DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 SEEKERS (G1 MP Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

I’m still considering getting this guy… is there a consensus that he’s straight up better than the official MP?

how about transformation wise? Is it a hard transformation? Frustrating? Any breakage issues?

thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got this email too, but what are the actual coupon codes?

3. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything except the transformation is better for most. The transformation needs to be done in a very particular way otherwise it’s frustrating.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

went ahead with those back pieces because of the discount. For that price it was a why not

• Like Like x 1
  5. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    I don't see as big of a need to get the back pieces for the DS seekers as I did with getting Jimmy's back plate for XTB Menasor, but I like them and think they look great for what they do. I want to see confirmation that they are in fact a DS product (cuz I'm not sure they are) or that the paint has been matched to be perfect with the three sets of colors. Also, where is the set for Skywarp?

20211202_210615.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

The problem is everything is already on preorder for me so they don't work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they are the same price as your PO’s can just cancel and reorder with them. Should be able to use the points from the cancelation to not spend anymore on the deposit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. caudex

caudex Box Damaged Item Mint

Totally

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Still undecided if I'm going to get this version of Starscream or wait in the hope they'll do a toy coloured one. I'd really prefer a version coloured like the toy with darker grey and blue, but I also hoped for a toy version of TE's Mirage and that hasn't happened....

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  10. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

A v2 with a darker face might tempt me. As I've said before I'd 100% buy a ghost version.

11. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Me too! I was gonna ask about it in the ShowZ thread but someone already did so I'll wait to see if there is a way we can.
    I'm not seeing the benefit though. Unless someone preorders with the current price it's worth it, but they've already raised the price so canceling and buying with the coupon would just put it back to what my and other people's POs are already at.
    This seeker mold has been a hit so it would make them more money by just changing colors, I'd like to think they see that and give us more characters and versions.

12. SegaSnatcher

SegaSnatcher Well-Known Member

Hadn't messed around with this figure for awhile, but last night I decided to check him out and I noticed that randomly his right shoulder area became loose. I haven't even transformed him yet and have kept him in a neutral pose since I got him like a month or two ago. How does that happen?

EDIT: Nevermind, someone posted the fix. Just needed to tighten the screws in the shoulder area a bit more. Thanks!

Can someone explain this upgrade kit? Is this for people who just want their figure kept in bot mode?

{[Pre-Order] SY-01 Upgrade Kit for Deformation Space DS-01 Starscream}

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    It can't transform with it but easily snaps on and off so while in bot mode it makes him more toon accurate and does a very good job at that. So with how easy the parts go on and off, it's not something that will restrict you to bot mode only.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

It was worth it to cancel the back accessory and re-order it using the coupon. I'm one of those guys who is going to leave Starscream in robot mode from now on.
    ShowZ total.jpg Well, you'll at least go from $18.99 down to $15.99 by cancelling and using the coupon at this point.

But for the full size figures, the price has already gone up $5 or $6 from initial pre-orders so it doesn't make any sense to cancel those and use the coupon. If you did order Starscream and were on the fence or procrastinating about ordering Thundercracker and Skywarp then the coupon does allow those latecomers a chance at a price close to the original PO. There seem to be plenty of members here who post "hey dudes, I forgot this was coming out and didn't pre-order in time" so ShowZ may lock in a few more customers with the $5 coupons.

• Like Like x 1
  15. imest

imest Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to that post with the fix? I have the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SegaSnatcher

Its simple, just get a small screwdriver and carefully tighten the three screws located in the back of his shoulder.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Just be careful, I took mine apart and the amount of threads that actually engage are pretty short with the thickness of the hole in the shoulder half they go through. I'm surprised they did this because it becomes very easy to strip threads at that point and is somewhat the case on mine. The threads were partially stripped and I could only get a tiny bit more pressure to snug the shoulder but I know it wont last as I mess with him so I'm getting longer screws because the posts inside can fit a screw that's about 3 times as long.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SegaSnatcher

Update us if you buy those longer screws and how well they work.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SegaSnatcher

I preordered that upgrade kit after seeing this comparison. Definitely a noticeable improvement and with the coupon and points it only cost $15 shipped.

59209c82b9014a903a94e456ec773912b21bee6f (1).jpg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

You sure that's the right upgrade kit? Looks like the $49 homemade one not the $19 kit.