Diablo 3, The sounds of endless clicking

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm really glad they're doing this. I can barely remember what it's like to play Diablo so the beta will be a good way to decide if I care about playing 3.

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Click click click click click click click click click click click click click.

Also, they wanted a stress test, they got it. As soon as it started B.Net went down for maintenance.

3. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Well my mouse, the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer(silver 5 buttons) has lasted since before Diablo 2, I wonder how much longer it will go one now that this will be releasing. Thing is a freaking beast.

But honestly, so much sleep and other stuff will be neglected by me when I get home for the sake of firing this up.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Never played Diablo before, so I figured that the beta was a good chance to see what it was all about. I'm really enjoying it so far too, very fun game. Not sure if I'll buy it when it comes out, will need to play a bit more to determine that.

5. Orodruin

News Credits:
    I played through the beta on a wizard last night. It's Diablo all right, with better graphics. There's some crafting now that's neat, town portal is super convenient (no scrolls or crap), and good quest structure.

I'm not sure if I'll buy it though. It just doesn't seem like the most engaging game play to me right now.

6. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have the Collector's Edition on preorder. I can't pass up any Blizzard stuff that comes in big collector boxes :D 

7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    game is really fun. been playing the beta with some buds for the past few hours, got to try a few different chars. I really enjoy dungeon crawlers like this, titans quest, etc. so I might end up getting it next month (if it does come out then).

8. Darkfall

Darkfall Savior of Shadows

This question will probably sound insane. But to any who has tried the beta, do you know if there is a way to play without a mouse? I currently play wow, so I'll get Diablo 3 for free when it launches, but I have wow configured to play without using the mouse and would prefer to set up diablo 3 the same way. Not that I don't have a mouse and won't play it at all if it isn't possible, but it just makes it that much less likely I'd enjoy it.

9. Orodruin

News Credits:
    That does sound insane. You could play D3 with only the mouse, so here's what you do- get two monitors, and rig the input from the mouse to go to D3 while the keyboard goes to WoW, and play both at once.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I should finally get into this series. Haven't touched a Blizzard game since Warcraft III.

11. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    After playing through the beta a few times I'm not a fan of how much they've simplified the gameplay - no skill or attribute points just the same skills awarded at the same point in every game, and as far as I can tell the skills are totally reliant on weapon damage as they don't have any listed of their own(*edit* you have to enable 'enhanced tooltips' in options to see skill damage). The game may be well polished but it feels like it's lost something from the previous ones.

*edit* so your weapons for most characters vanish when you use a skill so a monk will still punch and kick the same even if you give them a sword and shield....*sigh*

12. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man this beta was plagued with bugs, terrible bugs. First the patcher locking up at 60%and none of the suggested "fixes" worked. So I ended up cheating, downloading the europe version of the game, which installed just fine. However, I did find a nasty bug at least on my end. First off, choosing to play the wizard completely crashes the game, doesn't even load the character model. The second bug I found was te game would crash anytime I came across a creature with teleport capabilites. If it would teleport, crash.

Outside of that, the bit I got to play has me very happy I have a CE on preorder.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although, if you've been following the pre-release info, none of that should have come as a surprise. They removed the min-maxing aspects because it's a stupid, unnecessary burden on new players to have other people tell them "you're stupid, you just wasted your character because you put one point in strength". Plus it makes gear modifiers more exciting, when that +5 strength actually means something, instead of you scoffing "oh yeah, 5 more strength when I already have 200 means so much".

And they've addressed that too. Trying to make the animations work with every single combination of hand-held armament would've taken a ridiculous amount of time. Not as bad as a sprite-based game, where they would've had to animate each and every single bit of that by hand, mind you, but in 3D, there's still the issue in which certain gestures look good with certain weapon configurations, but then result in clipping issues or just looking plain silly with others, so they'd have to come up with unique animations for different equipment sets and... yeah, not gonna bother. There were far more important things to deal with.

14. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

This game looks great. Went through a small portion of the Beta this weekend, but I didn't want to spoil too much.

I get it for free with my yearly WoW sub, but I'm really looking forward to 5/15.

15. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i got the regular edition for free when i did the WoW Annual Pass but i still want to get the CE...hopefully it'll be like WoW: Cataclysm and im able to pre-order it at Best Buy still (2 weeks before launch). Didnt realized its almost time :-(

16. salmonman78

Have had the CE on order since they announced it and cannot wait to pick it up. Sadly though was just told I would be working extra on that day :( 

17. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I fucked up and now have no preorder for the CE. Any idea where I might get one at? So far GameStop, Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon seem to be sold out.

18. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
  19. salmonman78

LOL! So glad, I was getting worried how long it would take me after the game hits IN A WEEK to level, glad this guy has it all figured out for us.

But seriously, can't wait to roll my D.Hunter and Witch Doctor. Going to be a badass summer.

20. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG why does it have to be a week before my copy is estimated to arrive. Ugh, may 17th can't come soon enough. I wasn't excited about this game at all. Not one bit. Then I played beta, and regardless the ugly bugs I had.....I freaking loved it.