Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Nov 27, 2012.

1. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Im at 282 and 265 and 30 now lol

2. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Enjoying Trials of the Nine so far. The new map Eternity has some crazy sight lines but there's plenty of hallways for some quick flanking.

Shooting for Flawless this weekend as it'll be the best opportunity.

Edit: Finally Flawless achieved via a PUG group of all things

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

News Credits:
    Completed my first nightfall with a couple buddies last night. Took a try or three to get through thanks to the time limits, but we ended up beating it with over 5 minutes to go. I liked the mechanic. Made it feel a lot more tense.

4. xMostWanted559x

My titan and hunter both stuck about 288 and 285 now

5. xMostWanted559x

290 and 294 now!

Not sure what im doing wrong but in every pvp type game i ever played i have been a 2.0 to 3.0 kd player....this game i am so horrible :(  being a .77 off the stats tracker page bums me

6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I think you said you played Call of Duty a lot? Completely different playstyles really. In most games you can just run around and do your thing. In Destiny 2, there's a lot of emphasis on sticking with your team to win fights. A lot of people love this and a lot of people hate this, but it is what it is. Simple things that I've noticed people doing is not sticking with their team, thinking they can win 1v2, thinking they can flank well, re-engaging before their health has regenerated and being generally dumb around heavy spawns. It's likely just the playstyle that I assume (though could be wrong) that you're not used to.

7. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Old):
    Don't let it get to you Mostwanted, in D1 my score wasn't much higher. Don't worry to much about that, it's only a number and something that shouldn't be focused on that much. My mindset is it's a game, it was made to entertain us, as long as I'm having fun and doing the best that I can that's all that really matters. I strive to do better sure but not so much that it would sour the game for me. I really don't like how sites, streamers and some of the fanbase makes such a huge deal about K/Ds and stuff, we should all be out to have fun above all else.

Speaking of fun I finished off the campaign the other night. Not because it was hard (quite the opposite) just doing the adventures and quests as they appeared (guilty of some Exotic grinding as well) lol.

Story-wise it was really good, night a day better then vanilla D1's story. But I will say without spoilers that the Final fight was disappointing, the AI on Ghaul was way to stupid, he had me dead to rights twice in the fight and just stood there like a deer in headlights. Guess he just wanted to die or something. Anyway if anyone is playing through the story and staying away from youtube videos then just so it's known there is a teaser cutscene at the end of the credits. Pretty interesting if I might add.

8. xMostWanted559x

Reached 301 on my hunter, 300 on my titan and 294 warlock last night

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Doesn't take much to outdo Destiny's story, but Destiny 2's story is nowhere near good. It's simply extant, which makes it better than D1 by default. The actual storyline is crap, and everyone besides Cayde 6 and that AI thing are boring as hell, and even then those two are more- for lack fo a better term -cringey than funny.

I'm really not getting the praise I see towards it.

10. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

I tried to do the Nightfall as part of the Rat King quest today. We didn't come even remotely close to achieving the target time. I think this will take a few attempts.

11. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

12. Dio

Dio Scrapper

264 Warlock, looking for a clan to contribute to on PS4. Is there one the forum members have set up?

13. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I'm not entirely surprised at this point, but I'm severely disappointed that the IB weapons are just the same shit we already have (model wise) with an IB medallion slapped on the side. It's almost like the people working on D2 don't even know what was in RoI, the end game activities pale in comparison to RoI/Age of Triumph. Flawless is a joke and so is prestige. Not even any ornaments. We don't even have full Trials/IB weapon sets.

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    So been hooked for a while and enjoyed the grind for a bit, but I find myself being a bit frustrated. Is it wrong that Im mad destiny2 isnt destiny1? It feels like the same game on the surface but with its guts removed once you play long enough. PVP is just awful, Im not great at it but thats not why its awful. It used to be fun now its all about team shoot otherwise if you dont have mida or urials gift (have both sadly) its an effort in futility to have 1v1 standoffs. Ironbanner seems pointless now since its just crucible through saladin. The grind was so much fun at first but now I found myself gritting me teeth thinking I have to suffer through one more crucible match just to get that weekly milestone. subclass layout really bothers me, I dont like you are either column A or B I feel like they got rid of all of the skill based customization in the way of the subclass skill tree, as well as randomized rolls for weapons. Its like we lost of the customization that made it cater to your playstyle so we could put shaders on everything. Mods are a cool idea in concept, but at this stage kind of suck other than hitting max light. Maybe more mod slots in items to help flush out the customization/perk trees? or Exotic mods that offer more benefits. I thought in the end it would be so much better, but I feel like all the things I really liked about D1 were stripped out and replaced with things that dont appeal to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Devil Prime

Devil Prime Well-Known Member

The end game is super shallow in D2, I hate how after doing the weekly milestones I have nothing to do. Plus my clan of like 20 people have all stopped playing so I have zero motivation to play now.

16. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Old):
    I'm feeling the same way about D2 as well.
    Yeah, as the game is right now it feels like a skeleton game. In my opinion the story would have been far better off as a DLC for D1 (minus the Mods and Tokens crap) rather than a separate game. As it is right now with the Token system makes it feels like a easy play amusement park rather then another world to dive into. You do a few easy tasks get tokens and turn them into prizes basically, once you get one that's it no need to to continue, no chasing.

This was so easy that I ended up being #38 in the world for PvE K/D apparently, may have been higher for all I know. I played solo through the story and only died twice throughout it and that was only due to game errors from jumping.

I get that they wanted to make it easier for a larger gamer base to play and complete but I think they sacrificed to much of what kept you coming back for it. But even then I'd argue that The Taken King was the most downloaded DLC at the time so the D1 formula was right, what they were doing was pulling people in. In all honesty I don't foresee any DLC for D2 doing that due to the changes they've made.

I don't hate the game or regret buying (yet lol) I'm sure it will get better and really hope that it does, right now it just feels like a skeleton/amusement park. Destiny 2: The Token King

• Like Like x 1
  17. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I dont mind the NPC and token thing even if it's a bit useless in the end game so far. Unless there is some unforseen rank tied item. I miss bounties granted they are still sort of there but all in all the gameplay feels so empty, the story was great but I played solo as well and never really felt like I was challenged all that much. I guess they were afraid of bringing back the some themes from D1 like weapon rolls being randomized? I don't ever remember getting stuck on a grind for a particular roll that long and im a very casual player. The mod thing isn't bad in concept as it allows to.change the roll of armor, but weapons need something similar besides damage type and reload speed. I'd love a mod that speeds up abilities with kills, or rainblows coming back. That would help crucible out. I hope they add more customization to the subclass skill tree though that just feels so poor by comparison. I've considered going back to D1 for a bit just to enjoy it by comparison.

18. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The challenges are basically the new bounties so I don't mind losing those. I'm still having fun with friends playing, albiet on PS4 since my xbox is still frikken bricked. Only thing I haven't done is the raid and that's just a matter of poor work schedule timing.

19. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    I hate that there is Festival of the Lost this year.

At Least bring back Eva snd shader shop!

20. xMostWanted559x

305 on all my characters now, kinda nothing to do once i get my milestones done weekly. Clan is level 6 now for two weeks.

Anyone tried borderlands, is it like destiny?