DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 SEEKERS (G1 MP Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

No not heard anything back.

2. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

will be interested to see if any faces pan out, that was the only thing somewhat lacking for me

4. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

• Like Like x 1
  5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    All 3 of dem boys is home now.
    20230526_135943.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  6. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton Chief Justice Fruitloop

Spot-on. While everything comes down to personal taste, I do feel that sculptwise, the Takara Seekers just slightly edge out DS, 'beer bellies' and all. You cannot tell me that the Seekers weren't thick from the side in some shots; their proportions varied depending on the frames. Kind of like the Blitzwing / Astrotrain height debate. Blah, blah, official animation chart. It's a decent reference point, but in the cartoon it wasn't always law. Likewise, Starscream was always an obnoxious little shi- er, snot- and having him be markedly shorter than Megatron feels right, even if DS is probably closer to accurate height. And the faces. The faces are great. In fact the faces and proportions are what bring me back to the Takara models, despite saying 'No more'.

What sealed it for me was the oversaturated colours on Starscream, the placement of the diecast in the chests, the reported breakages / QC troubles with ankles and knees, coupled with that astronomically high price. MP has never been a pauper's game, but there was a time when it felt somewhat attainable. With $450 pricetags on the fanciest leader figures, and $300ish on the secondary coveted characters, it's harder and harder to justify spending that kind of money when the likes of MMC, DX9, and Zeta turn out equal or even superior toys for a third of that cost. With less resources. And I don't have that level of income to begin with. $837- $900ish for just three figures? Yes, I do have a few bots around the $200- $250 range in my collection, but they were bought over years of collecting, not all at once!

If Starscream were even a bit cheaper, I would consider picking him up, just to see. I still flirt with the notion. DS is not perfect; the knees are weak for my liking, the transformation.... is what it is, and the paint is a source of caution. But for what they are, they're astoundingly good for the price, and I am loving finally having all three in their proper G1 form under one roof.

Speaking of which, congratulations, @CyclonuS_ZerO! What do you think of them so far?

• Like Like x 2
  8. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Ali Express sale on Deformation Space Seekers this week. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...5a0829e7&ck=in_edm_other&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
    I've had decent luck with this "Easy-going Store" seller a couple of times. Seekers under $80 plus the Aliexpress summer sale could knock off another $6, $15, or $30 off your total depending on how many you purchase.

If you don't care about the box/packaging then this is a good price to pick up this mould.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Hey man, I just now noticed your mention in your post. I love'em! I also just got RP Acoustic Wave in, so it's been upgrades all around for my collection. Really happy with the last few purchases I've made.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Peterson0260

Peterson0260 I stare back.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm still waiting on Black Ma... I mean Deformation Spa.... I mean Star To.... well you know what I mean. Im waiting on them to get around to doing their version of the coneheads based on their seeker design. I would be so all in on that if it were to happen.

• Like Like x 4
  11. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Hey guys, is there a KO of DS Starscream and/or it seekers?

12. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Couldn't really be summed up better. I have always found that with TE/DS/Star Toys. Excellent figures but always feel like imposters and not because they are unlicensed but because they dont genuinely capture the character. They look like fan art turned into a figure, not like a figure designed from the original art.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

Nope.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

_DSC9075.jpg

• Like Like x 41
  15. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    That post-processing you regularly apply to your photos sometimes gives a remarkable comic-book effect. This one in particular looks more like drawn art than a captured image. Nice.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Thanks very much. It's the poster edge filter. I also like playing around with the film grain filter as well. _DSC9074.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Somechump

Somechump Well-Known Member

IMG_20230812_101342.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  18. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Why in all these years never did one try to downscale MP seekers to Voyager size, like they did with Optimus.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Honestly, the prices they would ask for 3p CHUG scale, I wouldn't even bother. I would just head over to Walmart or Target and get the official. The big bucks are for MP scale (and detail) only!

20. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    But I don't like the official Voyager seekers. I prefer the old Deluxe toy to the new ones. Especially because they are too blocky and have too short feet. The Masterpieces get it right. But obviously they are too big for a Classics collection. So either someone downsizes the MPs or Hasbro does it right by doing a new version. And I think that might take some time, seeing as they put that ugly new Seeker mold even into Studio Series 86, even if it isn't accurate to the cartoon, like all the others.

• Like Like x 1