DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 SEEKERS (G1 MP Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  2. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this company produce a Soundwave.

• Like Like x 7
  3. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    Oh man, yes!! I think the main reason we haven't seen any 3rd party attempts ( the upcoming FT non-withstanding) is two fold:
    1. The Takara version (as admittedly dated as some aspects are) is just that good. Soundwave's naturally boxy design just fits that older MP aesthetic so well.
    2. Any 3rd party that attempts a Soundwave will naturally be expected to release the tapes as well. So now, you go from designing one figure to designing four (Soundwave, Laserbeak mold, Ravage, and Frumble mold). That's a lot of design, tooling, and money invested in a bunch of figures that may not sell well. It's almost combiner level effort and risk.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^This. I stood them together with legs straight.

5. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

I disagree Im afraid, the legends offerings from both Magic Square and Newage make MP-13 embarrassing by comparison, of course its 8 year old tech and we seem to be progressing at breakneck speed in regards to design atm, the things we are getting in legends scale alone was unthinkable just a few years back. Soundwave, Grimlock and even Shockwave deserve a 2.0, in my opinion of course.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KingSnarl00

KingSnarl00 Well-Known Member

I did your method and now the null rays are easier to plug in but they are still snug. Thanks :) 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Kulotsky

Kulotsky Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Is it weird that I kinda want to repaint the faces into a more toon accurate dark grey? Or is it already dark grey underneath the paint and I can just use some thinner?

8. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

While I love this the null rays are starting to bug me a bit the just seem to big and boxy I might see if I can put MP 03 or 11s on there.

9. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

MP-11s just peg in

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  10. Tetiobot

Tetiobot Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, I don't generally share opinions on figures whether I don't have to add anything more than what already said. But for DS-001 let me say a couple of things
    1) bot mode is solid. What i REALLY like is this matte finish over the ongoing gloss finishes of latest MPs. Matte finish gives me muuuch more the sense of a toy/toonesque toy which will remember my youth. I'm not in general a fan of toon accuracy but I'm enjoying the choice.

2) On the downside this matte finish does not give justice to the alt mode which has enough real-world panel lines/details. Probably I'll try to weather/repaint it.
    Transformation has some tolerance issues. Even following the "perfect transformation" youtuber (which solves the issue of wing rotation... manual is crap on this point), there is still the issue when folding the nosecone/head piece to the rest of bodyt from bot-to-alt mode. And I had to shave a little bit some pegs which were not entering properly in the holes.
    I think the paint application has not been "thought" correctly, you'll see some uneven paints in alt mode due to the fact that there has not been a correct study upstream. Even if you would go to repaint everyhing these will remain. Beside that paint chippin/flaws is almost everywhere. What a pity.
    Last but not least, lots (and let me say LOTS) of plastic eneven edges (poor quality of molding process? I have no idea if after molding these are shaved one by one manually... but it's terrible).

Probably before-covid I would have said that quality does not justify the price of this toy (which I'm happy with), but after covid we've been widely get used to higher prices and crappy toys.

• Like Like x 2
  11. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I seem to remember Shockwave cowering to Starscream in an episode where Megatron was thought dead..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    EDITED:

Both figures have slightly splayed legs in my pic- if you straighten them up it's still the same height difference.

OR, are you wanting to see Starscream still somewhat posed but Shockwave with his legs more straight to see how close they get?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  13. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As I recall Shockwave simply didn't argue much about Starscream claiming Megatron was dead and taking over- rather continuing trying to contact Megatron. He definitely didn't put up much of a fight though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Shockwave had his emotion circuits removed. He would've felt no loyalty to Megatron, nor any sense of loss. It would only be logical at that point to serve the new leader.

Edit: or is that the WFC version of Shockwave? Having recently watched G1, Prime, and WFC, I get some bios mixed up.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  15. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I s2g, if this figure is what gets me back into G1 MPs.... I have TE OP on PO.... I feel like I have to get a Megatron to go with them. And then a Soundwave, of course. The other seekers, why not?

• Like Like x 1
  16. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, if they dont push the date back again we will get Infinite Transformations IT-01 Megatron next month, still available preorders and I've heard nothing but good about it with the exception of parts discoloring at different rates for no reason.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I’ve seen transformation videos and it looks a bit complex. From user experience, how is the transformation?

If my copy of MP-52 cracks, I’m considering this or the KO version. But so far, my MP-52 is pretty solid. No paint chipping and the transformation in general, solid.

Bot wise and jet mode, looks solid as far as DS. I’m happy everyone has options.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jetrobo

jetrobo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  19. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Thundercracker is a lovely shade of blue

• Like Like x 2
  20. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

The MP11 null rays look really good. Would be perfect if they were all the same color to match DS-01.

It would be cool if an upgrade kit was released for DS-01 (and the assumed future releases of Skywarp and Thundercracker) with the following items:

— MP11 like null rays/arm guns for Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp
    — six pink laser blast effects for the null rays/arm guns
    — six thruster effects for jet and bot modes
    — additional faces
    — slightly darker faces for Starscream
    — Coronation Kit
    — Small camera Reflector
    — Small cassette player Soundwave

** This more than likely wouldn’t be feasible but some kind of clip-on chest missile effect

608ADA8F-6CF5-4A1C-8C59-4C8215E6B9ED.gif