Detolf problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I got two more Detolfs last night (I already had eight) and thought I should share a word of caution in case anyone else was planning to get more.

First of all: The newer ones don't have the same holes in the top for lighting. This isn't a big deal for me since I done use any lighting, but it's worth noting. The holes are now very small and closer to the back than to the middle.

More importantly: The metal frames are now painted a different color gray. This wouldn't be a big deal except that the paint chokes the threads where you're supposed to screw on the little end bits. Thus, I can't get them to screw in properly. I'm going to see what I can do to remove some of this paint, but I thought I'd let people know that there is indeed a problem.

Has anyone else encountered—and solved—this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Mods: If this needs to be in the Detolf thread, I apologize. I just thought it would be more visible here.

2. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    I have a newer one as well as two old. I didn't notice any assembly problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    unpacking after a move, can't find the shelves for my Detolf. i sort of remember the movers putting them in with clothes or linens and refusing to disassemble the Detolf. so it sits there empty...

at least it survived the move. one bookcase and a headboard didn't, and another bookcase barely survived. idiot loaders...

-