Deluxe BWX Leaders at BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Mar 9, 2006.

1. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

They both look very nice, especially Megatron! Both are must-buys for me!

2. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just cant get over how ugly Primail is *cringe*

3. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

bleh. I'm passing on both of these. My RobotMasters versions will suffice. Other than the War Within Titaniums, I'm just not interested in any TF toys that we've seen so far for this year. Hope the Classics line changes that, but if not, the TWW toys will be good enough.

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Megatron is fantastic. Definitely the best t-rex megs ever.

I don't get all the hate towars Primal though. I think it's a fantastic figure, even if it's not even close to being cartoon acurate. And the Gorilla mode looks amazing. I think we wouldn't be hearing this many complaints about the gorilla mode if it were colored like AAOP.

-airfox

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Primal looks like Cornelius!! Now I need a Charlton Heston figure! Damn dirty ape...

6. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I've got to say, my opinion of these has risen every time a new picture has come out. Megs looks great in both modes. Primal has a great robot mode, and for the first time I'm liking the gorilla mode. From an engineering standpoint it's excellent; it captures the shape and movement of a gorilla perfectly. I'd have preferred it if they'd have done away with all the colors and mechanical crap in beast mode, but I'll deal (though I may take some black paint to a few parts). Overall, very excited for these to come out.

7. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

I'm liking them myself though, current things going on I haven't been in that much of a mood to buy any new TFs.

8. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I think it would have been quite well received if it wasn't called Optimus Primal, to be frank.

Phazer

9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I even think if it was "Cybertron" Optimus Primal it would be recieved better. But to celebrate the Anniversary of BW, it just doesn't fit.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    im just gonna think of these 2 as cybertron figures, and get the japanese BWR set instead...of course, thats once more are made and preorders go back up...

11. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

I don't usually bitch about Hasbro's products, but I think they could have made those 2 a lot better. Megs' not half that bad, but it's still a long way from the show accurate version the 10th anniversary's supposed to deliver

12. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    You're so right... None of the local guys in Toronto have anymore Japanese BWR-01, either (or never had any to begin with)! It seems very few were made. Hopefully, there's enough interest for more to be made in the near future. :peoples: 

13. Rodimus 45

Rodimus 45 the prime protector

Check your PM's - Coldheart

14. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Megatron is a thing of beauty. I can't wait to find him.

Primal, on the other hand, is a mixed bag for me. I love his robot mode, especially the new head. But the beast mode is lacking a little for me. Coincidentally, my least favorite part of that mode is his head. It probably would have been better if his colors were darker. I'll still get him, but maybe not the first time I find him.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm just glad we get to see Primal with thumbs this time.

16. Foster

News Credits:
    Only the six Deluxes in the first two waves are described as more "show accurate" decoes. Primal and Megatron never were described as such, obviously are not, and weren't indended to be. If that's what you want, well, too late. The Takara BWR-01 set is sold out almost everywhere.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I can't believe people are still bitching about them not being show acurate. People never listen.

18. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Banned

These two are the products I'm most excited about this year. Screw Alternators, screw Titanium, and double screw that boring overpriced rehash 2-pack Takara put out. These are great new beast toys that very easily read as the BW/M leaders while still being fresh and original. I only wish the rest of the BWX line were like them.

19. Foster

News Credits:
    That's not a bad idea! I'd LOVE to see new mold BWX for Blackarachnia, Ravage and Dinobot!

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Got to say that I'm continually impressed with Megatron. He looks good no matter what. I could look at him and consider him either a Cybertron "Beast" Megatron or an updated BW Megatron.

As for Primal... I've always liked the robot mode and thought the surf board was cool (even if it seems to be only an unitegrated accessory). But it bothers me that the one staple that Primal had (the intergrated weaponry) doesn't seem as though it will make an appearance. I doubt there's room for the flip up rocket launchers with the TF design of him and it doesn't appear that he has any arm panels for his blaster or mace either... not to mention no place to put his sabers. And that's a shame. It'd be nice if he at least came with his sabers considering how his hands are positioned and possibly a blaster or two that can snap onto his arm, but the only accessory pic we've seen with him is his surf board... so I'm not to optimistic.

Overall, these are nice updates to the characters, but I think they probably should have just been put in the Cybertron line as I agree with everyone else that said that they would have been better recieved there. Sure, these moulds were meant to be a reimagining of the original two using design asthetics from all the previous figures, but it seems that the Primal has lost something in translation. The Megatron is fine to be sure, but Primal... I don't know... he keeps growing on me, but there's still something that bugs me about him. Maybe it's the zen bandanna that he's wearing in monkey mode... either way, I'll be putting these on my Cybertron shelf. I've got the BWR-01 set on my BW shelf.