Decent alternative to FT-10 Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sportimus, May 14, 2019.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since it looks to be IMPOSSIBLE to get a preorder for Fans Toys FT-10 Phoenix, and I don't want to pay over the ~$219 USD retail price for one, are there ANY good alternatives to use for my MP collection? Siege Jetfire is way too small. MakeToys Jetfire perhaps? Can anyone post a pic of the MT Jetfire next to MP Prime or Magnus? Any other options?

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Siege Jetfire is too small for you, then MakeToys' version isn't going to help you in that regard. He's not exceptionally large, fairly comparable to the Leader version.

FansToys' is sadly the only real option you've got if you want a true MP-scaled Skyfire. There were a couple of other versions before FT did theirs, but they look like complete ass, IMO. Total amateur-hour productions on those ones.

• Like Like x 2
  3. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, the MakeToys one is NOT a MPalike by any means. It's a neat mold though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Siege is 11", Phoenix is like 14", right? I'm in a similar boat and decided to opt for the Siege version. I'm hoping on an upgrade kit to give it a new head more like Phoenix', maybe someone will do one to boost his height?

5. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Without actually owning one, I was happy to go with the Siege Skyfire until I managed to get a pre-order of Phoenix.
    Someone posted a photo in the Phoenix thread of what I interpreted as Siege Skyfire next to MP-10 and it looked fine height-wise to me. I know Skyfire was big in the cartoon, but I didn't think he was twice as tall as Optimus so it looked like it scaled well. But I could be wrong, and even if I'm not then the scale might not suit your sensibilities.
    But yes, there seems to be few options out there - which is probably why people have jumped on any Phoenix releases so quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to admit, I think you're right and this thread is just my own act of desperation at this point. Part of me wishes I had gotten FT-10 the first time around. Or at least maybe if I had a 1:48 Yamato VF-1S (looks like the old Banda Veritech like G1 Jetfire). I just have to accept the writing on the wall and move on then.

Yeah, it does look pretty neat. Even though it looks nothing at all to G1 Jetfire or the toon Skyfire, it still has enough there to work for me if it was large enough. But I guess that's not the case when it comes to its size.

Thanks though, for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

7. JET7

JET7 Well-Known Member

Kronos

• Like Like x 6
  8. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

whenever BMB or WJ os'es the siege. hopefully they do a non panel heavy version too..

9. A03

A03 Well-Known Member

250px-Ghostface.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

IDK...:tumbleweed: 

• Like Like x 5
  10. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. Optimis prime

Optimis prime Well-Known Member

siege, wouldnt recommend kronos, , suck qc and suck price ( i remember it more expensive than phoenix)

12. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-09 at 12.28.02 AM.jpeg
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. rjp3

rjp3 Well-Known Member

The 1:48 VF-1S is also too small, barely a head and a half taller than MP10. Siege Jetfire looks about 30% taller than MP10 (seen in Optibotimus's preview video) , which I think would work fine. In fact, with a little paint, resculpting and degimmicking, Siege Jetfire could be customized into a damn fine MP Jetfire.
    IMG_0694.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

If you want a quality figure and proper MP scaling, then Phoenix is the only option. He's the right size and with the exception of the backpack clip, really is perfect quality wise.

Kronos is scale wise also pretty close, but quality…yeah, anyone who was tempted and didn't get one was jumping with joy when the reviews came in.

Siege is Hasbro main line quality (so less than FT) and also smaller. Technically too small for MP, but he is still a lot bigger than MP Optimus so it could work.

Maketoys is the same size as MP-10 and thus too small (plus a completely different look).

• Like Like x 1
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless you're talking about then few cases where the hinge on the clip is apparently absurdly tight and thus incredibly difficult to pry out of the backpack, then there's no quality issue with the clip itself.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 Contrary to popular opinion, not actually a G1er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maketoys CD- not even in the same league, it's a chug and the aesthetic doesn't work for MP.
    Kronos- horrible QC, hard to find nowadays
    Siege- too small but there might be an OS KO in future

I guess the best option is just to wait if you don't want to buy Phoenix. Something else is bound to come along.

17. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

The answer is the inevitable Black Mamba/Weijiang OS of the siege Jet Fire. Which I'm 100% positive will happen.

• Like Like x 1
  18. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Don’t sweat it. It’s not out yet and when it does it’ll be like Quakewave all over again.

19. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    There is no decent alternative. I think Siege Skyfire works, but you said it's too short. So you leave yourself short handed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Yup. All the options have already been explored and none of them are ideal. I was planning on picking up siege until the reissue got announced and I snagged one. Kronos is an option but, like everybody said, not a great one - qc issues aside, he even looks cheap. If I couldn't get Phoenix, I'd get siege and then, when Wei Jiang OSKOs him, I'd get that.