Diaclones or Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Aug 24, 2010.

1. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

2. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

^ It is also... Takara's "attempt" to ensure its survival even after Takara signed a deal with Hasbro to rebrand both Diaclone and Microchange as Transformers in american market (which few months later. Takara decided to "import" the Transformers brands and marketed them in Japan. this decision is to ensure that Takara still secure rights over one's own molds and no competitors shall seize its mold should TF brand landed on Japan in the future)
    at then. Takara still be in risky state (new entry risks). at that time. Takara must secure its profit on its own right (once it found out that Hasbro IGNORES several Diaclones/Microchanges products).
    the storyline has to be twisted a little. This time Takara implied that "Diakrons" are alien races. (Diakron commanders go on secret missions to protect their civilization against enemies).
    It was VERY easy to coin that name. since this name is an alternate romanization of ダイアクロン
    i believe that Takara did manufacture Diakron in the US. and after the brand Diakron was cancelled (when Takara got Transformers brand license). the manufacturing site was forgotten or maybe... Coleco claimed that sites and got molds for Diaclone pilots

just my 2c meow~

EDIT:
    I'm not sure if Spike and Sparkplug has ever been made as "Diaclone figures"... i.e. Does this toy ever have any official release?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No those were made by ImpossibleToys. Neat little figures, I got them when they went on clearance. I don't dare take their tiny wrenches out of the package though.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah but to be fair to diaclone...IF transformers had been released (take diaclone out of the equation)...say transformers hit american markets in the 80's...with no marketing, no story like meaning no cartoon...they probably would have suffered the same fate as diaclone....over half of what made the g1 series toys what they were was the story line via the cartoon series....for me anyway.

I always as a kid loved to watch the cartoon in the afternoon and then spend the time playing with my transformers recreating battles or scenes that played out in the show.