Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Nov 27, 2012.

1. vatarian

vatarian Hive Princess

If I were you, I’d look up a walkthrough. It’s been nearly 2 years since I did the puzzles you mentioned, so my memory is rusty, but I Do recall there being “tricks” to several of the nodes, so to speak.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    I finally got the damn thing but apparently you have to jump even higher to actually get the firing window.

3. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Just started Destiny 2 again and I have no clue where to begin. Any suggestions?

4. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Go to Amanda Holiday and do the Red War campaign.

5. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Already completed the original destiny 2 campaign

6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Oh, then I dunno then. The current "season" events are all kinda endgame tier and if you aren't level 960 then you aren't getting into the Trials of Osiris. So, just whatever campaigns or exotic quests you haven't completed, then.

7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:

Full details on a potential leak for the next big expansion.

It sounds pretty damn ambitious. And looks to be possibly the best expansion we’ve had in awhile.

8. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we'll see what happens. Guardian Games was not fun.

9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Yeah, after I got Heir Apparent I basically said "screw it" and completely ditched any notion of finishing the few things I had left to do. Guardian Games was just a pointless grindfest that had any notion of competition removed the second it was discovered Hunters got kneecapped out of the gate and Titans had an abuseable free method for grinding the other classes didn't.

The current "The Lie" quest is also a grindfest joke. Public Events in EDZ, Moon, and Io? Its almost like they're desperately trying to get people to play the crappy Seraph Tower gimmick that nobody likes.

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Except that none of that is true. Titans weren’t able to abuse anything, if that were true other classes would have, which they tried. Videos of titans, hunters and warlocks spamming the redeem button on medal return were verified to be graphical only. Nothing was discovered about Hunters being “kneecapped”. Bungie stated before the event started That because there’s more Hunters in the game that Titans AND Warlocks would be given a small boost. People complained and Bungie broke down what, I think the first 8 days of player data to show how Titans were playing more activities and playing longer, which yields more results. Personally, I played games of gambit, strikes and crucible with more titans than I’d ever seen before. Of the dozens of strikes I ran I had entires teams of titans just titans and occasionally warlocks never once had two hunters. Faced multiple teams of just titans in gambit, trials and comp but sure, it was rigged.

11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Shoulder charge allowed them to generate laurels faster by not having to wait for ability cooldowns to kill enemies with abilities. Given Guardian Games was literally just one giant grindfest for those damn things, Titans were FAR easier to do than any other class (can attest, I main warlock)

And Bungie even admitted they messed with the redeem rate on Hunters to try and balance things but ended up simply making it harder for them to win due to averaging numbers to the point Hunters simply didn't bother. Why else do you think the standings were that hunters took day 1...and then the placements were the exact same between day two through to the end?

It wasn't supposed to be rigged, but when you basically have one class that simply has easier access to fasttrack a lengthy and boring process to get progress AND the other class simply isn't going to perform well purely because of how the math works? The outcome was inevitable.

12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    Do you guys think I should get Destiny 2? I played the Hell out of the first one but didn't bother to get Destiny 2.

13. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I play all classes. Frankly, I think the Warlocks had one of the easiest times generating laurels due to most of their supers being add killers.
    That said, Titans are way behind Hunters on cooldowns. I would have recommended arc staff combo punch to you for a hunter. Dodge, get your melee back. Kill with melee, get your dodge back. and that melee was a group hitting melee.
    No, Titans did not have the easier path. Hunters got pissy and sat out. That's their choice, but don't pretend like it was all rigged from the beginning please.

With all that said, the Guardian Games were not fun. Heir Apparent is okay, but not worth the grind. I still think the armor this season looks like shit and, frankly, I'm just tired of it. I really hope next season is better because this one was a new low for me.

14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    It's free to play so the only thing you have to lose is storage space on your PC/console - granted there are things locked off if you don't have the expansions (which are costly) but for getting your feet wet, the core campaign should give you an idea if you like the game or not enough to sink money into those things.

Please stop saying that I'm acting like it was rigged, because I'm not. There is a difference between "rigged" and "they unintentionally pissed the hunters off to the point the thing was imbalanced by them simply turning their backs on the event".

Plus, you're forgetting An Insurmountable Skullfort which has the effect of letting Arc Melee charge Melee, so that right there improves ability charge time for Titans. And given the event was the exact same across all classes with the only worthwhile rewards being account based, why bother doing the same grind across three characters when you only needed to do it once and since Skullfort basically grants infinite shoulder charges (Code of the Earthshaker with Seismic Strike, every time you hit an enemy you instantly charge melee thanks to Skullfort). And this is way faster than anything I'm aware of that would fastforward super charges on Warlocks. After all, Laurels dropped from ability usage, not exclusively supers alone.

On top of that, Warlocks couldn't get laurels from rifts since rifts don't directly damage enemies. So that only left Hunters and Titans having a full set of offensive abilities, and with Hunters already refusing to participate in full, Titans naturally had an easier time.

I'm not saying the event was rigged. I'm saying it was just really, really poorly thought out.

Based on the last TWAB, it sounds like they're finally listening to the actual playerbase and will be implementing actual game improvements instead of simply harder and harder endgame bullshit for streamers (which even the streamers are rioting against, this current season's crap was the last straw for many).

15. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    haha, the one thing I don't have...
    Yeah, I figured as much, I've been through the Destiny one ringer before (I think I dropped $130 on the expansions).
    Good to know nothing has changed.

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Curse of Osiris is enh (hope you didn't like Brother Vance because you certainly won't like him now!)
    Warmind is super short
    Forsaken is probably the best
    Shadowkeep actually advances the plot kinda but its...enh.

EDIT: Probably should mention the fact its F2P also includes the first two expansions, so you'd only need to buy Forsaken and Shadowkeep.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Thanks for letting me know!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Omegashark18

News Credits:

19. Omegashark18

News Credits:

And a look back and a hint at what’s to come in next two years.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  20. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm really excited for this.
    season of arrival, so far, is better than last season. The new event is way better than that damned rasputin tower crap.

• Like Like x 2