DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Still not sure I need to replace my trio of Maketoys Seekers. But if the price is right I might check out at least Starscream. I want to support any new 3P, just so the scene doesn't wind up a Fans Toys/XTB duopoly at the MP scale.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

So, I do hope they change the face for Starscream. But after seeing those digibashes, that really is the perfect face for Thundercracker (to me). The thuggish, mobster voice he has in the cartoon fits that face very well.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I ignore scale.
    My shelves currently have a mix.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

As amazing as this figure looks, there is just something about it that looks less premium than mp-52.

side note, as someone that doesn’t bother with faction symbol stickers for my 3p figures, I think starscream might be the character they are most important for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

I agree but remember this is a painted prototype, you can see the resin in places. Its certainly more "basic" I dislike seeing the sliders on the wings at the rear but then again I prefer the kibble free rear overall. Coupled to the fact this will likely be $100 cheaper than MP-52 puts it on my radar.

7. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Eh, I'd say Hot Rod and Megatron are the characters that look most naked without a faction symbol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Very nice alt mode. It appeals to me more than 52, probably because it’s a bit more realistic. I’m two thirds of the way on board now - just need to see the transformation. If it looks enjoyable, I’m good to go.

I’ll echo what @Shin Densetsu said, gimme one in a toy deco.

9. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I really hope it feels as solid in hand as Op Leader. With many (usually official) MPs I feel like I'm handing a Sheriff Woody doll, whereas with Op Leader it's Buzz Lightyear all the way.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Price guide for this on TaoBao is 6XX Yuan. So ranging from US$92-US$107. Most likely towards the higher end.

Western retailers will mark it up on top of that so I expect from the expensive places $140, maybe $120-130 from Show.Z and the like.

Already pre-ordered and nothing here changes my mind on that. The Alt mode is a little chunky at the back but still sleeker than Takara's latest effort.
    At this stage, I'm thinking my MP-11 trio will be retired to the kids toybox, my Meteor Trio will go into alt mode and this (and his Seeker buddies) will take the bot mode space. Here's hoping they get to the Coneheads in a reasonable time frame as well!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it's the lack of cracks and backpack

• Like Like x 20
  12. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

God damn that jet mode looks better than the official !!
    Super clean in both modes !!

For sure, I'm gonna get this guy now, to replace my MT Meteor !!

13. Orion Ghia

Orion Ghia Co-Host of AARGH! MY OPTICS!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yup that's pretty much what I'm thinking. I have an really like MP-52 but he does have his issue (head's too big, weak ankles and knees, no waist swivel). This guy looks like he might be better buuuut too white. I really like the grey on MP-52.

14. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think my only real complaint here is like some of the predecessors are that the rear landing gear looks pathetic and under detailed compared to the rest of the jet.

15. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

I don't need new seekers.

...alt mode pics?

Looks at meteors pin head....

DAMMIT!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

I'm in on this as I skipped all MP versions of the Seekers, but I would like to see alternate faces, if there are any.

The only thing that throws off the likeness for me is how long and wide the jaw/chin area is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally! (what happened to the heads up @Liampope ? ;-) )

Feels like I've been waiting an age for this and yet I now feel slightly underwhelmed. Alt-mode looks slightly better than MP-52 in some areas, slightly worse in others (yeah, we all knew the vertical stabalisers were going to suffer due to the pins). Probably better overall but I'm hoping we see it fully painted to seal the deal (I can't quite tell from the pics so far). The shade of grey on the official is perfect imho so hoping this ends up close to that.

It ain't no MP-03, that's for sure.

So, what will this have going for it over MP-52? The price? Definitely. The finish? Unlikely, but I hope we get close. Lack of a full faux canopy? Hell yes. Size? Would like to see this side-by-side with an existing MP figure to gauge things (I know MP-52 sticks to the scale chart but I'd love Starscream to be able to look Megatron in the eyes). Stability? MP-52 tabs together really solidly but all that is let down by the ankles. Accessories? Show us some faces and a flight stand please!

This isn't a must-buy at the moment but I really do like what I'm seeing. Just needs to tick another couple of boxes for me before I start cancelling the remaining Takara seekers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, and once we get as far as repaints forget about the rainmakers. This is the one I want.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Futureye

Futureye Challenge gravity all day, every day.

Aa, finally alt mode pictures!

So, the magic behind the legs was the folding tail fins. Looks like they fold from three points.

So far so good. Now if they can get the qc perfectly right, the verdict could be -> Takara crushed!

I don’t see why not this can’t be better that Takara...At this point it has all the chances.

I wrote long time ago in MP Starscream thread that MP-52 has all the chances to be the best MP figure what has been released so far, if the qc is done right and it doesn’t have for example breaking plastic. Now that we have seen it has breaking plastic issue, it took some of the glory away from that figure.

Now this DS version has all those same chances to be the best MP size figure so far and now i will say this again...

Please no breaking plastic or some stupid bugs/mistakes! Make a good quality, solid figure!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    You're no poor man's anything - great work, and thank you.

• Like Like x 3