DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 SEEKERS (G1 MP Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I did get some on my hands, tho I’m trying to spend some more time with gloves on to see if paint rubs off on those. Idk if it was a weird layer that comes off or the paint itself is this way.

2. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

All good.

3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, which is why I'm seriously considering just ordering a second. I'll likely get a better copy, and if it has its own flaws, hopefully I can cobble together one good copy and sell the other as an 'as is' copy to recoup some of the cost.

4. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait, what? No Cid?

5. evrdazed

evrdazed Well-Known Member

Not at all. Definite didn’t feel like bare plastic, but don’t feel like it was gonna fall apart. I have no complaints about the paint.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    It’s based entirely on the Midgar portion of the game which CID never appeared in

7. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ahhh, but they brought in the ninja girl from Wuta and you don't meet her until you have Cid, or is my memory fuzzy?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Day 21: The natives are starting to accept me as one of their own.

PXL_20210929_225440385.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  9. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Mine arrived today…no missing pieces thank goodness.
    E7230A4D-5BA7-4725-B451-A94340F45203.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  10. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Will say you guys were spot on for the box. The box is a surprisingly nice box :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  11. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Hahahaha!!! Me too! I bought it and pawned it off as a present from my little brother. It’s sitting in our closet now wrapped in a @ShowZStore wrapping. I had to tell my woman that, and use PayPal 4 payments of 35.00 every two weeks so nobody would suspect! LMAO. Let’s remember to share our joy (very late) in this thread around Xmas!

• Like Like x 3
  12. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    Look at how clean that is!! So,

This is what I will see you when I open it at Christmas! Awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I opened my copy late last night, after the 8hr drive home from working a 12 hr day, so I didn't mess with him too much. But right out of the box he is gorgeous, blown away by the aesthetics of this bot. Feels quality made. Smells...... Strongly of off gassing paint, oof. I guess I will pose him in my display and play with him in a few weeks. I've waited this long I can manage a few more weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  14. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    Best pic Eva!!

I’m waiting months to get to mine.
    I’ve been watching review vids and ogling others photos on this thread, knowing I have him unopened is fine. The media access to it helps me stave off the temptation to free him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Update on the paint, it feels less chalky now and nothing came off on the gloves when I used them. Seems he had some weird thin layer of something chalky on him that seemed like paint coming off. It’s possible the plastic wrap they have around him in the box contributes to it. I’m liking him more and more the less I have to worry about the paint.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually digging the colours used in DS's TC and SW. The blue is pretty good on TC, the purple could be a little more purple on SW (but it's impossible to tell with purple).
    I'm really glad they are going toon and NOT doing silver.
    I have MT's seekers and the light blue on their TC chest and waist is just weird and the silver on Skywarp feels really out of place with the other Seekers.

I like the darker grey on DS's chest intakes and the three little cutouts - it looks good on Skywarp and without it on TC that detail is completely lost.
    If they're going toon, then a silver colour should be left for a Toy deco or maybe a V2 deco like with TE Prime.
    There's actually a lot of cross-over in the ton colours between the three- the light grey on TC and SW is basically Starscreams body colour. TC's full-body blue is pretty much Screamers arms and feet. The dark grey on TC feet and arms is the same dark grey on the top of Screamers feet and Screamers head. TC and SS share the same red, TC and SW should have the same face colour, all three should have the same canopy...
    That's something that often gets lost with this trio, they don't just share a design, they have a fairly common pallette. SW is the most unique but even he has soem elements from the others. And that becomes equally important with the Coneheads as they start to use some of these colours as well.
    [​IMG]
    Also, I'm really hoping they've been thinking ahead with Coneheads. At this stage in the game, no company should be designing a Seeker without at least allowing for it to re-mould into Coneheads, if not designing all four moulds at the same time.

• Like Like x 3
  17. al0324

al0324 Well-Known Member

that was my experience. i didnt wait for “weeks” and put my grubby fingers all over it. you ever tamiyaed paint any models? the chalkiness reminded me of that. my guy was fine. you’ll still get issues w paint rub between two pieces if not careful.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DMTS

DMTS Well-Known Member

Got mine couple days ago and has been enjoying it. Transformation is complex but not to the point where it has to scratch / bend things at the risk of breaking using technique learn from several youtube videos.

My paint is ok, I play with it day 1 it arrive and I can see many others also reported similar experience with their figure and has no paint issue.

I guess the quality of the paint is inconsistent maybe worth to do polling to see how many has issue and how many does not as I can see people are generalising the experience of some as the entire release being failure, disappointment etc. That is just factually inaccurate based on what I've read on this thread alone and my own copy condition.

19. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Considering doing the same since I can’t seem to get a simple “yes”, “no” or “maybe” response from ShowZ for the missing parts.

20. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I just opened this guy. I've been collecting figures for a long time. From gi joes to 12 inch hot toys and custom figures, to minimates, to transformers. This has to be one of the most impressive figures I've ever had, factoring in the aesthetics and quality. An absolute steal at the price. I cannot get over how nice this figure is. I am very excited for whatever comes next from this company. Might order a second starscream to pose on the shelf in my office.

• Like Like x 5