Decepticon army was beneath moon the whole time???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Final Knight, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't bother figuring that out if I were you, it's a better idea to invent you're own ideasfor these movies.

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    The one thing I simply can not understand is why the Decepticons, led by Soundwave or whoever, left Sentinel on the moon in the 1960's. How could they have known that Optimus, or any Autobot, would possess a means of reviving him 50 years later?

You'd think they would have taken him too. Even if they couldn't have revived him then, there would have been no reason to just leave him there at the time. Better to take his body and lock it away somewhere, right? And if it had been somewhere in the Cons plan to revive Sentinel themselves, all the more reason to recover Sentinels body.

It all would make perfect sense if it weren't for the part where Decepticon presence was observed on the moon in the 60s collecting the pillars. Without that, we could assume Soundwave just noted that Sentinel was on the moon and left the plan as dormant/incomplete until Optimus obtained the Matrix, leading to Megatron coming up with his DOTM plan between ROTF and DOTM. But given the timeline, that wouldn't work.

3. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I want to do some sort of Botcon fan video, where they interrogate Ehren Krueger in a hotel room about these things (humorously, I figure, kind of like the Joker's 'interrogation' video in TDK)

4. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    That is an interesting idea. Its not official info though. Also why would the Allspark follow the sun harvester instead of going back to Cybertron? If it was self guiding, why didn't it land in Egypt with the harvester?

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

Maybe the Harvester's magnetic siganture got distorted by Earth's atmosphere?

It really sucks ROTF ignored all the effort that Mowry made to connect it to TF1.

6. darklordoftech

This makes me wonder what, if anything, The Fallen knew about Transformium.

7. swooper_d

swooper_d Active Member

When I first watched DOTM, I thought they were rising out of cybertron and being transported to Earth via the space bridge, which would have made a lot more sense.

8. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    It still doesn't make sense that the Allspark would gravitate towards the harvester. The Allspark is far older and more powerful than the havester. They don't even do the same things, why would they be connected?

9. darklordoftech

The Harvester could have been designed to attract the Allspark.

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What a lot of shit all this supposed 'reasoning' is.

The films have massive plot holes and barely hold together as a cohesive story.

End of.

Just accept that and move on.

11. darklordoftech

Fans have the right to try to make sense of things. Just accept that and move on.

12. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

The Harvester was built to "refuel" the Allspark by using the energy from suns. The Earth Harvester was the last one ever built and that was built in 17,000B.C so the Allspark could of needed to be refuelled.

13. darklordoftech

Especially considering that The Fallen is the biggest bad in the Bayverse.

14. Bumble-beePrime

Bumble-beePrime Best Toronto Fighter, not

News Credits:
    Actually it would be a waste to use the AllSpark shard to revive Sentinel, since he wasn't dead...

15. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

Neither was Jetfire - but they used a shard to reactivate him.

16. Bumble-beePrime

Bumble-beePrime Best Toronto Fighter, not

News Credits:
    Who said Sam had a brain?

17. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    OK, since I read the topic this morning this one plot hole has been bugging me all day. I've been thinking about it, and this is the best I can come up with:

In the 60's when the Decepticons were recovering the pillars, they ALSO recovered the body of Sentinel. They had no way of knowing that Optimus would recover the Matrix and be able to revive him 50 years later, so it would only make sense to just take possession of Sentinel and stockpile away until they ever had a way to use him. Perhaps they took him to the Nemesis, by order of Starscream/Soundwave.

THEN, after the events of ROTF, the Decepticons realize the Matrix's revitalization powers, and come up with the plan to have Optimus revive him. So they go back and get the body of Sentinel, as well as some pillars to throw in to make it more believable, and plant them back on the Ark. At this time they also scrap together a bunch of Decepticon drones and weaponry, possibly some last remnant of an army from Cybertron, and bury them. Then, they finally set off the trap.

Best I can come up with.

EDIT - well, this won't work either, because obviously Sentinel was still on the ship in 1969, when Armstrong and Aldrin landed on the moon. Kind of forgot that big detail. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  18. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

Megatron not calling for all his troops as soon as he woke up isn't really an issue - he didn't have any means to teleport them directly to him at that point.

There was also plenty of time in the decades leading up to DotM, as explained in the first half of the film with the whole conspiracy thing, for the Decepticons to stage an invasion force there.

Since Megatron was inactive, Soundwave would have orchestrated all the logistics of it.

And Megatron already knew about the human species, even prior to TF07. The Fallen had been there. So having a plan to use them as slave labor even though he wasn't there yet doesn't pose an issue. That would have worked well even if he'd raised his Army on earth using the Allspark.

The real issue is that the plan wildly conflicts with RotF. If our sun had been harvested, there would have been no human workforce. Why would Megatron have implemented a plan that he himself would have been undoing with the help of The Fallen?

RotF's plot REALLY screws up the continuity of the movieverse - I enjoyed the action of the film but will continue to pretend that the events of that film did not happen.

19. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    The way I see it, if the sun harvester plan worked, then there would be no need for a human workforce. There would be tons of energy produced that would have recharged the Allspark (original plan) or helped to spawn the army of hatchlings (modified version).

20. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

Right. So if there was this huge elaborate plan of using the sun harvester, why spend 60-70 years setting up staging the Decepticons on the moon, in preparation to enslave everyone, if you anticipate them all being dead anyway?

Also....if the Sun harvester was made to refuel the Allspark, and the Allspark, at least as a vessel (the knowledge survived) was destroyed, what would have happened to all the energy the Sun Harvester collected?

RotF's plot was just incredibly compromised by the writers strike and there's really no way to make it fit in.