Decent alternative to FT-10 Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sportimus, May 14, 2019.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was always curious about the height compared to MP-10.

2. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

I expect them to be better. Their MP KOs usually improve on the the figure, sometimes massively. With siege Jet Fire there is an opportunity to make some serious money. If they can OS it and add a premium feel they can really fill that need for an MP Jetfire for people who are unlucky in getting Fans Toys or who just don't want to spend that much money.

I am getting the Hasbro version for sure. I don't think I could be serious fan of Transformers as a whole if I did not rewards such a glorious evolution of the mainline. He is tall enough as is that I may be happy with his size. My MPesque shelf isn't a slave to scale anyway. I'll probably end up getting the OS when it happens as well though.

One thing I have been wondering is how much of siege Jetfire might make it into an actual MP. If they can recycle a lot of that design work it might be a no brainer for Takara.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I actually prefer Kronos' size to FT's. In the toon, I don't recall him ever being twice Primes size. He seemed to be more along the size of Kronos.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    Pretty spot on.

[​IMG]

Makes Phoenix look an inch too tall.

5. Mentasm

Mentasm Human Germ

When it comes to scale in the G1 toon, you can pretty much find a shot that will support any argument.

[​IMG]

Here he's clearly taller than in the previous pic. I believe there are other shots from this episode in which he appears even taller than this. He's a big lad; much bigger than he appeared in the comics, for example.

6. Guapisimo

Guapisimo Goldmember

593F5FB0-2A99-4F2B-BF64-F12F95AA2719.png

Kinda close. I’m going with this scale for my MP shelf. Phoenix is just too big for my space and this is close enough.

7. robh

robh Decepticon

siege is too greebly. If you don't want to spend the extra money (I'm not sure I would, and I love Phoenix), your best bet may be to wait to see if anyone releases a less greebly KO.

8. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    FT Phoenix is the best and only way to go. Accept no substitutes. Worth every penny you'll put towards him.

9. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Shut up Blur! ~The Rude Awakening of Optimus TFW2005 Supporter

I'll never pay after market price for Phoenix. I have Siege Jetfire on Pre-Order and will be my stand in till I can get on one of the Phoenix orders. Whenever he comes up I always seem to miss it by a day. I sometimes wonder if people are buying 4 or 5 of them to have one and then scalp the rest.

10. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

There’s an easy solution for your problem, buy a Dx9 Gabriel.
    Phoenix will seem small in comparison.

Your other MPs will seem tiny though.

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Yeah, this is like perfect Kronos scale.

Even here where Skyfire is clearly bigger than the other pic above, Phoenix is still bigger than this scale...

12. StriderHiryu

StriderHiryu Well-Known Member

Oh, how the TF collecting universe would be revolutionized by arrival of Pym particles...

13. JET7

JET7 Well-Known Member

14. spot138

spot138 Proud Gee-Wunner!!!

Ebay:
    That looks pretty good

15. JET7

JET7 Well-Known Member

As a jetfire starscream tandem DSC_0376.JPG collector, i would still get Kronos is sold at a bargain price even with its faults.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mentasm

Mentasm Human Germ

Like I said, you can find a picture to support almost any argument, I just don't happen to have a copy of the episode to hand. I was (naively) assuming people could read between the lines...

It also depends which OP figure you're using. MP-10 is actually a little short compared to MP-36, whereas TE-01 is more in line.

17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Wasn't suggesting you were wrong...my point was it's uncommon to see Skyfire as big as Phoenix depicts him, and my personal opinion is FT-10 is bigger than I'd like him to be. My biggest issue with him is he's not much shorter than Constructor...and I just don't think Skyfire should be comparable in size to Devastator. Use Kronos, though, and to my eye, everything still seems in balance. Prime is Prime, Skyfire is huge, and Devastator is a behemoth...

18. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Did skyfire ever battle devastator?

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't think so...but based on the size of FT-10 and Constructor...they probably should have.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mentasm

Mentasm Human Germ

To be fair it was uncommon to see Skyfire full stop, and when you did he was very rarely in-line with other characters, making the scale hard to judge because of perspective (both images above are susceptible to this). If you go by the scale chart (and I know not everyone does), Prime should come up to his canopy, which MP-10 almost does (and TE-01 is slightly taller than MP-10), so he's possibly half a head too tall at most. For me that's negligible, especially when considering his alt mode and overall quality.

I get what you're saying about your own preference, but in terms of accuracy it's pretty damn close.

Don't get me started on Devastator though. His size is all over the place... Although again, going by the chart Phoenix scales fairly well with CW Dev.

IMG_20180816_080507925_LL.jpg

• Like Like x 1