Degenerator Industry SV-001 Metal Slug Super Vehicle

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by svek, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Sloptimus Slime

Sloptimus Slime Sloppy is the right of all sentient beings

Got my copy from ShowZ store last night, no broken antennae but his crotch is upside down, but like others said, it doesn't effect anything other than looks, might not even bother fixing it because I'm so happy with this guy. Not sure why so many copies from ShowZ got shipped back as mine came with the batteries already installed.

• Like Like x 3
  2. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do the LEDs work in your copies with no issue?

3. Sloptimus Slime

Sloptimus Slime Sloppy is the right of all sentient beings

Yep, both are working! And this was after I popped the barrel off accidentally and sent the light flying across my floor.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andromeda

Andromeda New Member

Check out the stream Jobby is filming a review for it!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Haha I did the exact same thing. And both my LEDs are still working as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Put me in the broken antenna camp. Honestly though, I probably wouldn't have ever noticed if it hadn't been mentioned in this thread prior because it's such a tiny extension on a larger piece.

Some random thoughts:
    - This thing feels very much like a "toy" - and I mean that as a compliment; big, chunky ratchets, solid feeling, it feels like a toy you can give to a child and not worry about whether it will survive. Honestly, the only thing a child would probably have difficulty with is just how tight the joints are.

- It's fully painted, head to toe, with a semi-gloss satin finish. It's pretty nice although it gives it a kind of "dull" appearance. This matches with the subject matter though so I don't mind it.

- Clearances during transformation are a pain, lots of things smashing against each other. However, due to the aforementioned toylike feel of the figure it doesn't really worry me - you can pretty easily manhandle it into doing what you want, and some parts that would otherwise be worrisome (the exhaust pipes, for example) will just pop off if they get pressured too much. The upper torso is just pegged to the lower torso with a big metal rod, and you can easily pull it in half (if you want to) to make things easier on yourself.

- The crotch flip is dead easy. Just unscrew three screws, pull the waist apart (don't use a metal screwdriver, for cripes' sakes, use a plastic spudger or the DX9 parts separator) and flip it. less than a minute, no muss, no fuss.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't transformed him back into his tank mode yet as I have a feeling he'll be staying in that mode for a while once I do, but for the price it feels worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Can anyone who has received this toy let me know on the following, which is important to me for fun of posing:

The side hip ratchets, are they soft or hard? Can one keep it at half level without clicking?

Some figures, like from Xtransbot, have the capability that if you turn the upper thigh or joint itself to the other side (180 degree), then it has no ratchet on that side, vs the hard/soft ratchet on the main expected side. If you can please check for me if joint to thigh or with thigh itself can be turned 180 and if still has the ratchets or allows for easier posing at whatever angle we want for the legs?

Finally, can the turret turn in tank mode if not connecting to the piping parts?

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Soft.

The turret cannot rotate at all. The design really doesn't lend itself to that - it's a two-dimensional tank in a two-dimensional game that shoots in only two dimensions.

9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Thanks. With the soft ratchet, can the A stance be in between ratchets then allowing better range of motion? If so, that is fantastic.

Also, can the joint at the thigh turn 180 degree and not have any side ratchets at all? Thanks in advance.

10. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Yes, there's plenty of "wiggle room" between ratchet clicks.

No, you can't pull any shennanigans with joint flipping, that's not how the ratchets on the hips of this figure are designed. You would have to do joint surgery to remove the springs if you wanted to deactivate the ratchets.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paco Grande

What do you all mean by soft ratchets? Do you mean with a spring? As opposed to plastic being deformed to click?

12. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Think less materials and more end result. With a hard ratchet, the joint will snap into certain defined positions, like 15°, 30°, 45°, and nothing in between. A soft ratchet has more resistance in the joint itself, and the click serves more to reinforce it stopping in certain positions, so you can smoothly move through the different degrees of movement, but it will naturally try to rest at certain degrees. Transform element Optimus has hard ratchets on his shoulders and thighs, which limits his ability to perform certain poses, for example.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    PXL_20221014_002651209.jpg

Got mine in today. Antennas are broken - Can't honestly imagine how they can not break, given the clamshell has no space for them. Batteries included and the turret light works - I'll transform mine tonight.

• Like Like x 6
  14. velencourte

velencourte Well-Known Member

Think these antennae are hard to reattach, or just a relatively simple glue-job? Shame the packaging just is like this.

15. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I only seem to have one snapped off piece in the box, but I imagine some plastic cement would fix it just fine.

PXL_20221014_024108571.jpg PXL_20221014_024134602.jpg

The robot is really, really cool. The antennas do just glue on, pretty easily. Crotch flip is no big deal at all.

But... I don't, honestly, really like it. The shoulders are mounted to the backpack on these long plastic sections, and moving the shoulders (with their very good ratchets) means the backpack constantly wants to come out. If it had locking tabs ANYWHERE it'd be much, much more fun to handle. Shame, because it is loaded with fantastic ratchets, great articulation, and tons of personality and great paint.

Edit:
    I applied some shock oil to the shoulder ratchets and it makes it a lot more fun to handle. The only issue I genuinely have with the robot is this:
    bump.png
    WHY is the entire shoulder/torso/backpack assembly held in by these two tiny nubs? When the shoulder ratchets are THAT beefy??? Baffling.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Paco Grande

Sorry I still haven’t had time to handle this figure. I think most of your important questions have already been answered by others, but I’ll try to answer a few more here. For any answers I skip here, it’s because I think they’ve already been answered by others or because I don’t know the answer.

I do have the reverse hip panel issue. I believe all of the first run are like that but it sounds like it’s easy to fix so I’ll be fixing mine. But it does not affect anything on the figure. Just looks.

I think the figure looks great in hand. There are a few details that were painted on the prototype that are not painted on the final figure. But I didn’t even notice until I saw some old pics of the prototype.

I don’t own any Fans Toys figures. Sold the few I had a while back. So I’m not sure if this would go with any of them.

The parts on the feet I mentioned are not for stability. They just fill out the space between the foot and the leg on the back side. But I found the figure to be stable and I’m not worried about it falling over.

I hope that helps a bit!

• Like Like x 1
  17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Found this new video, and it shows transformation both ways.

• Like Like x 3
  18. racefox

racefox Honor. Respect. Loyalty.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  19. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think because this company Cangdao is new to transformable toys, it use to just make display action figures.

Also Cangdao has a history of making weird design choices:
    1) The white tiger --- I read in order to turn on the light, u need to remove the backpack which secured with screws...
    [​IMG]

2) It's making Zhu Bajie, it's a famous figure from Journey to the West. He supposed to be a big fat pig....DragonBall's Ooolong is based on that
    [​IMG]

But now Cangdao makes it looks more like a werewolf...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. YellowGuy

YellowGuy Well-Known Member

I'd say it still kinda looks like a hog but like, a werehog? Also, kinda does look like a super saiyan hog