DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. evrdazed

evrdazed Well-Known Member

I've transformed him 4 times, since getting him no waiting. Your millage may vary but I didn't get any paint transferring or scratching. I just took my time and was careful. I found that everything had just enough clearance. There are lots of tricks to get the needed clearance that are shown in many of the videos on youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice to hear for the transformation, But I’m more worried about paint coming off onto my hands. Chipping/rubbing from transformation is natural, coming off onto your hands isn’t. Did yours feel chalky when opening it?

3. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

I don't know what thread you've been reading...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Captain Cid

Captain Cid Harpoon Dragoon

Ebay:
    I thought FF7 remake was ok. The most disappointing aspect of it though was obviously Cid's absence.

5. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welp. This is the most disappointing figure I’ve bought. Not even KO’s need weeks to cure paint so it won’t come off onto your hands. What an absolute failure of a figure. They should have stuck to being unpainted like their prime.

6. nomolos

Well KOs don't have this level of paint and it's more that DS was rushing to get this thing out. It's was either make everyone wait another month to get it or we can have it on our shelves looking beautiful while we wait to mess around with it a lot. I dunno, I'm glad they went with option 2.

• Like Like x 5
  7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You’d be surprised how many KO’s (by this very company) are nearly fully painted. Should have waited for a well refined figure. I’d rather wait for a better figure to release than pay for a figure I then have to fix myself or can’t touch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nomolos

I dunno man. I'm sure someone will be glad to buy it. I don't get why letting it sit on your own shelf is more disappointing than waiting to have it in hand. The time frame is still the same. Seems kind of extreme to say it's the most disappointing figure ever. Did you own any G1 figures?

• Like Like x 4
  9. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I didn’t. I’m not a 40 something year old that looks for display pieces that never get touched because I remember that one guy from that one show. I grew up as someone who liked robots and transforming things back and forth and messing with figures constantly. Having it in hand yet not being able to touch it is way more disappointing than just waiting a bit longer for it.

10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

Just put it in the box and set it in your closet and forget about it for a week or two.

• Like Like x 5
  11. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hard for me to do with $130….

12. nomolos

Ok.

• Like Like x 3
  13. lordcryotek

Sounds like you got caught on a hype train and now that it's got a delay you're just getting off the train and walking.

• Like Like x 2
  14. nomolos

It's pointless. He already went into attack mode.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    One of my post was quoted and if you happen to fully read it the paint was fine upon arrival to me HOWEVER, it was handled by the manufacturer prematurely before the paint was fully cured. I wouldn't worry too much about it now seeing how long it's already spent in the mail for you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lordcryotek

Eh, @octobotimus has been reasonable in the past. I'm usually pretty impatient but I bought this for myself as a Christmas gift anyways, so it'll have plenty of time to cure.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    Just pre ordered skywarp and tc from showz. I hope DS has better QC with their paint and tolerances this time. I think they need to prioritize that over having a nice packaging when it comes to production costs. Still it's the best starscream mode out there. Looking at this starscream is actually making me reevaluate my collection.

18. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Simply frustrated with such a good figure having such a massive flaw. Apologies if it seemed like an attack, I just hate having figures I can’t touch.
    Hope so, right now messing with it with gloves on. It’s possible it had some weird stuff left on it before because I’m not seeing anything on my gloves yet. Made my hands feel very chalky tho.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't the end of the world for me but I agree. When it comes to paint; do it right or don't do it at all. I'm not a big fan of the chalky stuff they used on this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

I can only speak for the two copies I bought, but personally, I think all this “waiting on the paint to cure” is superstitious nonsense. I’m betting this figure feels the same way in two months as it does now. While it’s a fact one can easily scratch this particular paint application, I certainly don’t have paint coming off on my hands! Did anyone else?

My take is that this is the level of quality control you’re going to see from a third party company making Masterpiece scale bots at this price level. Some people get lemons, some get Figure of the Year.

• Like Like x 8