"Diaclone" G1 Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by skywarprime, Mar 18, 2008.

1. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I "think" i know which one you were talking about, those looks really cool(But sadly more life like than g1 prime :p )

You know what's interesting? My light blue prime comes with a Starriors pilot figure. No wonder Greg have to do a explaination for that on his page

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I got a reply:
    We'll see if he changes it. If not, I'll remind him to do so and see what he says...

3. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must be fair in that Shaw is normally a really good guy to deal with, he will fix any problems you have and is efficient with postage and giving you a tracking number, sometimes it goes wrong but with the amount he sells its bound to.

4. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

I bought a supposedly sealed constructicon off of him almost three years ago and it was resealed. He gave me a bunch of BS and never gave me a refund.I suspect he may have other ebay names too as I have seen auctions with a similiar layout font color as his. With all the selling of TF's alot of these guys do they damn well know what they are selling, and if the description is inaccurate then it's because they are attempting to mislead you. I'm not gonna troll ebay and start a thread about every BS auction or I'd be here for years. How ever I think sellers who do a lot of deals with the TF community should be put under scrutiny for their business practices.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He hasn't changed the title. HOW dodgy is that.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Odd. I could understand trying to claim something as diaclone to increase the price if the piece is ambiguous in it's origin (as far as you can tell from the pictures), but this has a great big Autobot symbol on it.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah I've boughten a 'sealed' item off him that was resealed too. It was a Twin Twist for $40 and the bubble was still factory sealed so I didn't bother pursuing it but man am I sick of these sketchy TF dealers on ebay, who all seem to have multiple IDs...grumble.

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

That grimlock is also possible just a old KO, it's impossible to tell from the picture, but the KO one doesn't have the takara stamp, so it's very easy for seller to tell those two part.

Many sellers has been selling the KO one as "diaclone" grimlock, and sadly many newbies falls for it.

Edit: Lol, just found one, this is exactly what I'm talking about:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-Transformers-Dinobot-GRIMLOCK-Diaclone-VARIANT-1984_W0QQitemZ180223614027QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    One of the cooler variant KOs, does look quite nice though. But definitely not a diaclone.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Since he still hasn't changed the details I've just sent him a message asking if he intends to.

10. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah well! he's proved me wrong, now here I sit shitting it about the item I bought from him 14 days ago that i'm still waiting on, ah well cest la vie I'm sure it will turn out good in the end

11. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Well, I just found this thread, and here's the current listing title (Not that it matters a whole lot; the auction's over and nobody bought it):

Even if he originally had it listed otherwise, the "Pre" means it was still inaccurate through the end of the auction.