Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Nov 27, 2012.

1. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

:lol  I remember a friend of mine in a small guild we have asked where the pause button was in Warcraft so she could go make a cup of tea when we were in a raid, she still hasn't lived it down to this day

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I new it had an online feature but I didn't know it was online all the time. Reading the description on Amazon I though it would have a single player mode like COD or Halo since this company had their hands on those games.

It also says you can play alone.

GAME OVERVIEW
    From the Creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth’s enemies. Reclaim all that we have lost. Become legend.

A Bold New World
    Embark on an epic action adventure with rich cinematic storytelling where you unravel the mysteries of our universe and reclaim what we lost at the fall of our Golden Age.

More Ways To Play
    The next evolution of the first-person action genre that provides an unprecedented combination of storytelling, cooperative, competitive, and public gameplay, and personal activities that are all seamlessly woven into an expansive, persistent online world. Venture out alone or join up with friends. The choice is yours.

Create Your Legend
    Personalize and upgrade every aspect of how you look and fight with a nearly limitless combination of armor, weapons, and visual customizations. Take your upgraded character into every mode, including campaign, cooperative, social, public, and competitive multiplayer.

Sure you can I've done that before.

So you saying this is like WOW then? Well I'll be returning this then I thought it was a FPS.

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

How would pausing an online game even work? Make you invincible to everything around you?

It is an FPS, it just has MMO features. Although unless you have at least 3 friends to constantly play with, I'd say return it anyway. You wont get through much of the endgame content by yourself. As for solo play, yes you can play by yourself but you might see other players running around anyway. Solo just means you don't have a fireteam, it's still online.

4. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

well... it is an FPS. (sorry i can't tell if you're trolling me). Just look up some videos. It's a team based FPS that lends ques from mmo's and stuff. I haven't played it myself, but thats what I make of it.

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    It's been a while since I touched the game but house of wolves brought me back in for a bit. I am enjoying the prison of the elders. It is a feature I thought the game was missing.

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    After being nagged to death about playing it again ive given it a shot but now I find myself stuck in a rut and not wanting to continue as its so repetitive. Im a lvl26 titan and I cannot for the life of me get any more gear with light or anything better than I have unless I find a group of people to do the vault of glass with me. I don't have the dlc's and dont really wanna dish out $30 just to get new gear, should I just move on or is there another way to find purples and exotics?

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you are earning vanguard reputation through doing public events and patrols, you will level up with them and by level 2 you should be able to buy new gear that can get you to level 32. Regardless, this game is only really great when you have a good group to play with. I can't say I recommend it as a solo experience.

8. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Ive been doing the vangaurd (tiger? or whatever the highest one is) strikes over and over and over but thats about it.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would go to the bounty robot in the tower and grab all the single player bounties and do those. You can do new ones each day.

10. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Will that get me gear with more light?

11. SideswipePrime1

SideswipePrime1 Flooded in plastic.

They'll get your Vanguard rank up, which will get you closer to buying Vanguard armor.

EDIT: BTW, what console are you on? If you're on 360, PM me. I do raids every weekend.

12. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Depends on you, what you want from the game, and how much time you're willing to put in to get it. Without getting into a group, you have two options open to you.

1. Continue to run the strike playlist, but also grab and complete bounties every day. Also do missions on patrol. These will all earn you reputation with the Vanguard as well as earn you Vanguard marks. (or New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, or Future War Cult -- if you are wearing one their class items). At Vanguard rank 2, you can exchange Vanguard marks with your class mentor for Legendary gear. ...without any DLC, I *think* a full set of Vanguard gear, fully leveled will get you to 28? 29?

1a. Xur shows up in either the Tower or The Reef every Friday through Saturday, selling exotic Gear and Weapons for Strange Coins. Exotic Gear has more Light than Legendary gear (though you can only equip one Exotic piece of Gear at a time) and will aid you in increasing your level.

2. As of the time of this post, the Iron Banner PVP event is happening again and will be in effect until the weekly reset on Tuesday. Go to the Iron Banner vendor, and purchase all the IB bounties you feel you can accomplish, purchase the buff he sells and then go play the Iron Banner playlist. Wins will net you IB reputation. Increased rank with the Iron Banner earns you access to purchase enblems, shaders and class items (all of which will add bonus rep gain for IB) and eventually gear and weapons. Iron Banner gear, which this time, he's selling boots and gauntlets, is Legendary, but has more Light than the pre-DLC Vanguard vendor gear. A full set of fully leveled Iron Banner gear can get you to 32.

However, if you can manage to get the boots and gauntlets, and supplement it with another Legendary and an Exotic... fully leveled, that should get you to at least 31.

13. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

The new vanguard gear is available to everyone; getting a full set of that will get you to 32.

14. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    And Xur usually sells Exotic Engrams for 23(?) Motes of Light, too, if you don't have any strange.

I started this game, solo, and never got into any groups until well after level 20. Groups/Fireteams DO make it a LOT more enjoyable, but I like just well as a solo game, too. You just can't do raid and some Nightfalls solo.

15. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

More importantly than the Iron Banner armor itself, which is nice, is that reaching ranks 3 and 5 in IB reputation allow you to purchase an Etheric Light, the item that ascends ANY Legendary piece of armor to 42 Light, the current maximum. Getting to rank 3 alone is enough to net you boots with 36 Light and one Etheric Light, for 10000 Glimmer.

16. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice guys, I think I might just cave and grab the DLC so I can experience something new in the game.

17. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I enjoyed Dark Below, but I'm LOVING House of Wolves

18. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Dat next expansion.

Dose new subclasses. You can have Warlocks that use lighting like Emperor Palpatine! A Titan with a flaming hammer of justice! I couldnt really get a good enough look at the Void Hunter though.

19. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed, but I just preordered the Taken King Collector's Edition for the PS4.

20. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Collector's edition?