DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Kulotsky

Kulotsky Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I'm in the same boat! So far I have this and a KO MP-36 Megatron (Magten), and now I'm keeping an eye out for maybe at least a Shockwave and Soundwave in the near future.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PXL_20210916_070256988~2.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  3. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The seeker war is in overdrive! Just saw ShowZ has preorders up for the KO MP-52 for $124 with a video in the description of an assembled prototype and the guy clickin' the ratchets of each joint. It says this year for release so maybe more fuel on the fire to get the other DS seekers sooner than later.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

The price wasn't really the deciding factor for me, sure it was a nice plus, but I just couldn't get behind MP-52's design. There were just too many compromises for so little a payoff.

• Like Like x 5
  5. arobichaud

arobichaud Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

After seeing the initial in hand images of this bot I was impressed and I had to order him. A few weeks back, after getting TT Starscream, I felt like that was the best Starscream out there and I was bought in on the mold for the other seekers and have them on pre-order. However, after getting this bot in hand yesterday, holy cow, he's fantastic. I'm hoping they'll put up pre-order for Skywarp and Thundercracker soon, as well Sunstorm, Acidstorm, etc. At this point, I don't know what to do with the pre-orders for the TT, because I like this mold so much better. The sense of presence, the color, the paint, it's all so good! Everyone has taken such great pics on this board, but seeing him in person, the size and design really sinks in how much he looks like the Cartoon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's this one. I'm not sure if it's available anywhere anymore. It's not a great fit but it has a spring loaded grabbed and I angle it upward and put the little arms behind his thighs going up into his butt :confused: :p 

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  9. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NSFW!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can hardly believe that the MP52 KO will be worth anywhere near as much as DS-001 as far as what you'll actually get. But options are good.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Same here, I wasn't even considering price when my mind was made up and DS' price hadn't even been announced at that time so I couldn't use price as a deciding factor. I knew it would be cheaper than Takara just didnt know by how much so it was purely about the bots and with every new pic or bit of info DS continuously looked better while I was slowly seeing more and more things I didn't like about MP-52.
    I think the price is a little high for the KO. I was thinking it would come in around $100 even but I guess not and also what's not so promising for anyone going this route is normally when a KO is made to fix some known problem areas it is mentioned in the description, but so far it doesn't say anything regarding its construction so I believe it is a 100% one to one KO without changes to the mold.

• Like Like x 1
  12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

honestly i kinda wish we got a g1 toy or g1 boxart even deco of an MP starscream. can't believe takara never did it. DS, if i can influence you at all...please do it! the dark blues of the starscreams of my youth were definitely cool to me and to me the box art is iconic...even though screamer has black thighs. i would snap a toy deco up in an instant.

yellow/gold eyes, black thighs, tampos everywhere, dark blue instead of light blue, a blue nosecone, actual shin thrusters!

• Like Like x 2
  13. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

Same. But I would actually want some tweaks so it wasn't so soft looking.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not MP scale but there's Newage's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Imagine if DS releases that deco? *swoon*

I'm really looking forward to seeing if they'll tackle Coneheads. I would love a decent Thrust. (that's what she said)

• Like Like x 2
  16. jimmyh

jimmyh TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I am glad to see there are others who understand this game. It doesn't matter how much you spent. If you sell something for money now, you are gaining money. Not losing it.

I just bought this figure to display MISB. LOVE the box.

• Like Like x 1
  17. al0324

al0324 Well-Known Member

finally just transformed this guy!

i used the "deformation starscream perfect transformation" video for reference. Really dig that versions transformation method and made the whole process less painful.

Overall: not too bad? the wing's arm was tricky to start but once u figure it out, its easy. The whole "open the chest canopy first" saves all the headache of trying to pry open his arm/chest tabs.

It's actually enjoyable to transform, but the ONLY thing i did not like was how closing his intakes onto the red hinge felt super not great. its not like flipping a piece of plastic to lock. feels more like i'm just pushing the intake plastic to the side until it can come on/slides on. FT Koot had issues like that. my wfc rhinox has issues like that... its icky. maybe there's a better way to do it?

landing gear cover is super floppy too.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    got mine today and he is magnificent. nothing floppy, no paint scratches, null rays went right in. reeeeeeeeaaaallly hope we get thundercracker and skywarp. looks great with IT megs too

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  19. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think down the road a bit this may be an option. Why not? It seems to be a thing to redeco Starscream a few times over while recoloring for Thundercracker and Skywarp. Not sure how they determine what redecos to go with but lately it seems simple for other companies to make a toon and toy version.

20. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a video showcasing the added ratchets of the KO. Who knows what else they're doing to it.

The good ol' days of cheap KO's was just that....good ol' days! Everything has gone up in price, including KO's. A carbot KO would go for $30-40, now it's $60-70. An MP-10 sized KO would be $90-100, now it's $130. Again, I blame Takara for raising their prices. Everybody follows suit.

• Like Like x 2