Decimation

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Nov 11, 2005.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Anyone else pick it up? Thought it was an interesting read. Not great, but interesting.

Though the scene with Jube's did break my heart, and my eyes got a little watery. :( 

2. DevilzFan

Scene in question :( 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

I thought this one issue was better than most of HOM and I liked HOM. I didn't really care much about Jubes. She has not been used/written well for years, but it sucks that she is all alone. I loved the part with Logan (or maybe it James now) and Peter. I also loved how upset Emma was. It would suck if they do make her a traitor in Astonishing.

And last but not least SENTINALS!!!! Well them and really pissed off and armed normal humans. That's enough to keep me excited about the new mini.

4. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Meh...

I am still waiting for the action to hit in this "mega-crossover" HoM event. I am reading it, and sort of enjoying it I suppose, but there is nothing groundbreaking going on here.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rather enjoyed it. Reminds me a lot of X-Men Prime, the post-AoA book that caught readers up on where the X-Men were after things returned to normal. Of course, this was significantly better than X-Men Prime, which suffered horribly from a multitude of artists. Decimation was a much better book along the same lines.

The brief bit with Madrox and his team really got me pumped for the new X-Factor, can't wait for that one to come out.

I feel very bad for poor Jubilee and Dani Moonstar. Two very good characters there. Still, if both end up getting used in the future I can deal with them being powerless.

On a sidenote, I read New X-Men #20 right after this issue. As someone who utterly despises the Wallflower character, it was great fun seeing her hand get turned into beef jerky. :ev: 

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it. An interesting read and significantly better than the HoM series. I might actually get X-Factor and X-Men to see what happens.

Oh and Graham Cracker Comics has a few pages from Wolverine 36 up.

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/previewindex.html

7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Agreed. :( 

And that preview looks pretty cool.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

There's no way she could skate in those shoes man.

9. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Only thing I didn't like about it was Cyclops's personality. I mean, this is Cyclops, I don't care if his entire race is on the brink of extinction, he's not going to be talking like a sappy, love-struck ****** to his girlfriend.

10. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I am REALLY looking forward to the Infinite Crisis-style event that's invariably going to occur in a year. Everyone keeping it hush-hush that the Scarlet Witch was behind this whole catastrophe, mutants on the brink of extinction, the government getting involved in some very big ways...lots of nice setup here for the next crisis (which I really am expecting by this time next year).

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Let's finish Secret War, the last "earth shattering event" before we move onto another one.

12. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Is secret war in the regular or ultimate universe. I'm not reading it so I don't know.

13. DevilzFan

regular 616

14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Crikey, I'd almost forgotten about Secret War. When the hell does #5 come out anyway?
    After reading #2 three months after #1 or whatever, I bought 3 and 4 but never read them.
    Figured I'd just wait until I had the whole series and start from the beginning.

15. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    December 14th according to Marvel

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My favorite part of Decimation was the spread of Wolvie and Colossus facing the human resistance and Wolvie says "No tresspassing!" The part with Jubilee was pretty sad too.

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only pick up New X-Men, but danged if that wasn't the best comic in the series so far. Loved how well the writers captued the chaos in the Institute. As far as I'm concerned, X-Men: Evo writers can do no wrong.