DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

Ever since DS-01 Crimson Wings came out of nowhere and surpassed my expectations, I feel confident that someone—perhaps Transform Element/Deformation Space—will produce a better looking Soundwave than Fanstoys.

• Like Like x 4
  2. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. jetrobo

jetrobo Well-Known Member

It looks like they painted over their Starscream - see the blue peaking out around the hands, and red peaking out from the hip flap.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Already looking better then the almost blue color.
    But i think they should wait till takara drops theirs. And try and match their purple.
    Bring on Thundercracker. Takara version is out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    I guess that’s one way to look at it

• Like Like x 1
  6. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Honestly if Fanstoys Soundwave wasn't a thing I'd still be happy with MP-13 but as much as I like my THF version of MP-22, Ultra Magnus is the one figure I look at the most and think a 3rd party company should produce a better one in this more toon aesthetic with more articulation we've been getting lately. With all the magic that happens with so many transformations I think it's time to get him away from looking like hes made from overly huge blocky shells. I know he's a big guy but all figures over do his proportions. I like what Deformation Space/Transform Element has done for Starscream Optimus Prime and Mirage with Blaster coming next but I'd like to see a Magnus from them or more specifically the designer Ironstar.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

I’m going to need some Deformation Space Coneheads please

• Like Like x 5
  8. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I'd still like to know why none of the KO MP-13 makers never did an anime color version? Seemed like an extreme no-brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    Because HasTak denied their request.

• Like Like x 4
  10. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I dont have any facts but I do believe a lot of the figures that get boxed as KO'S are from the same manufacturer for the original and just didnt meet QC standards, batches of seconds or worse. I know there are plenty that are manufactured as a KO from the get go but there are a ton that look identical to the original product and come with a blemish. If this accounts for more of what's boxed as KO'S then that could be why they've never deviated from the standard colors.

• Like Like x 1
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Idk about that, hard to believe that they would have produced such a insanely massive stock of QC rejects. Especially since those carbots are still available all these years later.

• Like Like x 6
  12. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

agreed. then you also get the ones that changed/simplified some internal piece, added ratchet joints somewhere, or added rubber tires that the originals didn't have. none of that would happen on a blemish orig figure, so that makes the odds even lower

• Like Like x 4
  13. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I guess a better point that I was making is there is a closer link between a lot of the KO's and original manufacturing. This is more evident with figures that have been released and too soon after the KO hits the market. Of course years down the road there wouldn't be rejects from HasTaks batches being sold but it happens and if the factories keep pumping out what they were making then they most likely stick to the build they were producing rather than taking liberties to change up colors for more toon accurate or other reasons.

If a factory paid to make the originals decides to continue production behind the companies back after the fact do we still consider them KO's? Lol, just curious. KO companies like who is producing the MP-52 one usually do better things for the mold and correct things also eventually giving us extra color options like what's going on with the MP-44 KO.

14. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I swear he never catches a break.
    Starscream 4.jpg Starscream 2.jpg Starscream 3.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  15. Manoftheyear2k

Manoftheyear2k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anyone that ordered initial batch from TF- direct still waiting for their shipment to arrive? Mine was originally ordered on 9/5/21, it got sent back to sender after spending 30 days in Chinese customs, and TFD resent it using the same shipping service again (China Post), even after I requested using a different shipper. Meanwhile my FT Stomp arrived from ShowZ in 7 days via YunExpress!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robbman

Robbman Active Member

This is probably the best 3rd party figure I've bought. I was on the fence for so long... I had the TTs on order, some MakeToys on order and was like... [email protected] do I really need more? Answer is yes, just yes. This guy blows everything else away! Is he too tall... yeah, a bit, but I really just don't care. I may sell my TTs and MTs and just go all in on these guys, however many repaints they want to do, especially if they do Shockwave's Brigade (then I can sell the MP11s I custom painted).

The way this guy feels in hand is just amazing... really friggin solid. Like I could chuck him at an intruder and other than paint chips still be able to transform him... except transformation is a wee bit of a beach, but not like XTB beach.

Also... price is astounding. Sure, I waited like three weeks... but $140 shipped... unbelievable.

Now I need to find some waterslide decals... reprolabels won't cut it for this one

• Like Like x 4
  17. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I feel for you brother, Mine was the same, returned 2 times to tf direct.
    Made it out the 3rd time. Took 2 days to get to the country. That was 15 days ago. No movement from inbound at all. Probably sitting in a metal cage somewhere in a warehouse, amongst the other thousands of parcels that not moving anywhere either.

But we are having a pretty bad time with our logistics/ Postal services right now.
    I don't expect to see my parcel until at least November, the way shits moving atm. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

It's not just the KO MP-13, but almost every KO. Apparently KO makers are no longer interested in doing anything else than Hasbro/TT have done. The rare exception is a gold MP-12 and a MP-10 in Ultra Magnus white and a SG MP-10 prior to the release of the original. And of course a few golden version.

But there are a legion of repaints that could've been done and that are very obvious. Just of the top of my head: Deepcover, Diaclone Ironhide, movie & marvel Ratchet, black Megatron & Megaplex, Shackwave, and many, many more. And it never happened. At least with the seekers they were announced by Yes Model, they just never happened.

Although it's not impossible that there are factory rejects or after hours production, this would only be a small amount of the figures sold as a KO. The majority are absolutely KO's made at a different time and with different moulds.

For example, I used to own three version of MP Tiger-track. The official one, the after-hours production version (released at the same time as the original in small numbers and mistakenly sold as an original) and the actual KO which was widely available. The first two are indeed the exact same mould, just differences in tolerance. But the actual KO that was far easier to buy than the after-hours product, differs in the mould. Not just tolerances, but actual differences like details being off and injection points being in different places (a dead give away that it's a different mould, because it means the plastic enters at a different point). The other KO Lamborghini I own, a G2 sideswipe, is likewise absolutely a KO. And the same goes for the KO wheeljack (who has rubber tires and thus is already a different mould).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Starscream is feeling sassy. IMG20211015184525.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Manoftheyear2k

Manoftheyear2k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, returned twice! That means I'll prob won't see it until next year, and I still got more stuff pre-ordered w then