Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Nov 27, 2012.

1. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trying to get just to the character screen was a nightmare yesterday, hope that none of you had to sit in a loading screen for 1 hour

2. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so far i'm enjoying things.

a tip for all, do random shit to get your light to the soft cap of 1200. Then start in on story stuff. It'll make your life easier and the grind to 1200 only takes about an hour, hour and a half.

3. User_124141

News Credits:
    Just realized how close the Fallen Walker looks to Ghost In The Shell Tachikoma
    [​IMG]

4. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I've done the raid during my quarantine time. It's super fun and very combat heavy. The mechanics do require serious communication but it's a very good raid.
    The hunts are interesting and I'm looking forward to more. Next week is the Dawning!

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Oh, joy.

Me and a crew are going to attempt a blind run tomorrow...and the guy in charge is insisting on bringing along a player who actually needs instructions on the level of 'do not attempt to stop the chainsaw by sticking it between your legs'.

Like, this is a guy who went into Gambit with a bounty stating he had to deposit motes, spent the entire game doing nothing but guarding the bank and didn't deposit a single mote...and then had the gall to express confusion as to why the bounty didn't clear since we even won that round somehow.

6. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is not going to have a good time. Without knowing what to do you're not going to have fun with this raid. Knowing what to expect and how to execute makes it fun. Blind 'figure it out' runs are, at best, extremely difficult.

I would strongly recommend watching a few videos on it. It's not bad by any means, but you do need to know what to do, especially at the second encounter. Atriks-1 is the big hurdle for the entire raid. Even the end boss is easier.

7. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I'll be perfectly honest in that I fully expect this to be a complete shitshow, but that's what the organizer wants. He's gotten into streaming recently and I think watching people fail is going to be his big draw.

Thing is, he's a really good friend and he asked me to do this so out of friendship I'm tagging along. Suffice to say I'm expecting all of Saturday to be a colossal waste of time.

8. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    be prepared for frustration. There's a great deal of it if you don't know what you're doing in those first encounters.
    I really hope it doesn't sour you to the raid as a whole, though, because DSC is a really good, fun raid. It's what I like in raids. I would equate this to Crota, my favorite raid from D1.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Raid was a wash, the sixth guy never showed up.

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    God, I want to throttle this idiot so goddamn much. Not only is he talking all high and mighty like he's narrating a goddamn CoD campaign, but he LEGITAMATELY is doing every single fucking thing that common sense would dictate you do not do.

I mean, when we were in the Security part of the raid after the abysmal sparrow part through the snowstorm, this moron announces he's going to press a button in the middle of the raid leader explaining shit and triggers the encounter before anybody can stop him. It's legit like running a raid with Caboose from RvB, he acts without thinking.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  11. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kick him and LFG someone competent.

12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Honestly I'm thinking of just dropping out of this altogether, this raid is just awful. We're stuck in the room with the fuses because we can't figure out the panels WITH a guide. There's zero feedback on if you're hitting the right panels or not even with scanner guy standing on the glass panel.

EDIT: Okay, figured out the feedback is the brief icon flashing, but we can't even get the second pillar down because of trouble with the overload captains screwing with the scanner. It's just a terribly designed raid and we haven't even gotten a chest yet.

Beyond Light was a waste of money, I swear.

13. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    personally I like the Deep Stone Crypt. It just take a lot of good communication.

14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Then all the more reason to drop the game given the kind of people I'm stuck running with. I honestly disagree with every single decision Bungle has made and I don't think the tradeoffs were worth it.

I mean, this single fucking room is more complicated than the entirety of Spire of Stars, and twice as bullshit because if the Operator dies in the basement, then you legit can not revive them because of all the locked doors.

Terrible game design at its finest.

15. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Hast Thou Consider’d— Getting Good?

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I was the only one on the entire team who fucking understood how to trigger damage phase on the first boss. The idiot, who for whatever reason decided HE wanted to learn how to do it, spent 20 minutes having to write shit down as I explained it to him, tried it once and failed, and then promptly bailed because "he was getting tired of Destiny that day".

My friend, who is the only reason I'm doing this in the first place, is going to owe me big time for this shitshow given how much crap I'm having to deal with on his behalf.

17. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    Maybe you should try being a bit less unpleasant, then. Because to me, it sounds like you were being condescending and the guy got tired of having to deal with you.

You post every so often in this thread about how the game is terribly designed, and yet somehow, nobody else picks up on this. Almost like the problem is with you.

18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    This is me venting, obviously being rude to other people on my team is counter-productive in the middle of a gunfight or trying to work out raid mechanics. Not that he ever really seemed engaged in trying to work out how to actually understand how to trigger damage phase, all he seemed to want to do is shoot things. He admitted he triggered the encounter at first by accident because he thought the prompt was just one of those fluff pieces that Ghost says sometimes (despite the prompt literally saying "ACTIVATE OPERATOR AUGMENTATION TERMINAL")

Plus, just now in a private chat my friend agreed with me that the guy wasn't pulling his weight or seems even capable of getting it together long enough to effectively support a raid team - we're talking about a guy who literally got a Gambit bounty to collect motes, spent an entire match of Gambit puppy-guarding the bank, and then was confused as to why the bounty didn't clear when the match ended.

The agreed resolution to the situation is we're going to give him another shot next weekend, but if it's just more of the same then we're pulling the plug on this endeavor.

19. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    I have decided, as of this writing, not to come back to Destiny. Period. This is tied up with a few things, which I won't go into here, but my biggest hang-up is the lore.

Here is my central assertion re: Destiny lore. The lore books do not matter, except in edge cases. You will never meet characters like Shin Malphur, even when it makes sense for you to do so. What is the point of these reams upon reams of text if they have little to no bearing on in-game events?

You don't get to meet these interesting, cool characters in the way the medium is designed for. Instead, you get lore books where they just talk at you. Wouldn't it be great and flavorful to have a close encounter with, say, Aunor Mahal? Something where she tells you, in person, to stop meddling with things you don't understand? Well, that's not what you get in game. This is the problem with Destiny. The vast majority of the lore might as well not exist outside these lore books, except for a few basic concepts.

• Like Like x 2
  20. User_124141

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree with what you said, its pointless to read the lore, unless you are just bored and want to read, which by all means. I personally enjoy lore that gets shown such as the lore with Rasputin, and it was amazing how well they brought him with Siva in Rise of Iron. I think they might be fixing this issue with the Witch Queen being the first chapter of their so called new larger story, but I am hoping they switch their season content to these characters we don't get to meet in the main campaign in Destiny 2.