DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 SEEKERS (G1 MP Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I have MP-52 and really like it. But I will probably get this too. I like my comparisons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot take: having now seen all the pics I think the only area where this beats MP-52, for me personally, is in it's size. I'm just not keen on a tiny Starscream.

For everything else I prefer MP-52, which surprises me. I normally hate faux parts but Deformation squanders the good will it earns avoiding a completely fake cockpit by having the two fake pieces so visible on the bottom of the plane. The neat little transformation ideas (arms into the legs) also fail to pay off given the overall "meh" ness of the jet mode which is a shame.

So, yeah, I'm still looking forward to having DS-001 in hand and it's size is likely to make me pick it over MP-52 but it really isn't the slam dunk the early robot mode pics had me hoping for.

• Like Like x 7
  3. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    It is pretty much that way. I like the size of this DS more. And the overall look of the bot mode. But I expect I’ll at some point I’ll end up picking up an MP52 so I can compare them for myself and decide which one suits me better

4. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is this for real? Even though they look so ready to release, why would ShowZ be displaying a second batch release date when the first hasn't gone out? I just assumed for one reason or another the date got pushed back.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Because, the ALQ sold out.

6. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I asked in the ShowZ thread. I would prefer sooner then later. If they are on schedule with first batch, it just looks a little weird to put a later date up when the first hasn't even gone incoming or anything. Now, if it were a pushback on date I could see that maybe they realized after getting such a good early reception they need to ramp up production to fulfill orders or make for damn sure they get QC right. If an extra month makes things perfect then I can gladly wait.

7. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

8. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Barely visible fake cockpit pieces and you seem to be glossing over the absolute mess that is the underside of MP-52 which covers its "sins" with an equally ugly flappy thing. Fairs fair, its cool to have personal preferences based on nothing logical but when doing a comparison like that you should be completely objective.

I actually like how MP-52 looks from the rear, its kind of mean looking but I hate seeing the blue from the rear wings in there, I cant beleive they couldnt just fold them up inside the legs. I dislike seeing the wing sliders on the DS from the rear and though clean, it looks a little bland imo.

In terms of value you cant argue with the DS though we havent seen the quality of the item on large scale yet but then look what happened with TT MP-47. I think the MP-52 cost moves it from something I can fiddle with to a shelf sitter as would be scared of breaking it. Also the addition of the stupid "gerwalk" mode seems to annoy the crap out of me, just so unnecessary yet would have come with engineering compromises like the hollow knee joints

• Like Like x 4
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Can you digibash the other Seekers ? :D  ( just kidding these seekers are like my little ponies )

transformers-more-than-meets-the-seeker__scaled_800.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  11. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Man this is gonna rock my socks off.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  12. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy there kid, I first of all included the caveat of "for me personally" and secondly I'm fully aware of MP-52s shortcomings, I'm simply pointing out that DS-001 dashed the hope I had for the plane mode. MP-52 looks crap from the side in plane mode, sure, but the outside of the calves don't look as unfinished as they do on DS-001 (which also has an unsightly screw/washer showing) and despite the flap MP-52 uses to hide things, DS-001 STILL hangs as low on the underside with a similar clearance from the ground. Like I said, they've not gained much from using the real cockpit.

Finally, as stated, I have DS-001 on pre-order so I can make an informed judgement with one next to the other - and I'm likely to pick DS-001 because its size trumps all its shortcomings - but that doesn't have to mean I have to love on one and hate on the other. Plenty of grey areas (literally on this figure) to consider.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    U need to do all these again in G2 colour...
    Then the 3rd time call them shatter glass version...

14. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's an incomplete list! Wheres all the thrust and dirge variants :p 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

You know, it's funny how at the beginning of the year I was planning to use these three faces for Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp respectively, and now I'll be using the same faces for the DS seekers. It's almost like this was ordained by Primus as my destiny, I just didn't know it at the time.

16. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Thanks for info.

Will be fine - they can be his muscle and stand behind to the sides with MP-52 in the middle, smirking away like "come and have a go!" :D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

You seem to have taken offense where there was none "kid", I was merely replying and using your point as a springboard for my own.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't exactly be unrealistic for a short little chonkster to have some tall, lean bodyguards.

[​IMG]

19. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

man i'm kinda conflicted what to do i have maketoys thundercracker and skywarp but seeing this guy kinda makes me wanna jump on board and the fact that maketoys starscream still aint available in a lot of retailers yet
    I feel like i'm at the point where i just wanna fuck maketoys off all together now even there coneheads which i really loved

20. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 2