Deluxe BWX Leaders at BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I like them. Now they just need to do the same thing with Optimal Optimus and TM2 Megatron.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like 'em. They're nice "pre-BW" imaginings of the characters, if we suspend our disbelief of the fact they didn't have those particular forms until arrival on Earth.
    At any rate, I'll get them. They look fun.

3. Uni-En

Uni-En Well-Known Member

How tall are these guys?

4. Rodimus 45

Rodimus 45 the prime protector

can some one give hasbro credit i like these molds better than the stupid furry animals i have the origanal beastwars megs and primal and these aniversary edition are better if you want the crappy takara versions than waste your money tranformers were hasbro idea all takara could come up with is Dum diaclones and even their take on transformers is crap optimus prime name in japan is convoy can you say stupid i for one dont think takara is better beast wars was hasbro namely (kenner) idea takara take on beast wars look dum to me you all complain about toys for kids i will buy these mold welcomely and care less about takrapa please give hasbro some support #1 toy company better than mattel and definenly better than takara and the back bone of transformers

HASBRO :Gouki:  TAKRAPRA

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow use some punctuation, and transformers wouldnt be around had hasbro not seen takara's diaclone at an international toyfair. Heh and the funny thing is hasbro made the original beast wars toys......and yet you say it as if takara made them therefore they are crap. Get your facts straight.

sitting back roastin marshmellows. Someone grab tha popcorn....teh p0pc0rn!!

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Kickback or anyone who in the know so to speak, do you know if primal will come with any weapons aside the surfboard? The lack of weapons is the only thing bothering me(weapons were great on the original, and for the reinvisioned version...well yea I'd like to have weapons).

7. Rodimus 45

Rodimus 45 the prime protector

i am refering to there beastwars neo looks dum i give takara for making the toys i should have mentioned it im sorry but hasbro idea was a better one every time i log on people rarely give hasbro credit and i dont understand why thats all im sayin

8. Uni-En

Uni-En Well-Known Member

because they make toys that look babyish...

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Those that rarely give Hasbro credit need to justify to themselves their decision to pay twice as much or more for a Takara version of the same toy Hasbro makes, only with one extra blob of paint. Don't worry about it. :D 

10. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These have been available for Preorder at BBTS for a few weeks. I know because I preordered them there Feb. 24th.

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Megs for sure, Primal... not so sure. He's just odd. Maybe if he's not the Primal I know...

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Whoa! Did somebody forget to take their medication? :D 

Anyway, I was down on these when I saw the pics from the last toy show, but they look 10,000x better now. Maybe Primal's munkee mode was mistransformed at the show or something... Anyway, they're both a buy for me.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Hasbro's Primal and Megs look too funky and trans-organic for me. I'm picking up Takara's version for show accruacy.

I think most of the complaints are because of the "anniversary" theme...if these toys were another line...it would be a different story.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Primal looks like he has the same/similar transformation to the BM Deluxe Primal

Bot mode looks pretty decent, but the beast mode is......iffy

Megs is just pure sex in a bowl

15. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Optimus Primal: The one thing I didn't like about every Op Primal figure was that his bot mode looked ape-like. What's the point of turning into an ape if he already looked like one? That problem seems to be corrected here.

Megatron: Badass! :rock 

16. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Actually the technorganic is the major upside for Primal in my opinion. I hated when Primal lost the Prime like head in BM. Now he still looks like he belongs in the show but retains the Prime like head.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megatron is beauty-licious. Only things i'd wish for would be some improvements to the color scheme, and a few show-like claw details to his helmet, but that's all just nitpicky-ness.

Optimus ... looks like a good toy, but as others have said, it seems to miss the Optimus Primal mark by a fair margin. Perhaps the designers have been on Armada thru Cybertron too long, because this toy looks more like a Gorilla-form Optimus PRIME, as opposed to Optimus Primal (stupidly ironic I realize, since the since the original Primal toys were designed as a Gorilla-form Prime until the show changed the playing field). Either way, I think it's a nice looking toy, though it doesn't grab the brass ring quite how Megatron appears to have done.

18. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

I agree (except for the whole "pure sex in a bowl" part. That's just weird :p )

When first I saw Primal's beast mode I first thought of his Beast Machines incarnation. I think it looks ok, but I am really diggin' the Megatron. I think this version just makes Megs look more evil.

I already have the Takara Primal and Megs but I would be willing to bet that I will pick these up too. I just like Beast Wars too much not.

19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    it's not jsut you ~ i saw several posts between here and the Allspark that said he looks more like Prime in a monkey suit than Primal.

It's not even that he particularly looks like a bad figure, he just doesn't seem particularly evocative of Primal... like phazer said, it maight have a lot to do with the deco...

20. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

*Hugs his BWR Megs and Primal* "Its ok boys, that cant all be as perfect as you...."