Definitive World of Warcraft thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kickback, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Data-mining.

It's when you have a program that's able to read the WoW code and look at things that are "in the files" but aren't active. Those race-class combinations were recently ammended in the last patch to the game. They're on file, they can be "turned on" at any moment, they're just not active.

Same for the a few of the quests.

The new races are based on the fact that Worgens have always been "one face" in their animal form, yet, for Halloween last year, they were given a specific face-mask for females which wasn't present before. This leads them to believe that, along with a WoW Designer quote stating that they'll sneak "future playable races in to the game periodically through other mechanics", it's an assumption and a relative safe one at that.

The "lore" and the storyline stuff is what doesn't make sense. But the quests that have appeared with this last patch for Tauren and Night Elfs where they question their beliefs and that "maybe it's time to change" lead one to believe that it may be the "window quest" in to the new playable classes for old races.

2. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

I'm throwing out a little conspiracy theory here, but does anyone think it's odd that this massive pile of information was just included in a minor content patch? Maybe Blizzard added a bunch of bullshit tidbits to mess with the community and the data miners that feed them.

Just saying.

3. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be the first time they allowed for speculation on something new, just to keep people talking. New dances, anyone?

4. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

all it does is just keep our interest but if true it would be great to be able to fly over the main continents.

5. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

If you're Horde there's a Tauren right next to the portals in Dalaran with a quest that sends you to Thunder Bluff which will lead to 2 NPCs talking, and one of them seems very interested in the Light.

6. Hound_Dawg

I agree, I mean I can see why they held off for so long. But if everything is going the way of mass distruction, some of the areas meant to be left alone by players shouldn't be an issue any more. that and we spend so damn much gold on those flying mounts they should be of more used then Outlands and Northrend

7. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

When the Blizzcon happened that finally gave us all the Wraith info we wanted, it was the same thing. But Blizz themselves have said they are not fan of Data Miners and do put FAKE info in patchs and such to play with the Data Miners.

8. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Ok, where did they get the whole bit about modern day hyjal finally opening, destruction of ogrimmar etc.? Just fanboy wishing?

9. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Have you not read the news? Most of these irl WOW deaths are happening in America!

10. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Actually I'm 25 Armadajetfire and I don't appreciate being spoken to like that. Let's face it only in America has a constitution not been rewritten for a new day and age, only America can not be trialed for wars of terrorism, and only in America do you get such a high gun related death toll that's not classified as a war zone or a third world country. Let's face the facts America has the most screwed up percentage of people in the world. More so then any other continent on this planet and you try to blame others in other countries the WOW death rate stands at this.
    8 people have died playing this addictive and boring game, 2 commited suicide and 4 didn't bother eating or drinking for more than a day 1 was murdered by other WOW players. The first death was in Koria and after that there have been 1 death in Australia and the rest to my understanding is America. So the main question is why do Americans feel that if they lose in the game or get addicted so badly feel that they have to kill the actual player irl or kill themselves?

11. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's unfair to blame an addiction on the game. It's even unfair to blame an addiction on narcotics. Addiction comes from within, being addicted to something is only a means of an outlet or an escape from the real problem at hand.

I urge those that have an addiction to something or if you know someone that has an addiction to seek help.

In general suicide rates, the US is only 11.1% while Australia is 10.9%.
    List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, it's time to end this topic and get back to WoW itself. If you're not a fan of WoW, I respect your opinion. Please allow us to enjoy our time as we see fit. Thanks!

Who do I message for the tfw2005 guild?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  12. Frank Horrigan

Sources please.

Because so far you sound incredibly ignorant. Also, just to throw this out there, 2+4+1 does not equal 8 aaaaaand If only 2 people out of the multi-millions that play have committed suicide, then WoW is a life saver. The suicide rate in most countries is much higher than that.

Also, before you attack me for it, I'm not American.

13. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Sorry i was writing what I saw and I must of accidently hit 4 instead of 5. But don't you think those rates re quite shocking as it is and main of it all is from America. So what because you have an addiction to playing the game as well who are you going to blame the people who made it okay we are collectors collectors are to be considered addicts to one thing or another so what we blame all those different companies that made it. Blame is shared towards every one that is fault and this is including the consumer as well. They knew what was the possibilities of playing this game they know just like so many other games out there this is an addictive game they are to be at fault just as much.

One gaming designer who worked on it is regretting it as we speak as her 6 year marriage has gone down the sink because her husband who she had known the guy since she was 13 had gotten addicted to the game and wouldn't leave the computer because of it. If you have an addictive personality then it's your fault but what about the gun tooting Americans who killed that one poor guy and threatened his sister if she ever went on the net to post what they did or tell the police they would get her as well? Who do you blame then. The game and you know what that guy did he was just following the rules of the game kill some one's character collect these special items and crap.

It's time game designers realised that the world just isn't mentally ready for a game like this not one bit at all.

14. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Do have any sources to back up any of these fantasies you are making up? Honestly? You have no idea WTF you are talking about. 99% of the crap you are posting sounds like some sort of anti WoW retoric crap. When did you talk to or read about this "game designer" whos marriage fell apart? No matter what is said here, you will cling to your fantasy ideal that WoW is the great Satan of online games backed but an army of gun "tooting" americans. You know what, if thats what you and your drunking shrimp eating reformed criminal countrymen think, so be it. Now GTFO and as I said before go peddle your crazy shit somewhere else. Us addicts want to talk about our smack and get high.

15. Frank Horrigan

Oh man, either you are the world's most amazing troll...or you are in need of some education.

16. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The moron was removed from the thread.

17. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Intrestingly I couldnt find any reports of american WoW players comitting suicides over the game. I would really, really, really be intrested in you (Grimlock_King) post facts/links/reports that back up your claims about WoW. Post those and then you can a serious discussion about the failure of WoW. You have trolled this thread long enough, now its time to put some real concrete proof up to back up your "well my sisters husbands cousins boyfriends uncle told me" type crap. And if you cant provide any of this, then leave. Just leave this thread. No one cares about your "opinions" on this game.
    Poop in after /gkick :lol 

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

anyone going to blizzcon? ordering it on Direct-TV? or stream?

$40 to watch it online...but the pet looks so damn awesome lol

19. Hound_Dawg

I think this is going to be more Fanboy wishing, based off the information datamined. As I understand it, some of the areas of Hyjal may be needed to fully support the Wargen race. But, I am speculating.

I follow the news quite closely, thank you. 3 deaths were actually in Korea, and they were Starcraft related, not World of Warcraft. 2 players refused to eat during a tournament, and one was an infint that was not taken care of, while her parents were playing at an internet cafe. As for American suicide rates, and even murders as a result of World of Warcraft? There may have been one publicized case that has forged Blizzard's Policy on Suicides and attemtps of suicides as reported in game. Only because until that point one didn't exist prior. You don't have hard facts you have made up numbers because you want to be right.

Granted, I will look for my sources on the above. Including deaths in america. But really it seems you have a problem with americans more thn you have a problem with a game.

Optimus Karnal, Azuremyst. I forgot his character name :( 

20. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

You know, I"ve been in a depression since dec, when I lost my job. Wow is one of the things that keeps my mind off of all the bad stuff. So there goes that for the statistic :)  .