Non-TF: Diaclone-Scale GI Joe Figures

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mwm, Feb 10, 2018.

1. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

So I'm really getting into the new Diaclone line and like how the figures and power suits look with Legends scale figures. However, there's no variety in the looks of the figures and they can get pricey to buy and customize. So I've decided to make my own:
    I found a "Soldier" model on Thingiverse and downloaded it to use as the base. I didn't want static-posed figures like 'little green army men'; I wanted figures I could pose. I did a test by giving the figure shoulder articulation and printing it out at low resolution:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For reference, here is a pic of the figure with a Mega Blok figure to show size:
    [​IMG]

After I was content with knowing that the articulation would work, I added elbows, hips, and knees (again printed at low resolution for speed so I could test the fit and mechanics):
    [​IMG]

Here he is painted up and showing the articulation:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to do more cleanup work and print the final product in a higher resolution, as well as come up with some other body types for various figures, so I can add a variety of GI Joe and Cobra characters to my Legends display.

Please, let me know what you think!

CxXpxps.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. MinerEdgar

MinerEdgar Well-Known Member

A nice proof of concept! Say, does it fit an MP Seeker? Looks about in the same scale.

3. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought about that, but it should be close. I'll see if I can dig a Seeker it this week and test it.

4. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

I'll try to get out an MP Seeker tomorrow to try him in. For now, I've printed him a SNAKE robot to hang out with.

[​IMG]

I modified a model by Jabberwock on Thingiverse to make the arms movable and the arm attachments swappable:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

AWESOME!