Devil May Cry 4 coming to X-Box 360 and PC

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Deathx360, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

2. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... It's coming to XBox 360 and PC... anything else you wanna know?

Personally, if it goes multiplatform, all the better... Why should they be left out?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped caring about DMC when Kratos came into the picture. A little prick maybe, but hardly a sting anymore. Same style of gameplay, but DMC became stale after the second one (3 being only a bit better). GOW has thrown a lot of new twists into the genre.

Still though, I agree with the guy who said exclusives should go the way of the dinobots. I like first party exclusives, but it's annoying when a good 3rd party game misses your system. I usually end up buying all the systems for that reason. But for me the original Xbox should have been dubbed the FPS box, and those types of games have never been interesting to me, so I'm waiting for Mass Effect before I get a 360, because as of now, and with oblivion on PS3, I have as little reason to own a 360 as most people say they have to own a PS3. Resistance is awsome, but I'd rather play Motorstorm, and the upcoming Heavenly Sword.

4. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I don't read posts on game sites much anymore because of the rampant fanboyism and their idiotic logic but from your post I get the picture.

I don't think people should flip out about a game going multi-platform unless it spells the end of that system, DMC4 will not. Now I can see a person flipping out if a game is exclusive (somewhat), becomes exclusive to another system after you just bought the other system to play that game, or if the version of the game you bought for your system was nowhere near as good as the other even though they should be the same. Right now it is just the nature of the business that fewer games will be exclusive because of costs and gamers who are complaining about it now need to learn to deal with it or see fewer games.

The 360 and PS3 will basically have a lot of the same games but only a few exclusives this time around with the Wii having a lot more exclusives because of technical limitations. I think a lot more will become clear to us by this time next year when we will have a better idea of where the industry is heading.

5. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

It's less the idea that DMC specifically is going to the 360 that is upsetting fanboys so much as the idea that DMC is ALSO going to the 360. While rational people can see that the total number of consoles sold in the new generation will be about 10 times what it present is, and thus the console war is still anybody's game. Fanboys are like pre-04 Red Sox fans, ready to slit their wrists because they're behind in the top of the 1st inning.

It is not great news that the PS3 is losing exclusive games, but all that means is that they have to rely more on the strength of their console and service. Fortunately, their competition is Microsoft, which gives them a chance.

Now, if FF7 or MGS4 go to the 360 - especially same day and date - they'll have more reason to bitch. If any of the PS3 versions get canned completely, or MS buys Take Two, then... then they can start to really worry.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, i'm not a big fan of exclusive...nor a big fan of a exclusive which then goes to another system with added items...

and you have to remember, this is Capcom.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Not trying to argue, but I don’t agree. (Hmm… that’s the definition of an argument, isn’t it?)
    I bought the Playstation One at launch. I bought the Playstation Two at launch.
    Thus far, Sony has not attracted my purchase dollars for the Playstation 3.

Both systems have a lot of the same games. I already have the 360 so do I buy a Playstation 3 for the same games?

Are Sony’s exclusives strong enough for me to warrant a purchase? So far they are not.
    With the last generation, Sony ruled the roost with exclusives.
    As of yet, they can’t seem to get their act together in that regard with the PS3.

Yet the 360 has Dead or Alive, Crackdown, Gears of War, Dead Rising, the excellent Lost Planet and others in its exclusive fold.
    While Sony claimed that true next gen gaming arrived with the Playstation 3, my 360 was giving me great games already and it appears it will continue to do so.
    Two 360 exclusives that are on the horizon that have me excited are Halo 3 and Mass Effect. I don’t see anything on the Sony side that comes close to those two.

So, that left a few games that had me still keeping my eye on the Playstation 3: Devil May Cry, Metal Gear, and (to a lesser extent Final Fantasy).
    Devil May Cry is now coming out for the 360. Metal Gear is being delayed to give the user base a chance to grow so Konami can recoup the production costs.
    That, to me, is a thinly veiled statement that it is being coded for the 360. We’ll see. Virtua Fighter and Devil May Cry were supposedly not going to the 360 either.

The Playstation Home concept seems really cool, but it still seems like Sony is playing catch up to Xbox Live.
    Without every PS3 having a headset, how can I invite people to my “home” and talk with them?

Recently, PSM magazine has had huge spreads on the new Playstation 3 hotness.
    Oblivion –great game but I have had it for a year on my 360.
    Virtua Fighter 5 –but it’s also out for 360.
    Saints’ Row –been out for a year on 360
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma –looks awesome, really does, but I played that game over two years ago on my original Xbox.
    So, to me, the new Playstation 3 hotness is not very hot.

I’m not bashing Sony, and I am not trying to bash anyone who has a Playstation 3.
    I am just offering my views of why Sony has not compelled me to want to purchase one.
    Devil May Cry was compelling, but it’s out of the hardware purchase equation now.
    Capcom will still get my dollars. Sony will not.

Finally, I realize the Wii is less powerful than Sony and Microsoft’s offerings but I don’t think their exclusives are because of “technical limitations”.
    Rather, I think they are exclusive because they take advantage of the Wii’s unique gameplay device.

8. Mister D

Technically that's a disagreement. An argument requires a bit more energy.

I'd say you are both right, depending on your POV.

Deathx360 accurately describes the general state of the Console War. While the 360 is leading at the moment, it's lead is not insurmountable, so most developers are hesitant to invest in games that will be exclusive to a console that could collapse by the time it's released. So, unless they've been paid a bucket of cash, everyone hedges their bets and develops for both the 360 and PS3 until they see which comes out on top.

You, on the other hand, present a more subjective perspective - a convincing case as to why you won't be getting a PS3. I happen to think that, for the moment, it reflects the current POV of many PS2 fans, but it's premature to say whether this is a widespread or permanant condition.

9. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

One of the things that has the potential to change all of this is their other exclusives.

LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank, White Knight, Motorstorm, Lair, and Heavenly Sword.

When the next Ratchet and Clank game hits, you can expect to see a huge surge in PS3 sales.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    White Knight looks very good. I had forgotten about that one.
    When I first saw the TGS video I was like "Now why isn't Sony hyping this?"

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Wait, people like Ratchet and Clank that much?

12. Mister D

Not in my experience.

I think it's a game people like to buy if they own a console, but I've not seen evidence (yet) that it is a killer app like GTA, Halo, Zelda, and Final Fantasy.

Of course, by the time it came out last generation, the PS2 was already kicking ass, so it may just be that it hasn't had the chance to show how big a fan base it has, but until that time, color me skeptical.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I'm the same colour.

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if Dante will be playable at all?
    I am all for having new characters, but I can’t see a Devil May Cry game without Dante.

Also, if Nero is not Dante, then why give him white hair and a red trench coat just like Dante?

15. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

It is a big franchise, and I expect it to move a good deal of PS3s, percentage wise at least.

16. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I admit Ratchet and Clank is no "killer" app, hell... it's a great series... I'd recommend it...

And it has David Kaye as Clank... what's not to love?

17. Mister D

According to everything I've read it is, but I'm not buying a PS3 for it.

18. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, agreed. i still have twinges when i recall completing the first mission on metal gear solid 2.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I am really worried Dante won't be playable at all.
    The title seems to have Nero's outline next to it. (He has something of a gauntlet on it.) Plus, a lot of Nero's moves and physical characteristics are markedly similar to Dante. Honestly, I had no idea he was not Dante in the trailer until it zoomed in and said "new hero".

At least Nero doesn't appear to be the girly man that Raiden was.

20. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

so, nero has taken dantes form? i need to research.