DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I'm surprised he's sticking with Maketoys. Two options now that are covered with paint, and he's sticking with the option that's mostly unpainted. Guess he's not quite has much of a paint junky as I thought.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well he also said he didn't find it good paint, and that he doesn't like the ultra-toon look for Starscream even more-so than the rest of the cast.

That and considering how much Seekers alone have cost him in the past probably isn't a welcoming side to getting them all again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I don't think paint chipping has ever really been a big factor for him, considering he doesn't transform his figures outside of his reviews and often prefers the option that is more prone to chipping. But yeah, the other two factors are definitely true. I'd just assumed his love of paint would overrule them and cause him to go with a painted option, as he always gushes over paint.

4. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    That’s encouraging news. I guess some reviewers like it some don’t. I remember TE01 got a lot of flack too for lack of articulation and paint. But he’s still one of my top figures. I’m sure this will be one of my tops as well.

Yea I recall him making the complaint about paint on other figures. I was a bit surprised as well. I got my copy in but haven’t opened it yet. I had to pull the old “I’m not sure what’s in the package honey, it was for Xmas and my little brother bought it. But I know what it is.. when I do open it. I’m going to not mess with it and let the paint cure for a couple weeks until I’m ready to transform it.

That’s a strong motivator. If you’ve already got a 3 seeker crew. You may not want to necessarily go this direction. But I am all in at this point. I’ll be getting the repaints.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Furb

Furb Well-Known Member

Soooo he basically just killed sales for this guy for people watching him, not knowing his transformation skills but honoring his opinion as a reviewer.

The transformation does not suck, period.
    Yes, the rotation of the arms is a tricky bit, and yes you have do do it more than once to figure it out.
    Does it make it a bad transformation, no definitely not.

It all works, it all tabs in, nothing breaks. If you want simple transformation, stick with G1 or better yet, just buy the Robosen

• Like Like x 3
  6. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Transformation being good or bad is completely subjective. You are right, if you take the time to learn it then it's perfectly fine. The same can be said for Fuzz or Locke. I can do Locke with out a single part rubbing or hitting something else or a part falling off even with it being a QC hellhole. That doesn't mean that it didn't take me an unnecessary amount of attempts to get to that point where I fully understood the torso's 3 hinged system and where each hinge needs to align for things to work correctly. But still, everyone else has a right to say it sucks because it wasn't a simple smooth process.

You are also complaining about someone who couldn't get Studio Cell Unicron into planet mode. The only reviewer I have seen not able to do it. We know at this point what BSF's limitations are when it comes to Transforming a figure what he wants from a Transformer. Obviously, complicated transformations are not his bag and he has every right to say that in a review. It's just an opinion after all.

I'm in agreement with him here. The backpack is frustrating, like Andras feet, like Fuzz's arms, like Lockes torso there is no clear indication of where things need to be before moving to the next step. Lots of tiny movements of all the surrounding pieces until you find the sweet spot and then it sails through smoothly. That it not intuitive at all. I love this figure, enough that it's dethroned MP52 from display but that doesn't mean I would recommend it to someone who likes regularly transforming their figures.

• Like Like x 6
  7. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    On his review of Takara Starscream he said he didn't like it, now he said he not going to change the Takara one out?

8. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Takara one was a gift someone got for him. He didn't buy it.

He's not switching out his Maketoys.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

Iirc even when the mp52 was pre-release he said he had seeker fatigue & wasn't likely to swap out & start allover yet again

10. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maketoys is the worst one IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DrCalligari

News Credits:
    That's cool, it's good we all have options then.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I think tightness of parts is possibly blinding some people to what a great transformation this has - although it definitely does hinder the enjoyment. The way the parts all go together is really clever. I think maybe they had the tolerances perfect before the paint went on, and then the paint tightened everything up. I fully expect the process to get easier with time.

Also one thing that I really like with the transformation is that nothing ever feels in danger of breaking. With some complicated transformations I feel like I’m diffusing a bomb. This one I was pretty confident nothing was going to snap off, or even flop around.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

Just got mine. The paint chips just from looking at it too hard. Probably the most fragile paint job I've ever experienced. Other than that, the figure is great.

14. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. He reeeeeaaally makes that look difficult :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? BSF didn't break DS001 during two transformations! That means the figure is a smashing success.

He also recommended DS001 over MP-52 BEFORE he even did a comparison vid.

The reason BSF didn't buy DS001 is because he doesn't like the super toon look. Bobby doesn't buy most of the shit he reviews. It isn't a knock on the figure.

• Like Like x 5
  16. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

Every time I watch Bobby transform something, this always comes to mind...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  17. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    You are a brave man.

• Like Like x 2
  18. caudex

caudex Well-Known Member

Lol no. He's not some industry-wide mover n shaker. This toy defo ain't shelf warming b/c Bobby of youtube has nitpicks.

• Like Like x 6
  19. DrCalligari

News Credits:
    Nah, Bobby's a good dude and I trust him.

• Like Like x 2
  20. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits: