues were great.
    and then things got out of hand when Todd went to conquer Steroid-laced baseball collecting and the world.
    Curse of the Spawn was a good comic series- once again "The Todd" (gets no high five here) didn't know what to do with it artistically. but he kept piling on titles and new directions.

I bought a Zombie Spawn figure for my desk- he rocks- and the toy collecting got out of hand. and from that craptacular Manga Spawn wave that came out in bendy-plastic, his toys have been either statues or breakage in process.
    Couldn't even buy a decent Evil Dead Ash that didn't have a gimpy foot.

lastly, the movie sucked so bad Sci-Fi Channel even said "Dayum!"

really, truly, i liked the concept of spawn and wanted it to be more than a fad, but The Todd was such a douche that he killed it.

Spawn 2 is in Development Hell next to that Terry Fitzgerald as producer film called Torso.

Rest in Peace Spawn; as for Todd, have plenty of nightmares.

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recall the spawn cartoon that was kinda cool... frankly as far as Spawn goes I dunno I liked the look but I could never get into it

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't cared about Spawn since Greg Capullo stopped penciling the interiors of the main book at issue 100. At that point, the toys had become statues, the comic art got fugly, McFarlane was more into his sports thing, the first movie wasn't good enough to remain positive about all the rumors about a sequel, the HBO series was done with, etc.

Maybe Todd is thinking a new movie can reinvigorate the franchise, but eh, I just don't know. Even considering someone like DiCaprio is completely delusional though, that's for sure.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  4. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean he's actually doing artwork again? Wow, next thing you know Liefeld will learn how to draw feet.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Todd is only actively writing and inking again. The interior pencils are by Whilce Portacio. They found whatever cave he was in, apparently. With 193 Capullo is gonna do the interiors again, I may buy that. Greg far surpassed Todd in the art department. It was shaky when he first came on but once he slipped into his own style, he gradually became the Spawn artist, and even Todd will tell you that.

Liefeld and feet. Bah!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  6. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I was in a shop in like,2000-2001,and this guy walked in and tried to sell them a full set of-I swear to god-Topps Desert Storm trading cards. Of course the clerk says sorry,I don't need those,and the guy became IRATE! It was so funny,I'm pretty sure he thought he was about to put his kids through college with that sale.
    Too bad he didn't have any Spawn Pogs. Excuse me,"Spogs".

7. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Its funny you meantion that because someone brought in their pog collection, not to sell, just to leave at the shop because they didn't want them. We all had about 10 minutes of fun playing with them, and it was over.

I think I have some of those desert storm cards, I also have:

Marvel Universe Series Four cards: Probaby the best of the marvel cards, has Jim Lee, Ron Lim, and others. I also have the Spider-man vs. Venom hologram card that I actually got out of the package no less, I was king of the world.

Marvel Masterpieces series two. I thought series 1 and 2 were pretty good, now I think it would be better to have that in a coffee table book. Series 3 just sucked. I hate the Hildebrant brothers artwork. HATE!

Fleer Ultra Spider-man Cards: I'm sure there were others, but this set was completely done by Mark Bagley. I could care less if these cards are worthless because Bagley is the only person who should be allowed to draw spiderman and this was a complete set of nothing but Bagley. They are pretty to look at.

Overpower Cards: Yeah, I still have these, I have nothing more to say.

Marvel Flair: When I look back at those cards I get pissed because they were so damn expensive at the time and they were nothing new, just regurgitated artwork.

8. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I don't know about any kind of coffee table-type hardback,but there were some magazine sized collections of the Marvel Masterpiece art.

9. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Cards being worthless, now there's a big surprise. I have Star Wars TCG Cards from back before they changed all the rules and stuff.

I also have a bunch of Digimon Digi-Battle Card Game cards.

The entire first series of Jurassic Park trading cards. (I believe they are from the black packaging as I never finished the red packaging. Although I am missing the holo-foil cards. Actually I wonder how hard it'd e to find any of those cards still available???)

McD's Hockey cards aren't worth shit, but we collected them like crazy back in the day 1992/93 up to 99 or so.

As far as pogs go, I have a few Star Wars ones, almost the entire collection of Simpsons ones (for some reason Homer and one of the other pogs dissapeared.) some freebie Nintendo Power ones, some Snoopy ones and the Jurassic Park series. Although I am missing huge amounts of them.

Yeah, that's the problem with fads, they make it seem to be the coolest thing since sliced bread when they first come out and then in the end you're left with worthless piles of shitake mushrooms.
    I foresee a great many children who will be left holding the bag with some things come the time they reach our age.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will the kids be regretting buying those Wiz Kids collectible figure games?
    attactix and so on?

i must admit, poverty does have one thing that makes me appreciate it.
    i bought about 4 decks of Magic: The Gathering cards back when it hit, and i sold em right away because i could not afford to keep up with the frenzy.

My best friend has the complete original Vampire: the masquerade CCG set that came out. boy he feels dumb about it.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the entire Spawn run and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Sure it's had it's ups and downs but what run of almost 200 books hasn't? With Todd changing up the creative team three times in the last six months, I wouldn't be surprised if Capullo or McFarlane or both come back to pencilling full time.

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I've got the entire series 1 of that around here somewhere. Never bothered with anything after that. Can't say I'm too surprised about cards being worthless now.

13. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Shyeh, been a while. I heard there was a reboot or loose sequel in the wings.
    I've completely lost interest and everytime I chuck the DVD in I get so annoyed with clown that I turn it off so I'm not thrilled about a next one.
    DiCaprio is just another reason to be less excited about it.