Devastator help...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by entITy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. entITy

entITy G 1

Ok I will try to make another thread and hope trolls don't ruin it.

I might buy the new knock off green devasator for $30. Why, well it looks near original (once I add my g1 stickers) and I think it would make a good display. But are him and constructions exact g1 size?

Why does everyone call the yellow g2 devasator a knock off, if was legit yes?. So g2 version worth nothing like new green k.o. version?

I sadly see people on ebay selling green k.o. as a "g1" figure, it's hard to tell difference, can anyone help. If I can find a REAL g1 devasator for $50, not $80 out of box ppff I'd get him, but if not I will just get new k.o. green version as it's very cheap.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Which KO? The HQ KO is almost indistinguishable from the original (every KO has a tell though) the LQ KO is utter garbage. Then there is everything in between. I've never seen anyone call g2 devy a KO. That's a new one on me. 30 dollars sounds like a LQ KO. HQ KO's run 70 to 100 bucks.

This post might be better put in the third party area for more info.

3. entITy

entITy G 1

4. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first link is the crappy big lots knock off. more then 15 dollars and your being ripped off. Redstarrobot on ebay has them once in a while for a decent price.

The second pic the yellow ones are the same type but a different color. They are the knock offs.

Crappy devy KOs barely fit for displaying but nice enough for paint practice or customizing.

5. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

You can look in the junkion forum.
    I got a mint devastator with all the weapons and pieces off a board member for $35.
    Was a few years ago but devy was high then,He did come down alot since then.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. entITy

entITy G 1

Ok thank you guys. I have to admit the green ko look exactly like real ones to me...how can you tell difference if I didn't post link to it? Like if they were next to each other in pics, ko are lighter?

If I find a good real g1 devastator from a member here for under $80, is there a place that remakes g1 boxes?

I need a box for that and my fort max, which old banged up ripped boxes alone costs $100-$400 on craiglist.

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
  8. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The HQ (high quality) KOs come with reproduction boxes that are similar to the originals. Barring that you can commission a box maker on these boards or make one yourself with tutorials found in the creative section of the boards.

Fortress Maximus would be hard to find a remake of but I'm guessng you can buy a cardboard box with the same measurements and glue the replicated paper onto it (IF the original box was corrugated cardboard which I assume it is).

9. entITy

entITy G 1

Thank you guys great info.

Let us say the g1 devastator with box is WORTH $100-$200, than the reissue is only worth $50 ?

10. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Why would you want to put a cheap knockoff in an official box in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  11. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Don't bother with the KO's. You'll be paying a more for the Encore reissue, but it's official TakaraTomy product.

EDIT: Woops. Mistook you for another new member that's in the Seattle area. You both have user names that start with E. LOL

12. entITy

entITy G 1

"If I find a good real g1 devastator from a member here for under $80, is there a place that remakes g1 boxes?"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012