Deco/Retools you 180'ed after getting in-hand

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Oct 26, 2012.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any decos/retools you were very unsure of, but upon gettin in-hand, you wound up loving? And vice versa... any decos you thought looked *GREAT*, but then in-hand you wanted to toss out ASAP?

Most recently I'd say both Combat Hero Prime and GDO Megatron here. Got CH Prime as the G2 Jazz looked damn spiffy, and well you had to get the 2-pack. GDO Megatron I got yesterday since it's love/hate nature would've made good trade fodder.

In hand... CH Prime's been wearing the Maketoys Battle Tanker since day one. The deco even makes the original head look good.

As for Megatron... I was kind of interested in shooting him versus a Tanker Prime before trading off... now I can't say for sure if I'll get rid of him!

I mean srsly... look!

[​IMG]

They pair up quite nicely.

But yea... post your own thoughts on figures you've completely 180'ed on in-hand.

Attached Files:

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    GDO Cliffjumper. I had no interest in it based on the official photo. After hearing Vangelus do his own 180 on it, I decided to give it a chance, and ended up really liking it.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Too bad Megatron's Decepticon symbol is wrong.

On topic, Gen. Red Alert was a much cooler toy in person than I initially thought after a friend sent one to me for comic reasons, and I appear to be the only man alive who thinks the Hot Wheels style Emergency deco actually looks cool.

Same goes for RTS Cyclonus. Only bought the BiS set for the Rodimus repaint (better than paying inflated prices for the original), but even though I had the first Cyclonus release the repaint is vastly superior. So I made him fill the "And His Armada" role as the first Cyclonus' subordinate:lol 

4. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with you CodeX. I initially only bought that G2 GDO Megatron because I couldn't find Hotspot and felt like I HAD to buy something to justify my trip to TrU. I wasn't expecting much from him, but after putting him on my Neo G2 shelf, I've come to realize that he was totally worth the purchase.

5. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered Prime AM Somkescreen. Then those close up shots were shown and i see those pegs sticking out of the back below the spoiler. Now i keep thinking i'm not going to like him.