DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Testicules Prime

Testicules Prime Well-Known Member

Marvelous!

7C8D83A0-7402-46BB-8BC9-459AE11B9BCE.jpeg 7A58192B-F057-4568-930F-7DB5A3C6F470.gif

• Like Like x 10
  2. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Bigger than I expected. I still think the figure dominates all other MP Starscreams, seeing his size and aesthetic next to Soundwave I'm gonna have to pass. Slightly too tall and too toon for my collection. Thanks for the pic, great looking figure enjoy!

DS looks amazing! A bit too tall for my taste also. I guess for now I'm saving $ and sticking with my MP-11s. I had Meteor too, just preferred the toy look of MP-11.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

I'm still on the fence as to which size I'll like more between Takara's and DS's offering. MP-52 fits fine in my collection, and if this didn't come out I was perfectly fine with it. This did tho, so I bought it and will have to decide which set works best for me. I do worry that this is a bit too big overall, as he shouldn't be bigger than Soundwave, and the big test is how they'll compare to Acoustic Wave.

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Oh, I've got RC motor grease that I use (plastic friendly), and that was going to be the final treatment. But as Banjoted said, the sanding down will definitely help overall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

I don't know that anyone is going to notice the size next to Soundwave unless they're next to each other on the shelf. I guess some people will have that issue. I am not among them.

6. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Does he get shorter if you bend his hip joint (the one above the thigh swivel) sideways?

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

He does, but only when they are swiveled all the way out. Even at a diagonal, they pretty much hold at the same height. So, if you're one of those planning to "hide" him behind other figures, I suppose you could get away with that if you wanted. But honestly, it doesn't look like it drops his height by much (which maybe that's the right amount for some people).

Personally, I'm fine with his height. Looking forward to the other two. Also...I wouldn't mind seeing a version that isn't painted head to toe.

8. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

I can’t find them to buy hava

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

For those who have received this figure: Does this have any of Transform Element's infamous "Version 1" QC problems? Anything that SCREAMS "they'll need to fix this for the reissue"?

10. Destron1

Destron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far all I've really seen is some minor paint issues, but nothing deal-breaking.

• Like Like x 1
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is the transformation at least complicated but smooth/enjoyable kinda like MP36 or is it just complicated and annoying to do?

12. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Complicated, and not smooth ahaha. The clearance on the wings and arms are a bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kangta13

kangta13 Member

Ebay:
    Yah add the grease first, then "key is to twist in left and right. No sanding needed trust me. :)  When I tried to push in straight feels like it doesn't go in at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kangta13

kangta13 Member

Ebay:
    Nope this does not feel at all like TE-03 version 1 or other. It's good, that's why you see a bunch of people fanboying it. :) 

15. kangta13

kangta13 Member

Ebay:
    Yah true it will, but it doesn't feel like anything that will break, and I don't plan removing the gun missiles that often. For me more scared of having to scrape away paint. Definitely a consideration long term though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well that’s lame. I’ve tried focusing on transformers that I can mess with and transform without wanting to chuck it at a wall.

17. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Already done sanding. :D  Still added the grease to make it easier. But yeah, the only way is to twist in cases like this--you could tell right away they weren't going to push in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kangta13

kangta13 Member

Ebay:
    The transformation is not smooth, and the issue is the 3 out of 4 youtube transformations that were out, were sort of wrong, causing issues when the arms need to fold behind, or with the wing clearance. MP36 there were parts where you feel like the panel flipping can break the plastic. During the DS transformation I didn't feel anything would break easily. You do need a spudger, it will make things alot easier. It's complicated and not smooth, because you're trying to avoid the scratching while everything is moving around floppy. Clearance good if you do things in the right order. But if you don't that's where people are going to try to force things. They last part of tabbing everything in took the longest because I had forgot to take "one tab and flip it out of the way on the back of the knee. So that was my fault. There is maybe 2-3 parts where some of the youtubers don't show you where to apply force correctly to move things. like with the cockpit sliding in and down. This is probably one of the better youtube videos
    to watch, i would use this one and also prime vs prime both during the transformation.

• Like Like x 2
  19. kangta13

kangta13 Member

Ebay:
    :eek: .. sanding! lol oh it works! :D 

20. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

Transformation was a bitch. Hope Spike is happy with his new ride.
    05F8BE24-8528-48CE-9985-29F6DE89B5BB.jpeg

• Like Like x 8