DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 SEEKERS (G1 MP Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

My trio are near perfect with only extremely minor paint blemishes.

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 1
  3. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

With all the add ons/partsforming crap and QC issues with these figures I'm beginning to feel very, very vindicated about my official purchases despite my minor gripes with them. Not that I was insecure about purchasing them in anyway.....just sayin...

4. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Totally get where you're coming from, so not saying you're wrong. But I love these guys so much that even with the issues they have, I am far happier with them than I would be with the officials. All the issues they do have, you can't see from 2+ feet away, which is how I'm normally appreciating my figures... On the shelf.

And since I'm keeping my MT seekers, if I ever want to flip a jet back and forth, it will be those and not the DS. I didn't even bother transforming DS Thundercracker and Skywarp.

And while the partsforming bits are a neat option... I still prefer not using them.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    The partsforming add-on’s are just that — addon’s. They’re not essential to the figure and are free. You could throw them away or give them away or pretend they don’t exist. They’re free.

Also, even without the addon’s, DS’ seekers are still the cleanest on the market. Much much better then the quesadilla/origami wings on the officials back.

The paint blemishes and some of the other minor things do suck. I don’t bend over backwards for any single one company, so I’m not excusing them; but I personally would rather have these three with their minor problems (which many will have remedied - mine don’t have any issues other than a super small blemish), than for own the officials with the huge amount of widespread issues they have.

Also. All of my DS seekers can actually stand up and I don’t have to worry about bumping the table and have them falling over or collapsing with a small breeze.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Optional Prime

Optional Prime Cereal Killer

Wait, since when are optional accessories a bad thing?
    You can always choose to ignore the extra back fillers (I know I do), as they are purely cosmetic extras, depending on your personal taste.

You're right about the QC/rush job issues though, that stinks. But then I don't really recall Takara's QC being stellar recently either...

• Like Like x 3
  7. malware5

Fair enough!

They just seem to have so many strengths and so many flaws as well.

All my officials stand easily so don't know what you're getting at there, buddy!

8. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The partsdorming add on isn't a necessity. It's a bonus. Like the accessories that come with the official.

But I'm glad that the official didn't have tons of QC issues at least. Like loose ankles, cracked fins out of the box...

• Like Like x 1
  9. malware5

You mean like these guys!

:D 

10. Honesty

News Credits:
    @malware5 -

I’m not a fan of the officials, and I bash them enough in this thread (I don’t ever in the official thread. That’s a little much for me lol) — so I’m not going to go into detail on why I don’t much care for them; but I *do* own the official Starscream figure and his knees and ankles are extremely loose.

If yours genuinely didn’t have any issues, and you’re happy with him/them, then I’m glad you got some figures you’re proud of. Other than the ankles/knees on the officials, there are just too many other things I dislike about them.

Gotta say though, their accessories and many faces they come with is pretty awesome : )

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have all three DS figures. No loose joints, no paint issues, and no cracked anything.

Is say QC wise they are on par with HasTak.

• Like Like x 3
  12. malware5

Cool.

13. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

I really like the accessories... Blast effects, specifically.

I saw someone made some for the DS seekers though so maybe I need to dig up that info and get those.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honesty

News Credits:
    @pezley and @transformer_78 make them. As well as the lower cockpit piece you replace (eliminates the “cut in half” look — not that it was ever horrible) and makes these guys that much more special.

Edit: I don’t want to leave out @Snaku if he makes anything for these guys either.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shoundwave

Shoundwave Well-Known Member

Some people have had issues with their figures leaning or not holding poses on their officials due to the loose ankles and/or knees. The DS has its flaws but none of them involve stability with standing or posing.

Yeah, that cockpit piece being broken doesn't bother me either, but the fact that it can be remedied by removing it and replacing it helps a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Is the QC better on DS Thunsercracker and Skywarp compared to DS Starscream (aside from the paint)?

17. PlatypusRhyme

PlatypusRhyme Well-Known Member

Did all TCs come with the add-on kit or only from certain retailers? My TC from baba didn't have it.

18. Shoundwave

Shoundwave Well-Known Member

I think maybe the Skywarps had some looser knees, but it wasn't prevalent afaik. I checked mine and the right knee seems looser than the other two...but it could just be my imagination. It does feel like how the joints feel on my other TT figures, rather than Crimson Wings where it was super tight.

I think ShowZ definitely offered it in their orders, and maybe another retailer like TCP? Definitely ShowZ, though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

I have all 3 and love them for me I have had very minor issues (a few sprue marks and the odd paint scuff) some have been less fortunate and have had parts missing.

Overall my favourite mold from last year.

• Like Like x 3
  20. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I only had a couple small paint scuffs on TC. Starscream was perfect. Haven’t got my Skywarp yet.

I remember cancelling the official preorders after watching Bobby’s video. The floppy knees killed any interest and seeing actual plastic cracking, was not gonna pay 130 CAD plus extra for that.

• Like Like x 1