DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 SEEKERS (G1 MP Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What you got to transformed into play mode and feel a form of satisfaction that you actually got it to work. Getting things to tab in isn't a pain it's just how they have everything has to be perfect is a little bit of an annoyance but once you have it in jet mode it's fulfilling. Now that I've transformed it once I'm going to transform it again to its robot mode and leave it there cuz that's the habit I have where I transform figures that are only important to the completionist and not really important to the playability once, and transform it back. Now I have a starscream.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

3. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Thanks! Its the Blu-Ray Official backgrounds for the 4k Release, I've attached them here for you.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  4. Abigail Barajas

Abigail Barajas LilithHam

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I'll be honest, I wish this figure was the size of MP 52, cause Tall Starscream doesn't feel right

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

He isnt tall, put him next to MP-36

• Like Like x 5
  6. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They are larger measuring at 6.16mm, just under a quarter inch at .241". The siege effect dont work with the null rays either unless you force them which they can stretch and fit on the O.D. but I.D. is too small

7. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hes still a hair short as far as I'm concerned unless you fake it stretching him a bit, but that means 52 is a midget. Honestly, I was worried that they were making Crimson Wings to be direct head to head competition with MP-52 and I was so glad when we got the first pics showing he was taller. Head to shoulders competition? All i know is MP-52 doesn't stack up!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's interesting that so many who have this figure also have MP-52 in hand. Anyone have both but is erring towards keeping MP-52? So far it seems pretty unanimous towards preferring DS-01.

Will have an official Thundercracker soon. Think I'll wait until I have all 3 seekers from both companies in hand. If DS happen to go bust/get shut down before they get to all the seekers I don't want to be stuck with aftermarket prices on the Takara + releases.

• Like Like x 3
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ah got ya. For the engine ports I’m thinking about just taking a little bit of paper and wrapping it around the blast effects to make them wide enough to fit.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

Ahh thanks pal!

• Like Like x 2
  11. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

TF-Direct canceled my order from this morning... Guess it wasn't meant to be.

12. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Awesome! Did you apply the paint with an airbrush? The application looks super clean.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HappyCryCat

HappyCryCat Well-Known Member

Very nice! Aren't you the one that made the TE01 neck extensions and chest inserts?

• Like Like x 1
  14. SegaSnatcher

SegaSnatcher Well-Known Member

Being an owner of both MP-52 and DS-01 I honestly can't think of a single thing about MP-52 I prefer over the DS-01.

• Like Like x 4
  15. SegaSnatcher

SegaSnatcher Well-Known Member

Yeah, but MP-52 is way too short. Just based on all the episodes of G1 it seems the top of StarScream's head should hit close to the bottom of Megatron's chin, maybe a tad under, but definitelty not to the middle of his chest.

Scream.JPG

scream 2.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  16. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is what I received from TF-Direct. Crushed box and what looks like a knife mark on the thigh.

So far, they've offered me 10 USD discount. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been asked already (thread really blew up), but is anyone else having issues with loose legs? One of mine just has absolutely no tension at all and flops when you move it around. Any easy fix to this? Thanks for any advice!

18. Venserlord

Venserlord Active Member

Which part of the leg is loose? I know the knee can be tightened by the screw in the lower thigh. Had to do that to one of the knees on my figure.

19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

That panel behnd the cockpit and red intakes is unpainted and thus bare plastic?
    [​IMG]
    Makes me wish even more that they hadn't painted it. That's (closer to) the colour I want Starscream to be.

Probably too much work to strip all the paint, find a match for the clear pieces and repaint those plus the red parts.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

The crushed box is definitely on them for not making sure it was packaged safely. The mark on the leg isn't anymore their fault than it is the person who delivered it. It's not like they inspect EVERY figure to make sure they are 100% perfect before shipping them out. I imagine the best they could offer would be a replacement limb? Though since they appear out of stock now, replacement parts are probably out of the question for the moment. I dunno, it's been a hot minute since I ordered anything from TF-Direct. So I'm not up-to-date on their aftersales customer service. My order yesterday morning for a copy of DS-01 (which was ultimately canceled) was the first order I'd placed through them in over 3 years.

In hindsight, I really wish I'd kept my original pre-order through ShowZ from June... OH well, I guess I'll wait and see if DS does a reissue with improvements.