DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. jetrobo

jetrobo Well-Known Member

Has anyone identified a good paint match for DS-001's light blue?

2. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

How long does it usually take for TFDirect to ship orders -- or I should probably more precisely ask their local post office?
    My DS-01 seems to be stuck at origin post is preparing shipment sind the 17th.

3. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

I do suspect this first batch to be the worst. Transform Element Prime got multiple running changes between batches and I'm sure this guy will be no exception. Just file down some of the tooling for better tolerances, leave the null raid port unpainted etc. and I'm sure the ver.2 batch will be perfect.

• Like Like x 3
  4. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

looks ok straight from the back but not in favor or having double thick wings. the other covers look good and make it more clean and toon accurate i guess. not needed but cool. assuming these are molded and painted to good quality i might be interested and just leave off the wings if it bothers me from other angles....1 thing i like about the DS is it doesn't have double thickness wings like the mp52.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Mine is missing a part and terrytfclub is ignoring me. Does anybody have a direct contact for the manufacturer?

6. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

MP52's shit eating grin face sculpt with takaras darker paint really brings the personality out 20210922_171209.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You sure? I thought TE’s prime progressively got more QC issues as it went on.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's really cool. I think they overdid it with that central grey part (could be slimmed down) and I'd really like to see how thick it makes the wings from the side, but otherwise it looks great. I don't think I'll be getting one (assuming they're even available for purchase) but it's definitely a cool way of further cleaning up his back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

And TE mirage went from fixable first run to green feet second run...they don't have this immaculate track record people think they do

• Like Like x 4
  10. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I’m in the same boat, only ShowZ. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Showz said they went on a several day break for a holiday (up to today I believe) so that’s probably why. Wouldn’t surprise me if it extended to other sellers.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Except for that one green panel inside his right arm...

(sorry :D  )

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    That’s been reassuring since the 1st impressions were relayed here a few weeks back. It’s a big factor in my decision to buy it(leaning towards it unless a more preferable repaint is revealed for later).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I’d like to see G1 toy colors as you’ve suggested in the past. If they could do it without paint not only would it lend authenticity but it would also help ease the transformation.

Good to know! They’ve never let me down in the past so after five days of no reply I was starting to wonder.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Terry's daughter has some medical issues, and sometimes he has to close up shop for a few days when she's hospitalized. He hasn't responded to a FB message I sent him, so I'm wondering if she's in the hospital again.

• Like Like x 3
  16. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

According to their splash page on the website, ShowZ just took a 4 day weekend for the Fall Festival. I'd not be worried that they're ignoring your 5 day old e-mail at this point. Plus ShowZ after service tends not to acknowledge your request immediately. They start working on it but don't let you know until they've found the part. ShowZ was asking for suggestions a couple weeks ago about how they could make their process better and this was a common complaint. They get the job done, but lots of customers are more used to instant "yes, sir, we're working your request, sir" communication all the way. I normally wait a few weeks before asking again about the status.

Yes, I've had issues with sending Terry a note about a package and him not seeing it until after things ship. I've got some XTB parts just waiting at Terry's office for me to make another purchase. Hopefully next time he's able to match things up and send them out.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Or have green feet...

• Like Like x 1
  18. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Now this is something I'd like to see offered to Western sellers. It does fix many of my criticisms of DS-01. Of course it makes him even more of a parts-former. Wonder what the front looks like where the wing cover hooks over the top.

• Like Like x 2
  19. al0324

al0324 Well-Known Member

yup fall festival. our Outsourcers in china are taking the first week of october off. We ourselves just took a day or two off for the moon festival. So these few weeks, it'll be hit and miss with communication overseas.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SpaceshipBruce87

SpaceshipBruce87 Member

One of the reasons I went in for the first batch is that the early TE figures tend to be better in terms of QC. TE-01 later batches had more ratchets, an extra head etc but started to have more QC issues. I have a V4 and have a cracked foot slider, which I believe is not uncommon for that batch as well as more sprue marks on the plastic compared to the earlier batches. I figured that maybe they pay more attention early on to get more positive reviews and sales but then the QC drifts off, I’m not sure just my thoughts on it but still happy to have both my v4 TE-01 and DS-001 :) 

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1