Details on Welker at Botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Now that is worth the price of admission.

2. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for asking!

We have a local professional photographer coming in. He will be setting up a backdrop and will also have a high quality printer at the location which will print out photo lab quality 5x7 photo's. You will get them shortly after the picture is taken.

3. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Wow, that seems like a LOT...I did this with Stan Lee and it was only $125 for him to sign up to 3 items and get a picture. But it is what it is...he must be expensive to get because even a high percentage of $60,000 if they sell out is a heck of an appearance fee.

I know some professionals have HUGE fees because they just don't really like doing these things (Neil Gaiman's fee is like $42,000)

5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

To who? Apparently it is to those getting this package... To me? I probably wouldn't wait in the hour long line if it were free. I like TFs, I like the toon, I appreciate the guys that animated and voiced the toon. But they have no 'star power' over me that I'd give a shit about their autograph.

But to answer your question, no, it's not worth anywhere near $200. What you get signed is probably worth more 95% of the time. If you put his autograph on ebay on a plain ol' piece of paper, even if you could prove it was authentic, probably wouldn't sell for more than $20, if that even.

6. StarSaber

StarSaber Well-Known Member

I'll take someone's 2013 set (loose or boxed) for shipping cost! :) 

-SS (any takers?)

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    It's better than that...looks to be in the $60 dollar range for a Megatron still or other famous character like Fred from Scooby Doo

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I am that much of a nerd....the problem is that I'm not able to attend BotCon.

9. Autobot City Comics 2008

News Credits:
    ok I have been reading a lot of good and bad points about all of this and...

this is well worth the $200 tag, now is it worth $200 on top of $400 or even $700 (GT) no its not that's why I rather just do my GT again this year. I will get to sit and meet with the special guest get a good dinner a special print and pin and get to hang out with fellow collectors. this is IMHO I feel that the ppl who miss out are the ppl who don't have the extra $200 and sadly the dealers at this years show ,$60,000 is what the cost is for 300ppl at $200 each. This is a lot of cash going to Welker and FP and not to the dealers who work so hard to give us great toys to buy again IMO

10. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Probably a stupid question but theoretically could someone purchase a Primus/Golden Ticket package, purchase the Frank Welker VIP experience and let another person attend in their place?

Purchase the whole thing, find someone who just wants the VIP experience, have them reimburse the cost to you and then they get to attend without having to purchase the Primus Package.

Again, stupid question but I can think of at least a few people here who'd do so if that was an option.

11. Autobot City Comics 2008

News Credits:
    Good idea but I am sure they won't allow that

12. soundwave69

soundwave69 Well-Known Member

I was hyped for this and I figured it would be around $200, but more and more I'm going to pass. I don't worship any celeb enough to drop that kinds of time and cash, honestly.

This will have to be enough. Shout Factory gave these to people at SDCC '09 who did early preorders of the G1 Matrix of Leadership dvd boxset. Didn't meet him in person but it is signed and the print is awesome.

[​IMG]

13. thewiredknight

thewiredknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was considering traveling for Botcon for once (I normally only attend when it is in southern california) but between flight, hotel, attendance package it is hard to justify to add on an ADDITONAL $200 on top of that as you're looking at dropping at least 2 grand to basically just be there in the first place (on top of other con exclusives). It just becomes price prohibitive.

If I were local I coudl maybe justify it more by virtue of not paying for flight or hotel but I can't imagine paying for all those things and adding in $200 for basically an autograph.

14. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though it is a nice idea and all but I doubt that they would allow that. Your badge would indicate which package level you got along with your name. The badges are non-transferrable.

In terms of the cost for everything, I added it all up and in terms of my flights, taxi/rental car, hotel, food, registration, etc and it can easily add up to nearly $5000.00. I wanted to go but I quickly backed out when I saw the price tag for 2 people to go.

15. Captain

Captain Trust me, I’m the best.

no way it costs that much to go to botcon. $5k? lol

16. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Well she did say it'd be for two people to go. Two primus packages alone would be a grand and travel expenses from Oregon to Illinois probably aren't going to be cheap either, so it's a believable amount once you add everything up.

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Flights
    Hotel
    Taxi/rental car since this one is outside of city limits
    food
    merchandise
    shipping items back home
    registration and if one chooses to meet Frank and/or get the golden ticket
    parking at the airport
    miscellaneous stuff outside of Botcon if one chooses to

It all adds up in the long run

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Look at the prices of what's sold...and then consider what it's on. I just did a search on eBay for completed and sold and saw prices of $25, $32, and 99 cents. Probably not coincidence that the 99 cent'er was on some lame trading card. Like I said, on a plain piece of paper, probably not going to get $20 for it. Something done well, on an awesome print or something, it might sell for more as it can be made into something cooler than just an autograph or a cool picture. But it's neither the autograph or the pic alone that makes it moderately valuable. But still not anywhere near $200 unless what's signed is of significant value itself...

19. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife and I have gone to each Botcon since 2009 and we've never spent anywhere near $5,000. I know things will vary from person to person and their different situations. I am happy to get the opportunity to meet Frank Welker. I save all year for Botcon as I know a roundabout idea of what things will cost. As others have pointed out the $400 isn't just for the toys, there are a lot of cool perks that come along with the package. It sucks that some can't afford it, but I am sure they will most likely sell out of all 300 spots. Can't wait til June...

20. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Considering that if you get a Primus, a GT and the Welker you are pushing a Grand per person alone I'd say it's not that far fetched.