Diaclone Train Robo ad: Storyline behind it

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Lone Cat, May 5, 2010.

1. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~

Yet another pre-TF discussion. not about the toy itself but about the ad....

YouTube - Diaclone: "Train Robo" (version 1)
    ^ Diaclone Train Robo advertisement. version 1... features what that appears to be train test. (Seiko clock featured!). with Mt. Fuji at the background ... a low speed EF-65 electric loco hauls Northeastern sleeper "Blue Train" (... this one is not the robot in disguse :p  .don't confuse this with G1 Getsuei which based on the same locomotive), few seconds later. the faster Shinkansen (G1 Shohki) passed the slow train. the shinkansen then brakes. transforms (Train Change!) and then thrust through the air with the same speed on rail.
    a moment later. the old wooden (?) bridge cracks! the robot shinkansen flew to the bridge and then save the day

It appears that the time features in the ad is Dawn.

YouTube - Diaclone: "Train Robo" (version 2)
    ^ 2nd Ad. almost the same but this time features every member of the team headed for a trainyard (somewhere in Tokyo i guess). and then demonstrates combinations

Both ad uses the same music (which feels more very like 80s era Biz shows or something.... i wonder if this song has a name). both ads are 30-second versions (which i believe it is rare today) and both are made with Kurosawa practices.

- What is the real storyline behind this ad? (Diaclone organization was established to fight alien threat known as Warudars) is the clock a component of a time bomb planted on the bridge?
    - what's the name of the bridge? or does the bridge exists? remember that Mt. Fuji is featured in both ads. the bridge is meant to cross the ravine (and houses a "regular" tracks not Shinkansen one). and it must be located on a higher ground than Shinkansen ones. Any members (especially a Japanese or those who had been somewhere near Tokyo and Mt. Fuji) please help me
    and i'd appreciate if its location was shown via Google-Earth meow~

Onegai~

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll check the YouTubes when I get home. They're blocked @work. :( 

3. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah and I have to wait for blueapple.mobi to upload the thin twice to see it on my phone. But I am glad you have posted these they sound sweet! I will watch these tonight!

4. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    those are awesome!
    I doubt that is a real bridge from the 80s I would bet a lot of the wooden ones were replaced by the 80s.

somehow this oddly reminds me of back to the future 3.

5. Lone Cat

For Japan being a rich country. replacing its own bridge to steel version is feasible... This bridge is actually metal ones but the crew choose "a cracked wood" sound effect instead. that's why i said a wooden bridge with question marks behind it.

How weird Studio is?

yet... do you believe that the bridge is existed? is there any bridge near Tokyo that has the height as described in the video?

meow~

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Speaking of which, I soooo need to find a Raiden/ Trainrobo giftset :cry 

7. Lone Cat

I am speaking to the Ad itself sir.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The scenes where the trains themselves are rolling along, (on what appears to approx. N gauge track,) look like they were done in stop motion. I say this mostly because the trains stop and then combine...the roll-up scenes look like they were stop motioned too.

Or maybe somebody just rolled the trains down the track on a downward incline. Fuck, I dunno. :lol 

9. Lone Cat

The whole ad was made by Kurosawa technique (Stop motion + String motion :p ), along with the finalizations using 80s computer of that time., i think...

But the trains shown before the transformations are NOT the toy itself, i believe all are model trains (and i guess that Takara has "Hobby" divisions to produce this). I don't think that the studio just rolled the trains.

Not sure that the studio accurately make the Mt. Fuji scenery. the only fact I know is. the scenic picture of Fujisan with pursuing Shinkansen exists. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Mountfujijapan.jpg

But what about the bridge crossing the valley? (or what appears to be ravine)

... then again.... This advertisement (1st version) inspires the settings of the TF:RID Episode "Bullet Train to the Rescue". where Team Shinkansen must save the linear RFG train before it falls to Predacon trap.
    Bullet Train to the Rescue - Transformers Wiki

Doesn't it?

10. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love these vintage commercials! Blast from the past! Ouch, is vintage a bad word?