Diamond Comics Shipping list for July 23rd

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

JOE VS TF FINALLYYYY

3. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

I like the Windblade covers done by Stone better.

4. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree, and so far I've managed to get the first 3 issues with the Stone cover art. I'm assuming that my comic shop will be putting a copy of the non-sub cover in my folder next week, but if not I may have to ask them to reorder a proper cover. (I'm apparently the only TF comic reader who frequents this comic shop. :( )

5. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

Windblade AND Transformers vs GI Joe on my birthday, AND the news that the first issue's already sold out and is due for a reprinting?

awwww yesss

6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Now, we shall see this mystery solved. And I can finally get rid of Regeneration One 100 page spectacular.

7. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In terms of issues selling out/getting reprinted, does this often happen at this stage, as opposed to x weeks after it's been released? Either way, a pretty great sign for those of us hoping the series will last.

8. MegaRoadbuster

MegaRoadbuster Well-Known Member

Finally some TF Vs GI JOE.

Great news on it being sold out already. The comic book crowd usually jumps at anything wierd and fun like this. So it's nice to see that the comic is reaching a wider audience.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Oh cool, Joe vs TF is out this week

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still don't get why anyone would like this new GI Joe crossover. Yes, I get it, the joke is that it's all drawn and written in Kirby style (who never wrote any of these franchises), and... that's it. That's the joke. But it wore thin already by issues #0, and I got frustrated with having to read BB and Starscream retell their own origin story and the whole history of the war in awkward, 60ies style comic book speech.

11. MegaRoadbuster

MegaRoadbuster Well-Known Member

Why is it a joke?

I can tell you with certainty that it isn't a joke. It's the full intention of the creator. Make no mistake, this is a serious TF vs GI JOE comic done in a 60's Kirby style. Why this is an issue, I will never know. However, it does make crystal clear, even on the IDW forums, that just because you see lots of people read franchise comics, it doesn't make them necessarily lovers of the medium. You bring up that Kirby never wrote either franchise like that's supposed to be of some signifigance. Why?

John Barber wanted something different for a TF vs GI JOE series. Something not tied to any known continuity. Tom Scioli is known for his Kirby esc. art, story, and writing style. In other words, John Barber got what he wanted, and then some.

I see nothing wrong with a franchise comic done in a unique art and story style that harks back to 60/80's. Hell way it looks, Scioli does it better than Furman did with RG1.

Scioli wants this to be his NEW GODS. Man's got a lot of ambitions for this comic. I hope they succeed. They may fail. Still I want to see where he takes it. I love what I'm seeing.

In any case a first issue sell out already, bold very well in terms of interest. It probably also means that the comic has reached the more comic book friendly buyers, as opposed to the fans. Which if true, bolds even better, since you have new readers who may have never read anything franchise related, or know very little about anything TF or GI JOE. Which I think is cool for them, since they get to experience a cool sy-fy comic with army man and giant robots like it's something completely new.

12. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    This. I read it only until the end, because I can't just stop reading something, that I started. But I really felt the urge to just leave it all the time. The first comic was ok, but the second really sucked. Even Re-Generation One's early comics were much better (while the last issues of RG1 were actually good).

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MegaRoadbuster, succinctly and successfully said!

This isn't for everyone, and the TF fandom typically regards things which are REALLY different than what they're used to with distrust/disinterest... but this is creating a lot of buzz in wider comic circles, which can only be good for other TF comics (new fans might want to check them out...) and the franchise as a whole.

Meanwhile, those of us who enjoy this, can do so

Win/Win for everyone!

(Though I'd kill for a TF-only comic in this style; GI Joe has never done much for me).

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this forum had a "like" button, I would be clicking it SO HARD.

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Considering the quality of previous GI Joe/Transformers crossovers, I don't see any problem with the book IDW is making