Decepticons Fans and the Bayverse.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Dec 11, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

We still have to explain this? *Sigh* Just because they have to lose by the third movie, it doesn't mean they have to get their ass' kicked every second of every fight scene of each film. ROTF had a ridiculous fight in the forest battle. Prime was going to die there but still got to make every single Decepticon he fought look like shit. Prime didn't need to kill 20 Decepticons in a row in DOTM. It made them all look weak, slow and stupid. The end battle in ROTF was poorly done. Their are tons of places were the good guys could easily have looked less overly super powered.

2. soundwaverulls

This thread is for Decepticon fans. Please do not post in threads that are for specific people when you are not one of them.

3. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

They were great in the first film, second and third not so much. Also you forget that bad guys in Bay films all get their asses handed to them super quick to make the good guys look bad ass.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Starscream came off a little better in DotM, I think. Slightly more characterization than a 2x4, but then he got killed by Captain Whiner. He had more lines than the first two films combined, anyway.

Regardless, I should have felt something when Starscream died besides asking myself "Shouldn't I feel bad my favorite character died?"

5. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by how wussy all the cons are in movies 2 & 3. Even in 1 some of them go down a bit too easy.

It should be the autobots with masses of generics getting killed off to set up the badguys as a credible threat. As is, the supposed heroes just look like bullies.

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

This is a public forum were I can express my opinion as long as I am not trolling.

7. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

The Decepticons only started being portrayed as plastic in DOTM. In ROTF they weren't dropping like flies, they were just useless, never really achieved anything.
    And remember, Prime got his arse handed to him by Megatron in the first movie. They needed to give Prime some epic fight scene where it showed he wasn't useless. Otherwise people might've thought Bumblebee was the best fighter in the first two movies. Imagine that...

I liked Blackout and Barricade. Blackout was just really ugly and needed to die, and Barricade got killed in a lame way.

8. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

They were pretty cool in the first film, but the rest were just awful.... They never put up a fight, had LITTLE screen time, and died within seconds. They, like the last two movies, sucked.

9. soundwaverulls

You come in here and stated an opinion which everyone else will disagree with. Considering I clearly stated that this thread is for Decepticon fans, it seems like you came here just to annoy all of us. That seems a lot like trolling.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Every film had great Con moment, but you have to remember every second animating these characters cost tons of cash.

Maybe if animating the Decepticons was really cheap, then lame deaths would not be part of the movies.

11. soundwaverulls

That is no excuse! They should have kept a small cast with little to no generics.

12. soundwaverulls

That thought is a bit scary. People Thinking Bumblebee is the best. *Shudder*

Even though I like villains best I will admit that they needed to be toned down in the first film. Although Prime did take down Bonecrusher pretty easily in the first and looked pretty badass against Demolisher.

I think that the Forrest Battle should have been less one sided and not have Grindor. Megatron should be able to fight Prime and maybe call in Starscream to ensure Prime definitely will lose. Prime still could have had some awesome parts in the battle.

13. Sentinel527

Sentinel527 Combaticon

I like the designs for there menacing looks, I liked that feral side to the decepticons but i hate how they didn't seem much of a threat

14. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    I like the menacing angle of the Decepticons, but I agree they were taken down too easily. I think part of the reason for that is the fact that each storyline for each movie didn't connect; I was hoping for an Empire Strikes Backesque ending, where the bad guys win. I think you would've been satisfied with a fake script they had for TF2. The entire plot, I'm not sure if it's good or not, but for the Decepticons:
    -the Decepticons became immune to sabot rounds
    -the concept of disguise is used more as the Decepticons infiltrate the military
    -they severely(but not too severely) injure Optimus in the end.
    -more or less, they win.

I'm not saying that script was entirely good, but I think it did a better job for the Decepticons in portraying them as powerful and deadly, and not simply cannon fodder.

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Remember who Hasbro keeps as the main stars of the movies, the Autobots. So guess what? Decepticons will always be treated like punching bags. :( 

But I'm in it for the neat designs and whatever role they have.

16. soundwaverulls

Interesting. Can you post a link to it? I would like to read it. Although that is, if I can overcome the Christmas heat.

17. soundwaverulls

For starters, the films don't ballence the Bots with the humans right so no, you're wrong, the main characters are a bunch of disturbing humans.

For the Decepticons, they still could be improved by a smaller cast. Look at the first film. They only had a small group of Decepticons and they could fight. If they'd spend the bigger and bigger budgets on more screen time for a few Decepticons, instead of more and more of them, then they might start seeming like characters too.

18. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
  19. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

Yeah, as a Decepticon fan (but mostly Starscream fan) these movies really hurt.

Today I was standing in Walmart watching the movie on on of the TVs, and it was at the part where the Decepticons were rampaging through Chicago and blasting humans. I greatly enjoyed watching this scene.

It doesn't help that my parents like to tease me about Starscream in the movies either. Whenever they watch him fly off at the end of TF1 and TF2, they make sure to call him a coward. I try to explain that facing off against the Autobots alone/with only one other 'con would be foolish, but they don't listen to me. I know it's all teasing, but it really hurts.

Anyway, hopefully the fourth/fifth movies will treat the Decepticons better. I hope they bring Starscream back too......

Oh, and another thing! I absolutely hate how DOTM ends, with Optimus killing Megatron so brutally. I really wish they would have went with the idea of Megatron and the rest of the Decepticons leaving Earth for Cybertron, because then if the next movies focus on Unicron, there could be that Autobot/Decepticon alliance. It's fun watching them beat the crap out of each other, but I also like it when everyone gets along so there's no death among my favorites. Plus I'd love to see Starscream (if they bring him back, which they had better!) interacting with some female humans in a non-lethal manner......that would be amusing.

Also, there should be Decepticon femmes. Alice was cool, but she was killed off way too early in ROTF.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Look at it on the bright side.

When movie Starscream died perhaps he took that ugly design with him. With such a pitifully weak death at the hands of the no no no no kid who helped to ruin the Indiana Jones movie perhaps people will not want sorry excuse for Starscream back.

Now instead of movie Starscream we are only left with Starscream from Transformers Prime who can not only pull off a smirk but he's the evil back stabbing bastard we could only wish movie Starscream could have attempted.

Movie Starscream is dead, long live cartoon Starscream.