Devastator Combiner Confirmed for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, didn't the artist originally post that concept work here as a kind of fan-art, and then Bay himself said something like "maybe for TF 3"? That was relatively late in the game for development purposes, if I recall correctly. Either Bay pulled some strings to add this into the development of the film at the last minute, or this is some misinformation. Or else it wasn't really just fan art this whole time, and they were testing us out when they "leaked" it a while back.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sounds great. Can't wait to see this on the big screen. I imagine the Long Haul design will probably have some changes done to it by the time it reaches the big screen considering how long it's been around though.

Another thing, if the mods say it's legit than it's more than likely legit. They've got people that they know who... well... know. And, if you look back, just about all of the leeks from the last movie were, you know, proved correct even though we were told by the guys in charge that they weren't. Sure there were some differences, but that's what happens when you read early scripts and look at early stage production models and artwork.

Man is Devastator going to be freakin' huge... I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

3. TheMinttu

TheMinttu Toaster

I probably should be wetting myself out of excitement, but thinking of Devastator as a Bay-gestalt... I don't see it. Same thing with the idea of Arcee being a combiner. If all the vehicles for Devastator would be as big as Long Haul in that pic, then DAMN, that'd be one enormous, imbalanced robot. On the top of that, it was compared to a gorilla, and that's just ridiculous. A lot needs to be thought and done to make that work. I'm staying skeptical.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the individual seven won't get much characterization, but as a gestalt? Dude, they'll be freaking GODZILLA. The Autobots are NOT going to be able to take him down easily.

5. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Holy. Balls.

Might be cool. But I have a feeling we'll hear "Voltron" and "Power Rangers" more often than not.

6. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    And then the Fallen shows up and downs him in 10 seconds, establishing how much of a badass the Fallen is.

Oh, and the Fallen is on fire when he does this, naturally.

7. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, this thread is starting to make TF2 sound more and more like that leaked treatment we got a while back, the one marked 7 Oct 2007.

8. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    Fffffff yea

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I dunno... Devastator is a pretty iconic part of G1. He was in season 1 after all.

But hey - who cares if we hear that? We already might hear "Terminator 3" with this Alice character.

10. alien

alien Command

Hell yeah!! but they said seven bots? Green, yellow and red? some more looks like Gorilla? i really wonder how does Devastator looks like...?

11. Ultra Magnets

Ultra Magnets Member

Does nobody think that "Long Haul" looks almost dead on like Brawl (Devastator) from the first film? This coupled with "Barricade" R8 we saw yesterday has got me thinking there is going to be alot of reformatted Transformers running around

12. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

holy hell!!

that looks awesome, if he has upper body strength like a gorilla like it says then watchin him move on his own should be pretty sweet looking!! and then when they all group together..... man down!

13. PowerConvoy

PowerConvoy TFW2005 Supporter

Dude this news is :bay 

I can't wait to see this monstrosity!

14. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Holy S***!! What do you mean Hasbro has there work cut for them, the Autobots have their work cut out for them in this movie. One big Robot!

15. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Well I wasnt going to buy any movie 2 toys just like I didnt buy movie 1 toys but the corvettes robot mode rocks and now this man they are killing my wallet.

Seriously though I really hope that they are willing to give the fan service of having the first thing he says after combining be "Prepare for Extermination" hell I dont care if its his only line he needs to say it.

16. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Oh my friggin god!!! I have so got to get this friggin monster when it comes out!!!!! I also have get rid of my universe devastator, crap.

17. S250

S250 BEASTBOX

News Credits:
    It's hard to believe they put SEVEN construction vechiles in one line.I mean,look TF1,Decepticons got 1 policecar,1 military car,1 scorpion,1 boombox,1 tank,1 gunship,2 jets,they fit for different people.But in TF2 Decepticons will get 7 construction vechiles?I think it's too much,since Movie line a lesser characters line.

18. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seven of them?
    The sheer size of him combined will be insane.
    Thats alot of expensive CGI for 7 robots who probably won't say or do much other than combine into one big one.

Interesting...

19. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Sorry if this has been mentioned here before, but I'm on dial up and the posts are coming faster than I can read them!:lolol 

First off, I love the Long Haul design. The arms remind me a lot of the deluxe Bonecrusher figure.

Secondly, SEVEN constructicons? I wonder if they're going to pull a Seacon thing, where one of them transforms into a gun for Devastator to use?

20. a fan like you

a fan like you Well-Known Member

Sweet!

But...if Bonecrusher got killed in the first movie, who's ganna be the the sixth and seventh Constructicons? And what are they ganna name Devastator if they gave his name to Brawl?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.